jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

This was most interesting, Pagan mom challenges Bibles in NorthCarolin

1. 910chris profile image73
    910chrisposted 5 years ago

This has happened not to far from where I live. I understand the outrage, but I will let you guys see it and decide for yourselves where this is going. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/18/pa … na-school/  It pertains to the Bible and a Wiccan book of magic.

1. mischeviousme profile image61
      mischeviousmeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Wow!

2. autumn18 profile image69
      autumn18posted 5 years ago in reply to this

It doesn't surprise me. It just shows that a public school shouldn't support any religion because if they do they need to support all religions. The school may just say ok we'll distribute these Wiccan books. That would be interesting. Then all the parents who don't approve of that can speak up. So see it's easier for a school to just have no religious affiliation which is the law anyway.

3. MelissaBarrett profile image60
      MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago in reply to this

*standing ovation*

2. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

What a shocker; that all religions are treated the same, but only if Christian.  I never would have expected [i]that[/] from an American school. sad

1. mischeviousme profile image61
      mischeviousmeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ditto.

3. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 5 years ago

From the article, it appears the school board acted reasonably and rationally. They had an open policy to all religions, until they realized  what constituted all religions. At which time they decided to reevaluate the policy. I would expect no less.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Reasonably and rationally?  They had an open policy to all religions until someone not of their faith wanted to be a part of that fine ideal.  At that point reevaluation was necessary.

I, too, would expect no less.

working