To All Christian Writers

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (64 posts)
  1. Billjordan profile image58
    Billjordanposted 12 years ago

Any Christian writers interested in getting together and publishing a book Hubs for the Soul?

1. parrster profile image84
      parrsterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sounds intriguing. What do you have in mind?

Billjordanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

something inspirational taken from the best christian hubs

2. profile image52
      paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

[17:86] And they ask thee concerning the soul. Say, ‘The soul is by the command of my Lord; and of the knowledge thereof you have been given but a little.’

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … p;verse=85

With a little knowledge one cannot write a book, in my opinion.

1. couturepopcafe profile image61
        couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

paars, you don't understand the inuendo and sublety of American English. 

@TroubledMan & Pcunix - why do you two always try to throw a monkey wrench into places where you clearly have no interest other than to cause dissent or smirk like a couple of know-it-alls'?  There are many ways about which the concept of the soul can be written and to which creative writers can address their thoughts.  If you're not into creative writing, than go work on some tech stuff somewhere and leave the creatives to do their own thing.

1. profile image52

And I never claimed it. Do the Americans know a lot about soul?

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
            Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

They know much more about "soul food" than "souls in particular".  That's why there's an obesity problem among young and old here in the US.  Notice how preachers shy away from sermons on gluttony these days.  lol

1. profile image52

Oh, that is it

2. couturepopcafe profile image61

I would say no more than anyone else but the implication of 'Hubs for the Soul' would be taken to mean thoughts/hubs that nourish the soul, not hubs from the perspective of the soul. I guess the OPer would know best what he meant. No harm intended.

3. profile image56
      mours sshieldsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I would be interested in a group hub. I'm also a Christian writer. More
      info, please.

4. Seek-n-Find profile image71
      Seek-n-Findposted 12 years agoin reply to this

To the nay-sayers: I don't think he's literally thinking about writing about the soul.  Heard of the books series, "Chicken Soup for the Soul?"  It means inspirational stories.  And even if the book is about people's understandings regarding the soul--so be it.  People can write books on whatever they want and unless you are the publishing company through which they go, your belief in souls or no souls doesn't really change things for the book one way or another.

Bill Jordan:  I would be interested in hearing more about this idea.  What are your thoughts?

2. A Troubled Man profile image59
    A Troubled Manposted 12 years ago

There are no sources of information about the soul, how could you even write a single paragraph let alone a book?

1. Pcunix profile image91
      Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Like everything else, they make it up.

2. Billjordan profile image58

there are hundreds of Christian Hubs on Hub pages it would be easy you don't write Hubs any way

1. manlypoetryman profile image76
        manlypoetrymanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol I know...right!

A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So what? Those aren't sources, they're just someones irrational beliefs.

"BBBLLLL-AAAAAA-PPPPPP"(Raspberry noise) And...moving right along...past the "know everything in the world" A Troubled Man guy...

1. wordscribe43 profile image91
            wordscribe43posted 12 years agoin reply to this

'k, I don't know about anyone else, but there's no L, B or A in my raspberries.  I'm thinking it's:  "pffffffft"

Yeah WS43...but you ain't sayin' it with a Texas accent....duh! lol

1. wordscribe43 profile image91
                wordscribe43posted 12 years agoin reply to this

LMAO!!!  No reply, no comeback for that one, MPM!  I lived in Oklahoma, so I can hear it clearly now.  lol

lol

*queue banjo picking*

"That there is just goobledegook...and a watch-a-ma-call-it...type of undersophisticated-type a'thinking...right there...I tell ya'. What'd'ya think...that I went and fell off the 'ol turnip truck yesterday...or sum'thing?

Drrrr...?!"

http://www.guzer.com/pictures/redneck-riding-mower.jpg

1. couturepopcafe profile image61

lol

2. K9keystrokes profile image84
              K9keystrokesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

@wordscribe43--  "...there's no L, B or A in my raspberries.  I'm thinking it's: "pffffffft"... ((lol)) ((lol))

3. Perspycacious profile image62
    Perspycaciousposted 12 years ago

The Holy Bible is a good place to start: Genesis 2:7 man became a living soul; and in the following:  1 Cor. 15:45; Deut 6:5; Job 14:22; Psalms 16:10; 19:7; 22:29; 23:3 (he restoreth my soul); Proverbs 6:32; 19:16; Isaiah 53:10 (thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin); 53:12 (he hath poured out his soul unto death); 55:3 (hear, and your soul shall live); 58:10 (if thou draw out thy soul unto the hungry); Ezekiel 33:5 (he that taketh warning shall deliver his soul); Mathew 10:28 (fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body); 16:26 (gain the whole world, and lose his own soul); 26:38 (My soul is exceeding sorrowful); Luke 1:46 (Mary said, "My soul doth magnify the Lord;); 12:20 this night thy soul shall be required;); Acts 4:32 (multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul; 1 Thessalonians 5:23 (pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved); Hebrews 4:12; 6:19; 13;17; James 1:21; 5;20; 1 Peter 1:22 (ye have purified your soul in obeying); 2:11 (fleshly lusts, which war against the soul); Revelation 6:9 (I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain;).
    Clearly there is anough which refers to our souls, that nothing nobody needs to make something up!

To all who are interested we could catalog the top inspirational Hubs and the we could get with the authors of those Hubs and see if they would like to include there work.

4. manlypoetryman profile image76
    manlypoetrymanposted 12 years ago

Anyways...this sounds like a good idea. How does one get something like this started?

for all who are interested submit your ten favorite inspirational Hubs  and we will go from there

5. Smokes Angel profile image60
    Smokes Angelposted 12 years ago

Some people cannot help but show their stupidity by posting....

6. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

While others don't even have to post to achieve the same effect.....!lol

7. profile image57
    WhoBeYouBeposted 12 years ago

I do not think this place would allow you all to so easily strip your hubs from here and publish them. From what I have seen of it, they would demand thier own piece of the pie from you all.

That's what you get for trying to think!  Don't attempt it again!  lol

1. profile image57
        WhoBeYouBeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You always attack people you do not know?

Very telling.

No, just those saying things they have no knowledge of.  That would be you because you obviously don't understand that a hubber can remove their content when they please here.  Now that's very telling.  lol

1. profile image57

read my statement right above your post.

And then go play by yourself.

You do not interest, nor impress me, in the least.

Darn!  And I so wanted the approval of someone with no hubs nor understanding of the site at all.  I am depressed!  lol

1. profile image57

Just cause I have no hubs does not mean I do not know, nor understand this site.

I actually have a couple few years of experience on here, Randy.

Good to see you have not changed a bit.

Then it is indeed hard to understand why you didn't know one can remove their hubs when they like if you've been here that long, Whobe! Nope, I haven't changed a bit.  I'm still honest!  smile

1. profile image57

Honest?... Still thinking well of yourself, I see.

The statements you make can be called a lot of things... honest is not very often among them though.

But to each his own.

And I am sure you can attest to the fact that each and every individual interaction between author and hubs goes perfect and without any hassles to the author.

Believe it or not, there are bad reports out there on hubpages and dealings with them... the internet sort of over-flows with such things.

But if you think you know how every last dealing goes... then fine.

2. prairieprincess profile image91
      prairieprincessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Who, we retain all of the rights to our work. Hubpages is a self-publishing forum. We are told not to produce duplicate content online but print is a different thing.

1. profile image57

I know a few people who publish on here and have for years, and I have heard horror stories of trying to get ones work removed form this site to use in other formats.

Maybe they were just flukes is all.

1. prairieprincess profile image91

Who, really? That is the first I have heard of that.

1. profile image57

I'll ask Sara, John and Eric, to name a couple, if it is okay to discuss thier stories in specifics before I blast them out there.

And I won't be talking to them tonite. But I will send off the e-mails and ask.

2. Pcunix profile image91
          Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Utter nonsense.  Somebody lied to you.

8. prairieprincess profile image91
    prairieprincessposted 12 years ago

Yes, that sounds like a great idea, Bill. I have written some inspiratiional hubs.  I can send you the links, if you like, and also some of my favourite Christian writers. Blessings.

9. prairieprincess profile image91
    prairieprincessposted 12 years ago

It is harassment that people are allowed to hijack a threat devoted to Christianity like this. And the implication that all people of Christian persuasion are somehow slow and stupid is simply complete prejudice.

If someone had an idea about Christian hubs, good manners would let people who are not interested or in favour, to simply ignore the thread and stick to threads that they are interested in, or in favour of. I am a Christian writer and should not have to feel as I am going to be mocked if I mention that fact in the forums. From my understanding, this forum is designed for all writers, not just the atheist or agnostic writers.

Correct, PP!  All writers are welcome to post on any thread here.  If you wish for no one to disagree with you or criticize your cult then you are in the wrong place.  There are a "god's plenty" of purely christian sites for just such bible thumping.  smile

Who did Bible thumping? And how could you criticize anyone's "cult" as you put it, when you know nothing about them? This is personal harassment, pure and simple.  Saying I am a Christian is not "Bible thumping,." I don't think anyone in this thread did any Bible thumping. They simply made a move to communicate with people with similar beliefs. 

Are all writers welcome to comment on any post, even when it is nothing to do with them, simply for the purpose of harassing someone for their beliefs? I think that is questionable. At the very least, it is in poor taste.

Just like me, you are entitled to your opinion, PP.  And by the way, do you believe those not in your cult will go to hell if they don't believe as you do? I would guess no, as that would be a type of harassment and you do not like that, correct?  smile

And yes, feel free to comment on any post you like, such as a pro-abortion thread or something similar you might not agree with.  See how it works? smile

Randy, i don't really need lessons on how the forums work, but thank you so much. smile

This thread, though, was not a discussion started about debating religious or spiritual questions. It was a thread started for the purpose of connecting people of similar faith. It was not a thread to discuss if we think Christianity is a good faith. smile  If there was a thread started on abortion, then an opinion on abortion would be appropriate.

But as always, I regret saying anything on these forums, on this topic.

My mistake then, PP!  It's just that I was raised in the middle of the Bible Belt and saw how narrow minded most christians were and how most of them had no idea where the bible came from at all.  Most thought the novel was written by god himself and never realized it was simply myths and fiction.  This cult has done irreparable damage to the world and is still doing so today.  smile

Randy, sorry you had some bad experiences. I've met nice people and mean people from all belief systems. And smart people and people that aren't as smart, from many different belief systems, too. I know and respect people who are Muslim, Jewish, Catholic, Hindu and believe in Traditional Indian religion. To me, I try to respect them, whatever their beliefs, even if  I disagree with them.  To me, the exciting thing about a writing forum is the opportunity to learn from many others who don't necessarily share my background or beliefs.

No problem, I've learned how to be a better person by using some of the local self-professed christians as an example of how not to act.  If there were a god, I would thank him for not making me a christian.  yikes

You will learn a lot from these forums if you really want to.  But only if you can listen with an open mind, something most of your faith have a problem doing here.  I don't know if you inherited your religion like many here, but if so, it may be tough to accept the real truth about the Bible.  It is for most.

Anyway, good luck to you! smile

10. profile image0
    starsofeightposted 12 years ago

What is called for, by those in favor of the concept, is a plan for contact and communication apart from our detractors.

11. Cassie Smith profile image60
    Cassie Smithposted 12 years ago

billjordan, I'm more of a politics and social issues writer but I would be interested in reading some Christian spiritual hubs.

12. Billjordan profile image58

It seems that a lot of non christian like to hate on christian writers we have a right to write and be on Hubpages as anyone else. But getting back to what I was asking here send me and E mail of your top inspiration Hubs and we will get this project going. Williamjordan_49@msn.com.

1. mischeviousme profile image60
      mischeviousmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you're going to write about the Christ, be sure to put his name on the cover or it'll be pure garbage. If it is truly inspired, leave your name out of the binding and take no credit.

No one is hating you and no one is stopping you. Paranoid much?

13. Billjordan profile image58

Is anyone intrest

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)