jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (28 posts)

Let's bring a new philosophy on table | fasting clears the mind!

1. GoldenBird profile image60
    GoldenBirdposted 5 years ago

Do you have a spark? What about fasting brings enlightenment?

1. AshtonFirefly profile image83
      AshtonFireflyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Fasting can make you feel alot of unusual things. Your body is deprived of nutrients... hmm

GoldenBirdposted 5 years ago in reply to this

*can* is different from *does* cool  -and we are not getting there even with a lot of junk. smile

My point was that fasting can AND will make you feel a lot of things, if you do it long enough. Your body is being deprived of nutrients. Your body will start breaking down and your mind will do funny things. It's the same as if you deprive your body of sleep.

Yea. But I was speaking about the controlled-fasting. Even fasting with dried fruits and fruit-juices; just to try a different approach. Discussing philosophy does not do *real* change - does it?

Food does. Stop watching television for a week. Stay in a forest for a day and night. Run a mile in a field. They work much better than listening to any philosophy.

I see. As for controlled fasting, I have no clue. Never tried it and I'm not familiar with the ideas surrounding that type of fasting.

Fasting shapes the mind. It gives it focus. It's difficult in our world to do it, just as it's difficult to stay away from television or newspaper, they are now a part of life. Do we walk nowadays? We used to walk when there were no public transport. Try walking for a day. It brings a different mind.  cool

How exactly would fasting give it focus? I'm not sure I'm getting your drift....is it because it require discipline and commitment, or..?

There is a direct connection between the stomach and the nervous system. When there is no food, the mind gets into action. Fat people seldom think.

2. A Troubled Man profile image60
      A Troubled Manposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Fasting can bring delirium, if that's what you mean by clearing the mind.

working