jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

The Best Approach

1. 0
    Muldaniaposted 4 years ago

Regardless of whether people agree or disagree with atheism, is the approach of the likes of Richard Dawkins and the late Christopher Hitchens the right one.  By making fun of people's religious beliefs, does this approach lead to anything positive, or just to an endless unwinable argument?

1. Kyle Payne profile image61
      Kyle Payneposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Nothing meaningful and deserved has ever been attained by making fun of someone's religious beliefs. Mankind has been in heated debate for thousands of years as to whether or not God exist. I find it hard to believe that we will solve the problem now, so it seems that greater minds have attempted to tackle the subject and get an answer, though no one has succeeded. In the end it comes down to what you believe and what you put your faith in. I guess in the end we will see who was write.

2. A Troubled Man profile image61
      A Troubled Manposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I didn't know Dawkins was making fun of believers. I've been to his seminars and lectures, watched his videos and even had the opportunity to talk with him one on one.

Dawkins is dead serious when he talks about religious indoctrination and child abuse, it isn't humorous to him in the least.

2. Millercl profile image87
    Millerclposted 4 years ago

Then I think you are as naive as the generalized Christians you make fun of.