jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (12 posts)

Dont under estimate value of Salat(Namaz)

1. profile image60
    Tsiposted 5 years ago

Salat is mentioned directly and indirectly overall 700 times in Quran

1. A Troubled Man profile image61
      A Troubled Manposted 5 years ago in reply to this

So, quantity is far more important than quality to be considered valuable.

2. recommend1 profile image73
    recommend1posted 5 years ago

The funamental christian spammers take a rest and we get a new one in the name of another god.  Surely to all the gods hubpages can institute a number of hubs published before posting gag on these fly-by irritations !!!!!!

Surely this style and type of fundie pronouncement can be labelled spam removed so as to increase the average hubber intelligence by a notch or two ????  never mind remove a load of rubbish from the latest post board.

1. Castlepaloma profile image25
      Castlepalomaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Prayer five times a day,don't have enough time on my hands

1. Disappearinghead profile image88
        Disappearingheadposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have to say that five times a day is commendable, but is God really so angry with us that five times a day is needed to keep him from exercising his wrath?

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It may not be that at all; I have heard that the average person needs to have a message repeated 7 times before comprehension actually sets in.  Not much of an endorsement of our vaunted mental prowess, but there you are. 

Maybe God just needs a few more reiterations of our worship and obeisance to comprehend what we want or how much we worship him.  A weeks worth of prayer (35 repetitions) just might turn the trick and if not we can keep repeating the same thing for years.

1. LewSethics profile image60
            LewSethicsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

And you have to be facing mecca in order for the prayers to go through.  How many degrees can you be off and still get picked up by the spiritual antennae? 
            Which direction would a believer face if he (I won't bother to say she) were aboard the islamic spaceship 'jihad'?
            Do believers that work in underground mines have a light upward tilt when they pray toward the holy city?
            What happens when you pray six times, does it rollover?  Or do you get slapped across the head for wasting good prayer vibes?
            I am so close to being a believer, but these questions weigh down on me day and night, my camel is in layaway, and I stopped bathing.

1. LewSethics profile image60
              LewSethicsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

haha Before I get nailed on the bathing thing, it is because I am contemplating the ascetic life.

2. Castlepaloma profile image25

I would be praying

Please God , get me out of the Middle East , 10 times a day

3. wilderness profile image95
              wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The spaceship thing is a very valid question, and apparently one that Allah has not considered.

Think about it - the earth is NOT flat, and we know that now.  This means that prayers originating in, say, the Americas may actually be pointed toward Betelgeuse or Antares (depending on the time of year and exact location) because of the earths curvature.  Is that then considered to be Allah's home?

More likely, I would think, would be Polaris as it has always been of extreme importance to mankind.  That, however, means that the faithful in Greenland are actually pointing some other part of their anatomy towards God as they kneel and pray.  Picture the geometry of the action...

1. recommend1 profile image73
                recommend1posted 5 years ago in reply to this

The Arabs were well aware of this simple fact at that time, it was the christians who spread their ignorance across the (relatively) civilized world of that time, just as they would like to now.  Your misunderstanding of how east and the other points of the compass work is your inheritance.

1. Castlepaloma profile image25

GW Bush said we all pray to the same God

The same man said

Bush never stops finding new ways to harm America and its people. Looking back at Bush's economy ...

He never asked anyone to forgive him and his speeches

working