jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (15 posts)

Speak from experience not from religion

1. mischeviousme profile image60
    mischeviousmeposted 5 years ago

Religion is not an experience, it is an indoctrination and there is nothing original about using it to describe something. Your heart is in the right place, but your mind is not. I am not religious, but I am of religion and I do not use scripture unless I have no choice and usually it is to prove a point. I cannot stand false piety and I really cannot stand people thinking that they know something because of it. Just admit that it is a belief and that you know nothing and people will be more likely to take you seriously.

2. ddsurfsca profile image72
    ddsurfscaposted 5 years ago

congratulations, I am there with you.  I personally think that there will be people in every denomination and church that will be in the group of gods chosen, and that church gives people a false sense of security when it comes to being spiritual. 
    We should live our religous beliefs, not preach them or try to prove anything by them.  The only right belief is the one in your own heart that you live by.
    I have seen miracles, and those I must believe and I have given myself to God, ahd He accepted me, and those experiences are real, only to me probably, but if others give it a try they will see for themselves.
    Very well put, and I thank you.

mischeviousmeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

And I thank you. One does not know because they think they do. I must admit that I know nothing before I can learn anything. I think that people should carry that with them when they follow a religion, it will make the experience that much more rewarding.

3. ddsurfsca profile image72

I think that many people like to come onto these religous forums only to argue and to prove to somebody, mostly themselves that they are right, and everybody who believes differently are wrong.  There is no discussion in these forums that are real for nobody really converses, only puts others down and name call and nothing is ever achieved or discovered or even learned about anything.  It is a fighting forum meant only to keep all the arguements there I think.  Little is actually discovered or learned about the spiritual world. or the differences in beliefs.

I agree. I have been taking both sides for so long though, that it has opened my eyes and I see more clearly about things than I ever had in the past. It helped me to find a way to talk to others and to relate to my self. I thank all that have argued with me and all that agreed. Life is precious and so is everyone and everything on earth. I have found peace and I want to share it.

4. Kyle Payne profile image60
    Kyle Payneposted 5 years ago

My religion, as some may call it, is not a religion. I have a relationship and it is monitored only with the Bible. I am a Biblicist.

Why be into an ism, when one can be into all things?

1. Kyle Payne profile image60
        Kyle Payneposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Cause some things are wrong, mostly.

You have missed the meaning my words. I am saying to be part of the greater whole, for you see, even a thief can become enlightened.

1. Kyle Payne profile image60
            Kyle Payneposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Greater whole of what?

It. Be part of the universe, the greatest it of all. I can only say this in so many words, for my understanding of words is limited. To me they are only sounds we make that others of our kind understand. I am saying that all of what we think we know is nonsense, unless it is what we know of ourselve's. If I can understand my own workings a little better, then I can function as myself and be understood by it. I am trying to be one with all things and desire can be a barrier.

2. A Troubled Man profile image60
      A Troubled Manposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No, it is a religion and you are religious, by definition.

5. ddsurfsca profile image72

Please let me clarify, as for myself, I am not religious, I am spiritual.  I do not go to church, nor do I think that going to church is altogether a good thing for it tends to allow people to feel a false sense of security or being alright with God because they attend, when God really wants us to live our "religion". 
    I am not religious, but a spiritual being.

Thus you are being as you feel you should be, which is as pure as feeling should be. The feeling should be in the now and not of the ideas from then. This is the true meaning of being. Every word I speak is now and in turn, it fades to then. Live in the now for yourself, just be mindful of now and everyone else in the now.

2. A Troubled Man profile image60
      A Troubled Manposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You are religious, by definition. Going to church has nothing to do with it.

working