jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

What was the over all teaching?

1. mischeviousme profile image60
    mischeviousmeposted 4 years ago

What have we missed? We evidently have no idea. So then, why do we worry.Is it all that important to be right? To be factual is one thing, but to hold it over antone's head is just silly. I do not agree with the secularist, nor the atheist. I think that they are both one in the same... Human.

Whay can't it be this easy?

1. AshtonFirefly profile image82
      AshtonFireflyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Unfortunately it is not easy because humans are proving themselves to be not quite as intelligent as our science books tell us sad

I wish we would all just get along and be open-minded and accepting of each other. But as long as human ego and selfishness exist...I'm afraid our situation looks somewhat sad.

However, I am finding many people who are willing to accept and respect me, as I try to accept and respect them, regardless of religious or political differences.

Sometimes I have to ask myself: If this person were my sister, how would i respond? If they were my mom or my dad, would I be this combative? The more I communicate with people, the more I learn it is necessary to forget this thing called "self" and tune into others' experiences and learn about what makes them into the person that they are. Only once I take myself out of the equation am I able to see the truth in someone else. And that is when I feel truly happly.

1. couturepopcafe profile image61
        couturepopcafeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ashton, everytime I see your avatar I can't help thinking you look like what's her name from Charmed, the one who played Phoebe.

1. AshtonFirefly profile image82
          AshtonFireflyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

lol! never seen that show...

2. A Troubled Man profile image61
      A Troubled Manposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Are you sure "secularist" is the correct word?