Trinity - Scripture vs. Dogma

1. 0
    JaxsonRaineposted 4 years ago

I was wondering, why do people rely on Dogma instead of relying on Scripture?

If I told you that I found the most entertaining movie ever made, would you rather watch it yourself, or listen to a summary I give about it?

If I told you I read the best novel ever written, would you rather read it or have me tell you what it was about?

If I told you that the scriptures say the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are three persons but one being, would you rather listen to me or read about it yourself in the scriptures?

Being 'One'

Christ says that he and the Father are one, but what does that mean? Does it mean one being, or one in purpose?

John 17:20-21
    "I do not ask on behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word ;
    that they may all be one ; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me."

Christ prayed that all who believed in him, and all who believed the words of his disciples, would be one in the Father, as the Father and Christ are one. Clearly, Christ didn't mean we are meant to be one being. In fact, he closes saying 'That they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me.' We are supposed to be one in faith and purpose, not one being.

2. jacharless profile image81
    jacharlessposted 4 years ago

Why do people rely on Scripture when that scripture clearly states on several occasions not to rely on it -or dogma:

"The word is in you, to both hear it, and do it".
    Not in studying a series of stories (nor scientific textbooks) to find the 'answer' to the meaning of Life.

Life is in you and is you -if you read the text accurately.
    Unfortunately, folks still think they are slaves to knowledge be it good/evil or logic/reason.

The Adamic Inception was overturned. Let go of the epistle and become the living epistle. Simple. The Instructor comes immediately to guide you into all truth.
    And, the books that could be written about your experience of Life! Well, let's just say they could not be stored in all the libraries of the world, put together.