Do You Ever Get those "Blah" moments in your walk with Christ?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (15 posts)
  1. RJ68 profile image60
    RJ68posted 12 years ago

Sometimes I cannot pray and I go to sleep with my spirit restless even though I love and trust the Lord.  As much as I always share the good news; there are times when my spirit needs encouragement and for the life of me I look at the Bible and hesitate.

1. mischeviousme profile image61
      mischeviousmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The same thing happens in all disciplines, we sometimes reach a point where we think we are gaining nothing from it. In martial arts circles, it's called a plateau and it can be very discouraging.

1. RJ68 profile image60
        RJ68posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Plateau reminds me of a vast flat hard surface and that is not where I want to me.  I feel I should always be striving in my spiritual life to be the person God has called me to be.

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Do you mean apathy, or boredom, or the feeling of uselessness or what?
      We're human, and yes sometimes there are those moments when any or all of those feelings occur.
      What I've learned to do is to take those times as an opportunity to rest from the spiritual battle that experience tells me will inevitably come back to my door, take it as a kind of "quiet time" of being still and knowing He is God, instead of being discouraged.  And to realize that God will always send encouragement to you at some point, whether by an event or through a person or however.
      There are even times when I'm tempted to not Believe, even, when I see mine and others' humanity so clearly it's hard to see God.   But God keeps reminding me of the Scriptural prayer "Lord, I believe.  Lord, help my unbelief".  And He always does!
        Every Christian walks every day in the middle of that ongoing Spiritual battle.  Take time to rest, because the Lord will always be with you, but never lay your Armor aside, because the devils will always try to make you fall.
      Be encouraged, sister!
      To the One who is able to keep us from falling, thank the Lord for His promise to never leave us or forsake us!

1. vector7 profile image59
        vector7posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Amen, good to see you Brenda.

Thank you for your other kind words the other day, i believe you know which ones i mean.

And as for restlessness.. Goodness. I get tired of looking in the face of demons friend.

It can be hard in such an evil world without physical sight of the Lord.

But I try to remind myself of the rest that is waiting on me the day I see Jesus. smile

I'll pray for you. wink

1. profile image0

You're welcome. Yes I know what you mean and thank you so much too!  It's so good to know there are Believers like you who encourage me and others.  You said it well, about how it's hard when we don't have physical sight of the Lord.  But Faith kicks in, especially as I said when friends encourage us.  I appreciate your prayers immensely!

2. RJ68 profile image60

I think the feeling is more uselessness.  Seems like I am gaining nothing and my spirit is discouraged.  I know that we all go through seasons in our walk with the Lord.  I understand that perfectly.  Yet I feel that the more steps I take toward maturity there is always a step backwards.  I cannot express enough how much I love the Lord and trust him.  But I feel as if I am missing something.  There is something I am not getting.

3. Write Lady profile image60
        Write Ladyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Brenda, I am new here and this is my first forum post. I said a loud AMEN at the end of your post. Even as a pastor's wife I have times when I am weary and need spiritual rest. We should not forget that we are in a spiritual battle, as you said. I liked your suggestion to have quiet time, which is something that is comfortable for some and not for others--though I cherish it. It is in our silence and rest that we can hear the small, still voice of the Lord. Thank you for your insightful post and I look forward to reading more of your work and meeting more people in this forum.
        Blessings to you~WriteLady (Theresa Hamilton)
        A.K.A. "The Accidental Preacher's Wife"

1. profile image0

Write Lady, (Theresa) your post is awesome; thank you and welcome to HubPages!
          Of course I'd love it if you do read my work, and you'll find lots of other people and many Christian hubbers here whose insight and work you'll thoroughly enjoy. 
          "Accidental Preacher's Wife"??  That's a very interesting name right there! I'm gonna check your profile to see if you've said what that means, and if not, I'll have to wait for your hub on it, right? ha.  smile

3. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

When doubt arrives, examine it with your full force of intellect, intuition, and self. Whatever the result, it will be the right one for you.smile

4. Shadesbreath profile image78
      Shadesbreathposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes faith becomes an excuse to not take action to solve problems for ourselves. Prayer, meditation and other forms of focus for the mind and spirit are important, but if you find yourself in a state of blah, frequently pulling your head out of the intangible and setting yourself to the task of identifying key places of dissatisfaction in life is the answer, not yet more prayer.

Pick one of those areas of dissatisfaction to work on first; plot out a plan to improve that item one step at a time; and then get going on achieving step one of that plan. You'll feel better the moment you take action to solve something. Build on that.

We were put on this earth to do more than gaze heavenward. We must DO good things, take physical action to solve our problems, not wait for guidance from outside ourselves. That guidance IS the feeling of blah. That is how you know you are supposed to be DOING something.

2. profile image57
    SanXuaryposted 12 years ago

I think its blah a lot when we are focused on a Earthly problem or ones of free will in someone else and you just know that this is not a issue that God is all that concerned with in our lives but we are at times. Sometimes we just want to serve ourselves and not him and we fail to learn what we need to learn. This does not mean God does not care it often means we are not patient enough for his plan to work or have the ability to see the journey of the other individual that must be taken. Instead of learning poverty we are consumed by getting or seeking money. I accept it knowing this will change after I learn of what I need and understand the injustice of the World. It has motivated me to invest in my children and it has motivated them to prepare themselves at a moment in their lives they need to be most motivated. I use this as one of many examples and a understanding that most problems are human and Earthly issues and the sins of others are holding many sinless people back in life and until God deals with them that is where the problem is and it is not mine. In some instances its nothing more then individuals judging themselves because life includes this as well. The purpose of life is to spiritually mature and reach Heaven to attain salvation. When we stop learning and growing we become blah. Even church and studies reach a point that you stop learning because the application is not in that location in order to serve Gods purpose.

1. RJ68 profile image60

Thank you.  You are right! There is something that I need to learn in this season of poverty.  I know God knows all things and he allows things in this world to be.  God did not create the evil and sins of man we have done that all on our own.  Yet my feeling of uselessness comes from the more I try the more it seems as if it isn't doing any good.  But I am learning to trust him in good and bad times.  I love the Lord with all my heart and soul.  I am not out to convince people of that, it just is.  I will pray for spiritual insight and wisdom as I go through this season of change.  I know God is in control and will work out everything to my good.

3. ananceleste profile image61
    anancelesteposted 12 years ago

Almost every day, that's why I have to work harder to strengthen my faith.

4. A.S.K.Preacher profile image60
    A.S.K.Preacherposted 12 years ago

RJ68 - You are not alone. This is one of the reasons Christians NEED each other, and now so much more as the time approaches. ENDURE till the end. I pray now for you and all others who are having this lapse, just like I do, that the Lord will strengthen and restore you.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)