jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (12 posts)

Converted warlord seeks peace instead of violence

1. Captain Redbeard profile image61
    Captain Redbeardposted 5 years ago

http://www.christianpost.com/news/afric … ist-65550/

Once ate the hearts of children before battle and wore nothing but shoes, carrying his gun. General Butt Naked is a real guy and has a testamony that is hard to argue with.

1. Jerami profile image77
      Jeramiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Very interesting.   

"IF" true ?  ...  a miracle ??

2. Philanthropy2012 profile image89
      Philanthropy2012posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Just wait until he reads the part about "if you kill one man" it's a sin, that may result in your burning in hell for the rest of your life.

I feel sorry for those who will be around him at that moment :S

Where do we draw the line for those worthy of repentance and those who are not worthy?

I guess that depends upon who is holding the pencil on That Day?

I'm very happy to NOT have been trusted with that pencil.

1. Michele Travis profile image70
            Michele Travisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

As am I.

2. Seek-n-Find profile image88
        Seek-n-Findposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sorry P--but that's just not how it works.  Christianity is not based on works and deeds.  It is not a "if you mess up x amount of times or do something x bad, you go to hell."  The person who is saved--is saved.  It is the righteousness of Christ that saves them, not their own "good" works.  This doesn't mean people can do whatever they want because they got the "magic ticket" to heaven.  To have faith in God is more than mere belief--faith is genuine belief AND a lifestyle characterized by increasing fruit of goodness, not absolute perfection.

I sincerely doubt that this man's life was radically transformed because somebody walked up to him and threatened him with hell. He said that it is the love of God that transformed him, not the fear of punishment.  You have to admit stories like this are--well--mind-boggling.  Can you honestly look at stories like this and write it off as an "uninformed" decision?  You are too smart for that, my friend.  :-)

1. Philanthropy2012 profile image89
          Philanthropy2012posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Haha It was tongue in cheek Seek-n-Find! A satire on this whole story which I deem to be far too good to be true!

Though what you say doesn't all chime up together either!

"It is the righteousness of Christ that saves them, not their own "good" works." and when they do something bad? It's 100% their fault instead?!

So we have free will to do bad things , but when we do good things it's just Christ doing it!?

That's not really free will now yikes

"faith is genuine belief AND a lifestyle characterized by increasing fruit of goodness, not absolute perfection" So this man kills 20,000 people, I think we would all agree that this is not in compliance with the modern teachings of Christianity. To then acquire a "genuine" belief and a lifestyle mitigates this man from punishment? That's not just in the slightest!

("I sincerely doubt that this man's life was radically transformed because somebody walked up to him and threatened him with hell")

No Seek-N-Find, though I do not doubt that after he saw what happened to Libya and Gadaffi and how the Western allies are not being kind to acts of cruelty (which is what we're pretending the reason was), and the very likely fact that with the end of the regime, this man lost his power and authority and was now under threat of vengeful 20,000 families; he decided to try and scuttle to the safety of Christianity, giving the utterly ridiculous notion that this barbaric serial murderer had changed his ways and didn't deserve to be mutilated by all of the afore mentioned families.

So I certainly do not look at a story like this and  "write it off as an "uninformed" decision", I rather analyse the evidence and every time so far, there has been a more than likely explanation for this sudden change of heart!

Christianity is the hot-ticket for barbarians, suddenly they are able to take part in communities of moral people that willingly accept them. But where was this "love of God that transformed him" when he was slaughtering 20,000 families?

A bit late, God, but better late than never...

3. Michele Travis profile image70
      Michele Travisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This is one of those " I have no idea" moments.  Not that it is unusual for me.  At least a few have told me that.....

4. Seek-n-Find profile image88
      Seek-n-Findposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for sharing!  I know many people who have their own "miracle" stories of transformation--not as dramatic as this story--but still, quite dramatic!

Have you ever seen the documentary by Darren Wilson called "Furious Love"?  He goes into the darkest parts of the world and looks to see what God is doing in the very worst case scenario places. It is an amazing story!  I actually know Darren, and he's coming out with his third documentary this year (summer, I think) called "Father of Lights" and he says this one surpasses all he's yet seen and reported.  This article you shared reminds me of some of the stories he told about what happened when he filmed this movie.  I had an opportunity to have lunch with him and heard about a radical transformation of a gang leader of the highest tier of the LK--the power of God hit this man so strongly he was just about knocked off his feet and wept, etc.  There's more--you'll see when you watch the movie.  :-)  It's almost as compelling as the story you shared.  If you haven't seen his documentary yet, I highly suggest it.  Thanks again for posting, matey.  smile

1. Captain Redbeard profile image61
        Captain Redbeardposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I will have to look into them, never heard of him. I love documentaries.

2. 0
    Emile Rposted 5 years ago

Very interesting. I'll have to watch that documentary when it airs.

working