jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (19 posts)

Are you sure of where you will be when you die?

1. Felixedet2000 profile image60
    Felixedet2000posted 5 years ago

Life is endless and the spirit of man lives eternally in the universe.
    Are you very confident that your life will continue may be in another form and in another world?

I believe this is a common destiny for every one: do you have contrary opinion?

1. JKenny profile image91
      JKennyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Personally, I don't know. It takes an enormous leap of faith to envisage life after death. But I would also argue that it takes an even bigger leap of faith of to envisage that when you die, you'll just cease to exist, because the thought of just ceasing to exist is terrifying. Imagine, if a loved one dies, would you be able to accept that you'd never see them again in some sort of afterlife? It would be very hard.

2. Sturgeonl profile image89
      Sturgeonlposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Absolutely. I also know that the spirit of man can be positive or negative. For those who think everyone will go to the same place...remember...birds of a feather flock together. Oil and water do not mix. You will find your place with others who have a similar spirit. Is this good? That depends on whether you have looked deep inside to better yourself, and are open to the divinity of God to transform you.

3. Felixedet2000 profile image60
      Felixedet2000posted 5 years ago in reply to this

the fact that most of us are not aware of where we will be when we die is a confirmation that we have very little and limited knowledge, fear God and do his commandment so you may have life abundantly, Jesus is Lord.

1. A Troubled Man profile image61
        A Troubled Manposted 5 years ago in reply to this

So, living in fear equates to life abundant, in order to continue living in fear? lol

1. Felixedet2000 profile image60
          Felixedet2000posted 5 years ago in reply to this

What is your definition of fear ordinarily?

4. jacharless profile image78
      jacharlessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

As you said, the spirit of a man lives eternal.
      So if I am living by spirit, which authorizes my thoughts, translating/processing that light from spirit to brain then body -both body and brain will live eternal also.
      There is much evidence in the present human body and brain to agree it is possible.

Therein: the actual truth of 'salvation'.

James.

5. DoubleScorpion profile image86
      DoubleScorpionposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Not a single person truly knows the answer to this question...And we will not find out until we do die (if there is an afterlife) or we will just cease to exist (if there isn't an afterlife)...Either way only our death will "reveal" that truth to us.

And to be honest...I have enough to do and enjoy today to stress over "tomorrow".

6. Sturgeonl profile image89
      Sturgeonlposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Life is endless but it is not about taking on another form in the universe...it is about revealing our spirit and taking your place with God.

2. Disturbia profile image59
    Disturbiaposted 5 years ago

How can anyone be sure of something like that.  I'm sure where my body will be because I have made specific plans for it, as for my spirit, and I do believe we all have one, who knows where that really goes.

3. aka-dj profile image80
    aka-djposted 5 years ago

The plan is to live with God.

Sometimes focusing too much on the afterlife, we miss the point of living with Him
    in the here and now. This is the greater purpose. To be one with Him, starting now, and ending, well, with Him.
    The fact is that our ultimate dwelling place is not in Heaven, but on Earth. Revelation is very clear on that.

For the Atheist(s), it doesn't matter, since they have written God off as non-existent. Why would you want to live with someone/something that doesn't exist? It's almost a pointless question.

It may be and age old curiosity of humanity to want to know what's beyond death, but, again, to many nonbelievers, the risk is worth taking. (Just saying).

4. jdflom profile image77
    jdflomposted 5 years ago

As an atheist, I am confident when I die my consciousness will cease to exist and that will be that. However, if I am buried properly, my energy will continue helping future generations on this planet because my body will decompose and become fertilizer for plants, which will then be consumed by humans or animals, helping the life cycle continue. I find happiness in knowing I can contribute to society after I die.

5. Disappearinghead profile image88
    Disappearingheadposted 5 years ago

As a believer in God and the bible, I see I have no immortal spirit that lives on after death, and I am confident that when I die, it will be party time for the worms. There my body shall lay until I am resurrected. Just hope it's the first not the second one though.

6. Druid Dude profile image61
    Druid Dudeposted 5 years ago

Summed up quite well...but then we are quite differnt. Everything re-cycles eventually.

7. Druid Dude profile image61
    Druid Dudeposted 5 years ago

How could we have been with God before the foundation of the world? That's in the bible.

1. jacharless profile image78
      jacharlessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

DD,
      that statement simply means his breath/spirit/word was in him from the foundations of the world. We are that same breath/spirit/word.
      Life is the light (spirit/lumen) in men.

There are other such creatures on this planet, that emit light, versus absorb it.
      James.

8. Greek One profile image79
    Greek Oneposted 5 years ago

Cleveland Hopkins International Airport...
    Food Court's Men's Bathroom...
    bathroom stall #3
    alcohol poisoning

1. Druid Dude profile image61
      Druid Dudeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

actually, Jesus said he knew us before the foundation. W/o a soul, this whole thing is pointless.

1. Disappearinghead profile image88
        Disappearingheadposted 5 years ago in reply to this

He knew us because he dwells outside of time such that the past and the future are all seen by him as simultaneous events.

working