jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

1. 60
    ChillyMellposted 4 years ago

I just wanted to say one thing I believe and if anyone can understand me please don't hesitate to respond. I believe that God made us in 1 universal accordance. To just associate myself with one denomination is a not a good choice for me I believe that I may get the most out of surfing and becoming a part of different practices of worship and edifying the spirit in various ways. I may sometimes want to hear and feel more about the Mormons way as opposed to the christian way of worship. What I am saying is I like to fluctuate back and forth with different ways to communicate with God and Myself and my sister and brothers. Sometimes I like to hear hymns and sometimes I like to just meditate like a Buddhist. What I am saying is I like to get the most out of every practice of worship, whether it is Christian, Morman, Buddhism, Baptist, I find them all interesting...It's a feel to me...

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's a feel???

Yes-- all interesting, but it is also interesting to see which ones you picked.

As far as I know, Mormons and Baptists are both Christian.... some of them also meditate, or pray silently... as in the Old Testament (Jewish) 'recommendation' "Be Still and know...--Psalm 46:10.

1. 60
        ChillyMellposted 4 years ago in reply to this

When I say it is a feel I mean , its according to how I am feeling about  life at the time. I mean sometimes I like a shouting choir and sometimes I like  a Pentecostal way with just silence and a piano with the ball. I will read on that scripture it sounds like something I would like. I posted a new Hub you can check it out under the topic of Poetry. it is called Warrior Of Stone......

1. Diane Inside profile image87
          Diane Insideposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I dont know what Pentecostal church youve been to but the ones I've been to are very charismatic. Not silent much if at all.

2. brotheryochanan profile image59
        brotheryochananposted 4 years ago in reply to this

being still... is not meditation. Meditation biblically is to think about God not to empty our mind, or just relax or picture something we want.

2. Dave Mathews profile image61
      Dave Mathewsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Indeed you are a unique individual my friend. The fact is, all humans are created by God. God desires all of us to see Him, not only as creator but also as Father. Isms aside, God wants you in his life and wants to be a part of your life. God wants to walk with you, talk with you, teach you, help you, provide for you,on and on. All God waits upon, is an invitation from you to enter into your life.

2. 0
    Emile Rposted 4 years ago

Good for you. But, I must warn you they will label you heretic and non Christian. A la carte spirituality is the phrase the fundamentalists have coined for this behavior. The phrase is usually accompanied by an arched eyebrow and a few comments on the fires of hell. smile

3. 60
    ChillyMellposted 4 years ago

I believe Hell was prepared for the Satan  and Satan is still doomed not the people. God says that he loves all his children unconditionally. If you look up the word unconditional it means never changing. I believe God will not turn His back on me.....

1. Pcunix profile image89
      Pcunixposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Which god?  Who says it said that?