jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

My Reflection on the Book "Purpose Driven Life " by Rick Warren

1. christianajohan profile image60
    christianajohanposted 4 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6079760_f248.jpg
    A good book for humanity.

1. 2besure profile image81
      2besureposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There is something wrong with Christians are quoting a book by Warren, more that holy scripture.  A few years back I knew several questions who left their churches because all the pastors were teaching was about the Purpose Driven Life.  He is off an most believes know it, other know something is wrong and can't put their finger on it, and other think he is just great.  Christians have got to stop looking for heroes!  It will mess them up every time.

1. getitrite profile image81
        getitriteposted 4 years ago in reply to this

A short list of HEROES Christians look to: 

Jesus
        Abraham
        Moses
        King David
        Mary
        Noah

Yep, messes them up every time!

2. PlanksandNails profile image89
    PlanksandNailsposted 4 years ago

The Illuminati’s Council on Foreign Relations has enlisted the services of Pastor Rick Warren to marshall tens of millions of evangelical Christians in a global crusade to convert humanity to the New Global Spirituality. The Council on Foreign Relations announced its intention of using their chosen puppet leader in the evangelical community to bring about their scheme of a united global order and an Occult Theocracy.

Under closer inspection this is a book that is laced with inaccuracies and misinterpretations.

If you want an idea of simple and misleading "Christianese" and Rick's presupposed purpose for your life, then weigh and test this book and expose it for the "tare" that it is.

1. Disappearinghead profile image90
      Disappearingheadposted 4 years ago in reply to this

.???? I'd be very interested if you could post some official quote from either Mr. Warren or the illuminati, or evidence to back up this startling claim.

I was bought this book as a present a couple years ago, but I gave up through boredom and the sense that living a purpose driven life is nothing to do with following processes and procedures.

Incidently, the term 'occult' simply pertains to things that are hidden. It carries no sense of malice or opposition to Christian theology in and of itself.

1. christianajohan profile image60
        christianajohanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I find the book suited to my life. I found the answer about things here on earth. This book is realistic and I can say that I am doing my transformation with the book to be a better man someday.

I have made some reflections in my hubs here. Just visit to read them. Thanks.

1. PlanksandNails profile image89
          PlanksandNailsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There are many religious books that may suits an individual lifestyle.

If the book is read in the context of contrasting it with Scripture, you will find a watered down, paraphrased gospel from the author's context, not a Biblical one. Rick Warren is a "pied piper" and I would be very pragmatic on how you approach his teachings.

2. PlanksandNails profile image89
        PlanksandNailsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

WorldNetDaily's publisher, Joe Farah has written a
        shocking, new article that exposes the "Purpose Driven" Mega-Church
        Pastor Rick Warren to be a liar and a self-admitted member of the CFR.

Warren has admitted that he's a CFR member. Here are some links to peruse:

www.texemarrs.com/022007/occult_theocracy.htm

lefemineforlife.blogspot.com/2008/08/cfr-rick-warren-cfr-john-mccain-and-cfr.html

christianclarityreview.wpblogs.com/2007/01/10/anti-christs-mouthpiece-of-rick-warren-and-the-council-on-foreign-relations/

www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?p=900113

thenewamerican.com/usnews/election/612-rick-warren-the-cfr-and-barack-obama

1. Disappearinghead profile image90
          Disappearingheadposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh

working