jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (15 posts)

Religious theory of the origin man, why give money towards it?

1. Castlepaloma profile image22
    Castlepalomaposted 5 years ago

Most people on planet earth believe -MP       Many Christian believe- MC                                     

MP Evolution theories                      Adam and Eve or Sons of God theory.
    MP Dinosaur lived millions of years ago    MC Man and Dinosaurs co exist Exsisted
    MP Mankind is over 200,000 years old       MC Man is only 6000 to 10,000 years old
    MP Man has never lived pass age 125        MC Man has lived up to Age 969
    MP Many civilization lived before A&Eve    Adam and Eve, Giants, Angels and Demons

Who would Finance MC Fantasy theory to save most people from hell on Earth or for their hell in the afterlife in the future?

Castlepalomaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Excuse a few of my words sliding over, it look ok on screen

2. HeadlyvonNoggin profile image87
      HeadlyvonNogginposted 5 years ago in reply to this

33% Christianity
      21% Islam
      16% non-religious
      30% all other religions

Even with the number of Christians that believe evolution, I still don't think this qualifies as 'most people'. Being a christian who believes in evolution myself, I'm pretty sure I too am in the minority.

Christian of the world is whole 33% It's only in the US that we have a large percent of people who simply reject science. Most people in the world respect science.

wikipedia  graph of Evolution Percentage where most people agree that evolution is the best explanation for the origin of human life on earth

Buddhist  81%
        Hindu 80%
        Jewish77%
        Unaffiliated 72%
        Catholic 58%
        Orthodox 54%
        Mainline Protestant 51%
        Muslim 45%
        Hist. Black Protest. 38%
        Evang. Protestant 22%
        Total U.S. population percentage:48%

1. HeadlyvonNoggin profile image87
          HeadlyvonNogginposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's encouraging. I had never seen that.

Me too, it somewhat interesting to find evolution was that popular with Religions

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 5 years ago

Perception of piety.

3. Disappearinghead profile image90
    Disappearingheadposted 5 years ago

Excuse me for being thick but MP and MC?

Whatever, I do understand the mindset of those who fund creationist programmes; they think they are in a battle against Satan. They think that if evolution triumphs, man has no sin, then there is no need for a saviour, and God and Christianity will disappear in a puff of logic. Those Christians who support evolution are back sliding compromising heretics who have forfeited their place in the Kingdom of God.

Yet they willfully ignore that Genesis was written for and from an ancient Hebrew cultural perspective.

For me I'd rather not commit intellectual suicide.

1. mischeviousme profile image60
      mischeviousmeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Great comment... lol lol

2. Castlepaloma profile image22

I don’t separate my intellect and spiritual and blend them together in harmony. You rather say MP serves Satan. The most important part that puts man above the other animals is our brain, without this steering wheel, we would serve survival of the physical fittest in the forest or jungle with the rest of the million species

1. Disappearinghead profile image90
        Disappearingheadposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Absolutely agree. My point is that creationists think evolution is an invention of Satan, a grand scheme to turn men from God, so that they go to hell.

Do you believe in creationism and evolution at the same time?

Oh, my wording of MC for many Christian is softer sounding than saying most Christian

1. Disappearinghead profile image90
            Disappearingheadposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No I don't believe in creationism. All the evidence points to evolution. However, whether this evolution was by pure happenstance or by direction is another argument. I prefer the concept of a God directed evolution, but I don't subscribe to so called Intelligent Design.

As a kid I would play with Lego and over the course of the day 'evolve' my creations from a car to a plane to a helicopter. It seems logical to me that God might do the same as He appears to like diversity and progression from one degree of glory to another.

2. mischeviousme profile image60
        mischeviousmeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Being able to do things doesn't make us any better. We're still subject to life and death, just like all of the other animals. When we can eradicate death, then we'll be special, because we will have completely moved away from the natural world.

Many MC will get upset if you call them animals,  MC children under Yahweh feel very special until you ask them hard questions or they lose their job'

MC are over rated and over comfortable if you ask me'

working