jump to last post 1-21 of 21 discussions (115 posts)

What exists after death?

1. profile image61
    augustine72posted 5 years ago

I want to start a discussion (not a debate) with Christians. I know I can't avoid others from posting to this thread but my intention is to discuss with Christians.

The topic for discussion is What do you expect to happen to you after your death?

1. LewSethics profile image61
      LewSethicsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Some god will pat everyone on the head and say 'just kidding about the hell thing, haha, just trying to separate the gullible from the acceptable' and all those faithful will say dag because they could have been partying instead of spending their lives tripping out on all those stupid people they thought were going to hell.

2. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am a dedicated "Christian". The only thing I believe will happen is that I will face my creator and give an accounting of the bad and good experiences in my life. God will decide whether or not the good is worthy of a heavenly reward and then I will move on to what ever God has planned for me.

1. Disappearinghead profile image88
        Disappearingheadposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I like your answer Dave. smile

Oblivion for a few hundred years until a resurection? That's what I get from the bible. Then a face to face with God. I hope I have something to say to my credit.

2. nina64 profile image78
        nina64posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Good answer Dave!!!!!

3. profile image61
        augustine72posted 5 years ago in reply to this

This is what many think. But the good or bad that we did does not decide our eternal destiny according to the Bible. So Dave what is your view on this.

4. Shiningstar4u2c profile image60
        Shiningstar4u2cposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Dave, I do not agree with your answer here. The Bible clearly states that God has already judged all men in unbelief. In Christ we are already saved and judged, and our sins have been forgiven. We do not answer for the good or bad, for Christ is our works. We was already judged in Sin at Calvary. Calvary is the great Judgment seat. It was here he set the sheep and goats apart according to our faith, we are eternally righteous, or eternally damned. God Bless!

3. liftandsoar profile image81
      liftandsoarposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think there's a reason the Bible is a bit vague about what to expect.  We'd be pretty hard pressed to understand.  What is clear is that will be like Jesus' glorified body. (I John 3:2) Well, what was Jesus like.  He was recognizable.  He ate.  He also walked though doors and seemed not to be limited by time and space.

Jesus said that in heaven there will be no marriage.  Matt.22:30. That's not a put down on marriage.  Whatever relationships are like in heaven, they will be better than marriage. 

It's hard to imagine a world without sin and corruption 'cause that's what we're used to.  But everything good that you experience from the Lord in this world is a template for something better in the next.

4. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

nothing.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
        Ron Montgomeryposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Not exactly nothing.  You get to be worm food for awhile...that is at least something.

5. profile image62
      RobTaylorposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The body goes back to the earth and the soul or inner (your true individuality) goes to the world outside the material box we are in at present.
      What happens then depends on what you have done with the life in this world that you were given.

1. mischeviousme profile image61
        mischeviousmeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Everything comes from material, everything returns to material. This consciousness that we have, is a representation of the natural universe and they are very much one thing. In this universe, all things occur at once.

2. profile image61

What about heaven and hell then?

6. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Past, present and future are one. Space has no meaning. Everything eventually re-cycles.

7. Pollyannalana profile image79
      Pollyannalanaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The bible says to be absent from this life is to be present with the Lord. Jesus has paid the price for our sins so we will have no judgement on us but only rewards. Those who have done little or for the wrong reasons will have fewer rewards in our ruling with our Savior but salvation is ours. We have already confessed sin and been forgiven. It is the devil's own whose tongue will be loosed to confess every sin and know how many chances they passed up that God put before them to be saved for all of eternity.

Life exists before death, but death is the inevitable result of life. There will always be life after death and life will always lead to death, life is difficult enough to spend it worrying about what comes after.

8. profile image0
      mcals71posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree with SanXuary, and I might add that not all Near Death Experiences (NDE) are positive. I'm following the show on the Biography channel, "I Survived, Beyond and Back" and what I saw so far supports the point I want to make for those who do not believe in the existence of Hell. If you believe in the positive NDEs, you also must believe in the negative ones. Hell does exist; Jesus mentions it more than anyone else in the Bible. If you expect to go to Heaven and don't believe in what the Eternal Word said, beware, because Jesus is the Truth, the Way and the Life. He does not lie. Heaven and earth will pass away, but Jesus' words will never pass away.  If you don't believe in Hell why do you suppose Jesus came into the world? He came to save us. From what? From the ultimate, eternal punishment for our sins, because our sins separate us from God. I believe in life after life, but even NDErs only stood at the threshold of Heaven. St. Paul said eye has never seen and ear has never heard what God has prepared for those who believe.

1. A Troubled Man profile image59
        A Troubled Manposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Television confirms your irrational beliefs.

lol lol <--- coveted double laughie award

2. profile image72
    SanXuaryposted 5 years ago

Your entire life will be reviewed and you will see how your actions effected everyone you met and at the same time they will know how you felt about all this in the course of your life time as well. In the end you will be judged by yourself based on what you learned on Earth and what God expected of you in accordance of his word and the life you faced. Many who thought they were saved will discover they stopped learning long ago. Others who never cared will know how badly they hurt others by their decisions. Still others will be amazed by those who received salvation but lived hard and tragic lives. Much of what we will know are all the things we did not know and we will be able to start a new life in heaven. For the first time we will find peace and love and we will no longer have to worry and we will be healed. Beyond this I have no idea what happens next but I do believe its something we can not imagine and nothing so far described by others. Those with near death experiences describe peace, love, happiness and a vision that allows you to see a brilliance in colours and all life. In fact a blind man was born blind who had such an experience claims it as the only time he ever knew what sight was. I am wondering what it was we knew before we were born and if that is a possibility. Did we choose the obstacles we battle today or was this Gods purpose for us to become something in Heaven? Just as intriguing is to finally know the truth even if the past life on Earth will probably never matter again in Heaven.

1. profile image61

Is this Biblical or have you just thought it up? Because I do not see much support for this in the Bible.

1. Robit shiry profile image60
        Robit shiryposted 5 years ago in reply to this

sadf

2. profile image0

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him" 1 Corinthians 2:9

1. getitrite profile image79
          getitriteposted 5 years ago in reply to this

And He prepared a place for those who don't believe.  What an evil God.

1. profile image0

God loves each one of us more than a mother loves her baby. He doesn't want anyone to go to hell. He sent His only beloved Son to give His Life in exchange for ours. If we cling to the Lord Jesus Christ we will be saved.

If God does not want anyone to go to hell, then the answer is simple, don't send them there.

2. getitrite profile image79

If the mothers of the world were the same as your hateful, murdering God, no one would make it to adulthood.

Then please tell me--WHY did He create hell?

Let's see...He loved his son, but He had him killed, just to save our lives, but still we are doomed to hell unless we deny our common sense, and accept an illogical premise as truth.

You're merely clinging to a delusion...based upon a LIE, reenforced by your fear of the unknown.

1. profile image0

Murder, hate and lies  belong to this world, they are not attributes to be found in God, who is loving and merciful. Hell is a state of separation from God, the source of our being. You only "go there" willingly, not because you want to go to hell, but because you commit infamous actions that they are compelled to hide, because they are contrary to the Light. It's people who hide their deeds from the light that are afraid, and they cope with their fear by convincing themselves that there are no consequences for their actions. That's the true delusion.

1. Pollyannalana profile image79
                  Pollyannalanaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well said.

Yes, well said delusional nonsense.

2. A Troubled Man profile image59

Then, God didn't create this world?

No one goes "willingly" to burn for an eternity. Disbelief is an infamous act? lol

3. getitrite profile image79

Then the bible is a LIE:   
                       The Lord has made everything for his own ends, even the wicked for the evil day.   (Proverbs 16:4 NAB)

Not believing in nonsensical myths is not committing any infamous action.  Your god is just an unfair jerk if he sends us to hell just for having common sense.

What does this statement have to do with your childish beliefs?

4. Disappearinghead profile image88

Why is forgiveness only permitted in this life? Why should God say "Ah well too bad, my love and grace only lasts whilst you are alive. You were expected to believe without any supporting evidence then. But now you are dead and the evidence is before you that enables you to make an informed decision, well it's just too late. Bye bye."?

This is why the bible is pretty clear, that people are judged upon their actions in life, as that's the only fair basis for judgement.

3. A Troubled Man profile image59

Can anyone else see the utterly ridiculous and blatant contradiction here or is it just me?

Yep!  According to this foolishness, if I love my daughter, I should be willing to sacrifice her.  This is pure MADNESS!

3. Robit shiry profile image60
    Robit shiryposted 5 years ago

I think after we die,they don't know what will happen.

Everything will happen as it always does, in one way or another and it happens all of the time.

only it won't be happening to the dead guy, who is dead.

1. Druid Dude profile image60

After death, you are in the other half of reality. Should you awaken in anothern life, it is as if no time has passed at all. There is no sensation. Time and space have no meaning. There is just being.

This makes perfect sense as one experiences this (or rather doesn't) under a general anaesthetic. I imagine that being dead is somewhat similar, hence the bible described it as being asleep.

Sensory deprivation tank.

No tears, no pain, no long lines of loved ones running up...they are there, but not like here.  We, as in matterial beings supply something. Sensation, emotion, life.

4. profile image72

You can come to your own conclusions some things are known. A place for those seeking salvation and a place for those who do not. A book of life and a method that determines if you our in this book. Heaven and a purpose for being their. The first Judgement and the second chance and betrayal. The second Judgement. There are constant references to a better life then here and the victims of this World asking God for justice. Things of the body, mind, heart and soul, life on Earth compared to a life after this place. The purpose has no penalty for attempting belief and no unbeliever should fear a believer. The unbeliever has every reason to fear the World after this place and lives in fear any way.

So you don't want nonbelievers to participate in this forum, yet here you are calling us out with this comment. 

There is no world after this one, so what is there to fear?

1. vector7 profile image61
        vector7posted 5 years ago in reply to this

You don't have a clue.. lol

Please.... if there is no world after this one what are you wasting your time for??? lol

Kindly as I can ask, why aren't you out enjoying what LITTLE time you think is the ONLY time you'll ever have?

Something smells funny..  hmm

Shouldn't your belief of nothing after correlate with your actions?

Why waste your time telling people "there is nothing"?

To attempt to depress them? To collect more "believers" in the "truth of nothingness"?

And people fear not existing, maybe YOU don't fear it, but YOU are not the only person there is.. You're causing fear in young people's hearts for what?  To tell them their lives will end, their work is vain..? really?

I just don't get your reasoning friend...  smile

cool

I fail to see your line of reasoning.

What?  You think I'm not enjoying debating with deluded minds?

That smell is your beliefs.

They do.  Your reasoning is absurd.

To counteract the nonsense that you tell people...that there is some silly fable that is the ultimate truth.

What evidence do you have to dispute the veracity of my stance?  I am proposing nothing...you are proposing a ridiculous reality, without one bit of proof. 

Life is too compelling.  They will go on and live.  It's much better than living a LIE for an entire lifetime.

Expand your mind, and stop fearing life.

lol

imply what you want ding dong....

and you don't debate, you attempt degradation

you people never change

cool

How completely immature. 

See this is the way an arrested deluded mind handles the stresses of the realities of life.

This response is indicative of the psychotic fear indoctrinated into the deluded believer.

You are a fearful individual!  And this childish outburst is merely your way of evading the fact that you have nothing at all to argue your false premise.

Keep calling me fearful.. Yeah, I'm the child..

Let's have a look at the immature shall we:

"   Deluded, psychotic fear, indoctrinated, deluded believer, arrested deluded mind, childish..   "

Setting records for degrading people and applying negative characteristics kind sir. Might want to slow down before you catch a non-Christian that doesn't ACTUALLY care about people and reports you, because THAT I think might be a record little buddy, lol. wink

And you are "evading" my other post. smile

Address it, and then we will see about "false premises"...

Or would you care to just admit you can't explain the facts presented in my post below? big_smile

Maybe "evading" them?

lol I have no fear gentrite friend, it's you who seem worried about me with all those pretenses in the ugly names which you so graciously are trying to apply to me.

cool

But isn't it true that without the fear of death, you would have no need to trick your mind into believing childhood sorcery books?

These words adequately represent your beliefs, and they are certainly not childish.

Nonsense, you have been the one who has violated the forum rules.

Unbelievable.  You have not defended your position at all. 

Have a nice day.  neutral

2. kirstenblog profile image75
              kirstenblogposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Wow, you get a thought out and respectful response and this is how you reply?
              I saw no degradation, only an honest response trying to explain a stance you clearly don't fathom. You respond with an insult.

Now if I pointed out how hypocritical it is for a supposed Christian to respond to a respectful but disagreeing post with an insult is, I might be reported as making a personal attack if it sounded like I was calling you by your actions.

Just, wow, typical I must admit, but rarely shown with such clarity

Please elaborate kind ma'am. smile

I see no such thing, I use ding dong often and am light hearted. He did not mention it, where I would have apologized if it bothered him..

Also, in light of what I've been called by him, I believe your speaking incorrectly of who is being ugly to whom.

Not to mention.. respectful??? Is that a joke?

"That smell is your beliefs." 

cool

1. kirstenblog profile image75

Well your words were more then you claim, you oddly leave off the bit that is a bit more then a childish ding dong sing song. Your words:

"
                  and you don't debate, you attempt degradation

you people never change"

Pretty rude by my standards. What group of people are you referring to? Black people? Jews? Pretty low taste of language you choose to employ. Lacking in any basic semblance of respect.

Well you did have to bring up the issue of smelling, insinuate that someone smells, don't be surprised if they take the chance to suggest it might be you. It's not like you needed to employ such insulting and disrespectful language to say your opinion in the first place.

Now what gets me is that YOU are the one who claims to believe a religion that teaches people to 'turn the other cheek' and yet resort to insulting language when someone disagrees with you. Play the martyr all you want but when you hurl insults, you will get them in return.

On the other hand, the other poster does not claim to be a part of a religion that teaches to treat others with love and respect even in the face of abuse, when he skirts insult he isn't being hypocritical, he isn't claiming a belief that he ten betrays. You on the other hand.... hmm

Then, you shouldn't expect anyone to take you seriously.

2. getitrite profile image79

And throughout our exchange, he never presented anything intelligent, and failed flatly...losing the debate miserably. He snorted back with run on sentences, sentences without grammatical structure, irrelevant nonsense, and outright incoherent babble, along with blatant insults.

His seething anger emerged immediately, and it took all his energy to suppress it.  Some Christians are dangerously angry...and that is alarming!

I noted that! A very sensitive flower it would seem. Good practice trying to find a way to make my point without stooping to his level, insult wise. Nothing like a good challenge tho wink

2. vector7 profile image61

And the laws of physics genius.. there is your proof you flutter away.

the FACT that everything works IN HARMONY... Without a single stitch of help from you or any other being on this planet says more than any post you have ever and will ever place.

not to mention it works FLAWLESSLY every single solitary time, dont start that condescending stuff with me when your the one without a hint of intuition period.

go to a lab and ask them if the chemicals EVER make a mistake when they come in contact with other substances... NO.. consistent, and flawless operation and reaction every time, unlike your conclusion.

now can you ATTEMPT to stop being ugly and hateful?  smile

cool

Really?!

That has nothing at all to do with some imaginary god.  You have merely described the observation of nature.  How elementary to assume anything beyond that.

This sentence lacks a complete thought, unless you are lumping it with the above paragraph...but even if that's the case, the understanding of cause and effect is disturbing.

Yet your invisible god is still completely imaginary.

??????????????????????????

Who contols all that PERFECTLY WORKING STUFF then?

And why are you soooo upset? lol

How do things follow complete order without something behind it?

You really think things just work with no reason at all?? lol

Yet, we have to put effort forth to make the computer your using run smoothly??

Honestly? hmm

cool

What "complete order"?

Well now that is simply not the case. I have never once been harmed by a word, never a tear springs to my eye and my body cries out in pain no matter the vulgarity of the word, its dirty nature nor its offensive intent. I have however been physically harmed by believers, believers most certainly are to be feared for their beliefs motivate their actions. I have been struck by believers, I have had property damaged by believers, I have had 'tricks' played that would result in my physical harm and all because they believed I should turn the other cheek, that they were just trying to 'save my soul' by bullying me into submitting to their religion (with no respect for my own beliefs held at the time). Believers should be feared, do not fool yourself, the stronger the belief the more dangerous the person.

No one is bullying you, you are chasing me around to every post..

goodness.. lol

Bombard someone else as you don't care what I have to say anyway.

Your taking past past frustrations out on me.

I don't know your previous crazed attackers and don't share their methods.. lol

Bring accusations to me when you actually have them, I am an individual, not a group of people.

Now Kindly, stop? smile please? big_smile

cool

So I can't read a forum and point out hypocrisy when I see it without it being 'chasing you around every post'? I am fairly sure you post on forum threads all the time without me posting responses to them. 

Your right, I don't care what you have to say, I do however care how you say it. There are many posts on this thread with bible quotes and other religious emotion that I don't take issue with. Why? Because they are not insulting to anyone and are instead simply honest responses to the question originally asked. They don't claim everyone else is wrong or have anything to do with anyone else actually, they are simply personal beliefs being shared because they were asked for.

Not really. The post you were responding to here had nothing to do with you as an individual and was not aimed at you either. You choose to be a part of a group of people that can and do employ violence to push their religion and beliefs. If this bothers you, choose differently, you are free to choose who to associate yourself with.

You might not share their methods but you share their religious beliefs and frankly my feeling is that I will listen to why your religion is valid when you have cleaned it up, otherwise, keep it to yourself or be prepared to have the hypocrisy of your religion pointed out to you as well as your own personal hypocrisy.

You are not a group of people and do not like being referred to as a group, so why is it OK for you to talk to other people as a group instead of as individuals? Did Jesus not teach something about treating others as you would be treated? You might want to have a look at your comment "you people never change". You were speaking to an individual yet were happy to refer to this individual as a group of 'you people'.

As for my post, my response here that upset you so much, was in response to this idea that a believer need not be feared. This is something I disagree with strongly. It doesn't matter if we are talking about a believer from religion or politics or science, the believer mentality is dangerous, it cannot bend and is frankly blind. No one should ever be given trust simply because of the group they belong to, positions of such trust are tempting to those with bad, selfish, evil intentions. Take the priesthood, it was a long respected and trusted position. What happened? Pedo's were attracted to the automatic trust and access to kids they would get as priests.

Religion is full of hypocrisy and is easily corrupted by those with intentions for wealth or power. I have every right to voice this warning when I see someone trying to hide it, I also have every right to voice a warning against trusting based on claimed beliefs, believers can be and are as dangerous as anyone else.

I'm not reading all that, lol

I'm fairly certain I know the contents anyhow.

Accusations right? wink

Cheer up, and relax little fella smile

cool

To lazy? Or are you scared that you might have to look at yourself and how you conduct yourself as a supposed christian?

Psychic now are we? At lease I gave you the respect of reading your posts and responding to them as respectfully as I am capable. I haven't told you you smell or referred to you as 'you people'.

No, I answered your questions where you could not see in your own posts any disrespectful behavior. I didn't need to accuse, simply quote you where you fail to remember what you yourself actually posted. I guess if having your disrespectful posts quoted back at you is an accusation, they you are going to feel accused. People who cannot look at themselves often feel accused.

Please keep your condescension to yourself, I am no 'little fella'. Or not, and continue to show your true nature to those who bother to read this tread. It's just a forum thread so no skin off my nose if you are unable to behave respectfully.

Leave me alone Ms. Kirsten.

I'm asking nicely, and the OP says nothing about me.

2. knolyourself profile image61
      knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

If there is something I would imagine that it is a surprise.

3. liftandsoar profile image81
      liftandsoarposted 5 years ago

Opinions, opinions, opinions.  I guess tht's what forums are for.  But why should any of you be believed.  Whether the answer is a simple "nothing" or a more esoteric descripton of the afterlife, all I read are personal opinions.  There's got to be some data from outside our own distorted and disfunctional thought processes.  Otherwise everthing is vain under the sun.

4. AEvans profile image70
      AEvansposted 5 years ago

Daniel 12: 1-4 Many that sleep in the dust shall awake to everlasting life.

Our spirit exists in the afterlife and our bodies return to dust. Our bodies are not meant to die, but because of sin we return to where we began. It is rather complex and it all depends on if you believe in the word, or if you do not. smile

Well said!

I must say, THAT, is refreshing. smile

cool

2. nina64 profile image78
        nina64posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I love your answer!!!!!! You are so right!! Thanks for including a scripture that I can refer back to. I guess that's why I wrote the hub about my fears of death. Your response helps to ease my fears.

5. mischeviousme profile image61
      mischeviousmeposted 5 years ago

Everything that existed before will continue to exist, only the dead can say for sure.

and they're not talking.

2. vector7 profile image61

nde

near death, dying and coming back..

people just refuse to believe them, lol

they say it all the time, tons of them smile

cool

6. profile image72

The question is what exists after death from a Christian view point and still some nasty pig non-believer thinks he has an agenda to steal the topic and twist into a debate. We do not care what his worthless opinion is. Go discuss your non-belief somewhere else, you have a whole world to choose from. The best part is the fact that when your worthless butt dies you our going to hell. You are going to burn in hell and I hope I am the one who pushes you in. I probably will not be that lucky because there will be a whole line ahead of me waiting for that opportunity. So non-believer why don't you give us your opinion on God, I want to make sure he hears what you have to say so he can remind you later.

Wow, what a wonderful example of good Christian values, Jesus would be so proud roll

1. profile image0
          jomineposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Looks like Jesus will have to die one more time, if that is the rate the Christians are loving and turning the other cheek.

So, it I accept Jesus, I'll become just like you?

Where do I sign up?

lol

You want to stand in line to throw people into the eternal hellfires of damnation? Actually, putting it like that, I can see where your coming from. Looking at it that way, it could be fun. You suppose there will be competitions? Like who can throw the damned farthest into the hellfires? Or can you trow them over the fires so they get a false hope they might escape being damned only to fall in anyway, giving everyone 'blessed' a good laugh? Maybe it's like midget tossing in the bars.

lol

Chances are, it would be the same people doing the tossing in both cases tongue

3. profile image0
        jomineposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hear, this is how one should love his neighbour as oneself!
        If these are the people who goes to heaven, hell is any day better.

4. Disappearinghead profile image88

roll

5. getitrite profile image79

Wow! Another insulting, angry Christian hurling delusional childish threats.

Funny!

6. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You might be well advised to seek help for that hatred you have going. That can't be healthy.

7. profile image61

I did post my question to Christians and and I also mentioned that I would not be able to keep others away. But your response is just not Christian.

You would not be surprised if I find you in Hell. Your language and choice of words are pathetic. If this is how you choose to speak please do not post in any christian discussion. Also please don't call yourself a Christian.

Do you suppose you will not have to give an account all useless words you have used? I am totally disappointed with you.

7. profile image72

A contest that is an awesome idea but actually it might be like a second funeral or burying nuclear waste. By describing what might happen after you die as an unbeliever I found a way to keep you on subject. You assume that believers are some happy go lucky victims asking you to hit them again. That they do not wait for vengeance and Gods permission to finally destroy their enemies. In my life time there has been plenty to hate and plenty to simply know as evil. It will not go unpunished in the next World and you will be reminded.

lol God is good. lol

8. profile image72

Their is the parable where the man who never believed but dies and finds himself in front of God just like he was told it would happen. Realizing that what he has been told is now the truth he pretends he believed all along but God tells him I do not know who you are. A certain aspect of the believer is knowing he might be wrong in dealing with others and the other is knowing that others have to wrestle with God and their own issues, this is where compassion exist. Then there is just evil and it must be condemned. Turning the other cheek does not mean we accept anything. It means we are allowing you to judge yourself and it is an act of defiance. It means we maintain our faith in God knowing that God will defend us later and that our time on Earth is short and temporary and killing us here is only a faster way to go home.

9. calpol25 profile image78
      calpol25posted 5 years ago

I think that when we die, we will have a chat with some one like a mentor about what we have done and our experiences, I believe that if we have done bad then we are sent down into another life that will be a lot harder than the one before in order to do good and learn from it. If we do good, then we will be sent down into another body to continue to do good. I believe that heaven and hell is merely where we are placed in life in order to learn from the good or bad we have done in a previous life. Just my thoughts smile

10. profile image72

Perhaps that is why we are in this place now. I compare this life here not to be much different then hell. A life of constant hopes and lies and betrayals. Every step forward is ash in our mouths and unsatisfying.

1. calpol25 profile image78
        calpol25posted 5 years ago in reply to this

It makes a lot of sense, plus we still learn from it all at the same time dont we? smile

2. recommend1 profile image71
        recommend1posted 5 years ago in reply to this

That is the view of life engenderd by christianity, indoctrinated by christianity.  This is why those who think it is their life work to spread their desease are such miserable poisonous specimens of humanity behind a false face.  The many that I have met in my long travels are typically racked with uncertainties, bigoted and poisonous individuals. There are a very few outstanding individuals but these seem always to be searching for some 'higher' level of understanding as much as trying to spread their own beliefs.

This same model underlies the way in which 'christian' communities work - they make everybody's life a damn misery then offer little pleasantries of normal life as though they are 'giving' something special.  This pain and pleasure cycle is miserable and self defeating, on a personal and national level.  So change your religion and change your government and try to realise that this world is a wonderful place that should be cherished and enjoyed.

1. profile image61

recommend1

It is very sad that there are many false Christians and it is also sad that most of the ones you met were false Christians. A Christian is one who follows Jesus Christ. Jesus never made anyone's life miserable. On the contrary he took peoples misery away from them.

Christianity has not taken away any pleasures from life. But it has restricted wrong pleasures of life. All it restricts is wrongs. So all who wants wrongs and filth in life and consider them enjoyment will certainly dislike Christianity.

Our discussion topic however is what happens after death.

1. recommend1 profile image71

Most of the so-called christians I have met follow the false doctrines of paul, as you seem to.

The preposterous idea  that people are so important that the spark of life must live on after death is the key sales pitch of most religions - so totally relevant to the thread.

1. profile image61

False doctrine of Paul!! That explains why you are the way you are. Like I said please do not call yourself a Christian.

I don't think that I have ever claimed to be a christian.

Following a false disciple and his  writings that lead you away from the message of the christ (whether an actual person or a story character is not relevant it is the same end result) makes you a paul-ian not a christian.

You are up the wrong creek with the wrong paddle old chap.

Here here! Life is what we make it. Beauty is everywhere. When a single smile lights up your day like the sun lights up the sky, well you could be forgiven for thinking that this here is heaven on earth. Life is too short for making yourself miserable with worry over what might happen next (in life or after).

I have always wondered about this God character, what if on this day of judgment for every one God were to ask of a person who claims that life is hell, why were you so miserable in the world I created for you? Would it not be highest of all insults to ignore the beauty of the sunrise, a delicate butterfly wing, a warm and calm summers day or a soft new snow on a winters morning to the one who is creator of all this? To have ignored the good, to have focused on the bad and to have lived on a promise for some heaven to come after, and to have all of this in ones heart on the supposed day of judgment. Seems to me that the judging has already been done and not on Gods part.

I don't believe in this christian God or the Gods of the other religions either but if I were to be wrong, I wouldn't pretend to have believed. I would say something like 'well I'll be damned, I was wrong! First time thats ever happened' (well I gotta make the ego joke ya know! lol)
          Then I would probably stall for time thinking of all the beautiful little things I appreciated in life, ya know, givin props for all the cool stuff in the world. Hopefully this would achieve two things, to give God a chuckle (come on, that never been wrong before joke is brilliant! God would have to laugh at that one right?) and it would give God a break from all the whiners complaining about how hard life was and how no one agreed with them and blah blah blah. I might still be damned but what the hell, at least I can be funny and good company. tongue

11. phillippeengel profile image69
      phillippeengelposted 5 years ago

Life after death is really an umbrella topic.

There are a gamut of interpretations of afterlife. Some of them are intimidating, while some of them are perplexing.

The Eastern way of interpreting afterlife differs greatly from the Western way, and each and every religion in the world have conflicting ideas.

That is to say, there are way too many proposed afterlives, and theoretically, there might be different realms of afterlife one can choose from when he is dead, which I don't know how.

12. Brie Hoffman profile image80
      Brie Hoffmanposted 5 years ago

Isa 57:1  The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come.
      Isa 57:2  He shall enter into peace: they shall rest in their beds, each one walking in his uprightness.
      Isa 57:3  But draw near hither, ye sons of the sorceress, the seed of the adulterer and the whore.
      Isa 57:4  Against whom do ye sport yourselves? against whom make ye a wide mouth, and draw out the tongue? are ye not children of transgression, a seed of falsehood,
      Isa 57:5  Enflaming yourselves with idols under every green tree, slaying the children in the valleys under the clifts of the rocks?
      Isa 57:6  Among the smooth stones of the stream is thy portion; they, they are thy lot: even to them hast thou poured a drink offering, thou hast offered a meat offering. Should I receive comfort in these?
      Isa 57:7  Upon a lofty and high mountain hast thou set thy bed: even thither wentest thou up to offer sacrifice.
      Isa 57:8  Behind the doors also and the posts hast thou set up thy remembrance: for thou hast discovered thyself to another than me, and art gone up; thou hast enlarged thy bed, and made thee a covenant with them; thou lovedst their bed where thou sawest it.
      Isa 57:9  And thou wentest to the king with ointment, and didst increase thy perfumes, and didst send thy messengers far off, and didst debase thyself even unto hell.
      Isa 57:10  Thou art wearied in the greatness of thy way; yet saidst thou not, There is no hope: thou hast found the life of thine hand; therefore thou wast not grieved.
      Isa 57:11  And of whom hast thou been afraid or feared, that thou hast lied, and hast not remembered me, nor laid it to thy heart? have not I held my peace even of old, and thou fearest me not?
      Isa 57:12  I will declare thy righteousness, and thy works; for they shall not profit thee.
      Isa 57:13  When thou criest, let thy companies deliver thee; but the wind shall carry them all away; vanity shall take them: but he that putteth his trust in me shall possess the land, and shall inherit my holy mountain;
      Isa 57:14  And shall say, Cast ye up, cast ye up, prepare the way, take up the stumblingblock out of the way of my people.
      Isa 57:15  For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.
      Isa 57:16  For I will not contend for ever, neither will I be always wroth: for the spirit should fail before me, and the souls which I have made.
      Isa 57:17  For the iniquity of his covetousness was I wroth, and smote him: I hid me, and was wroth, and he went on frowardly in the way of his heart.
      Isa 57:18  I have seen his ways, and will heal him: I will lead him also, and restore comforts unto him and to his mourners.
      Isa 57:19  I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith the LORD; and I will heal him.
      Isa 57:20  But the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt.
      Isa 57:21  There is no peace, saith my God, to the wicked.

cut and paste loads of trivia is not on topic and could be seen as thread hijacking I think ?

nope, thats the word of God.

smile

13. vector7 profile image61
      vector7posted 5 years ago

As any Christian, I make mistakes.

Those who have been on the receiving end of anything I said in harsh words, picking or otherwise, this is an apology.

Jesus Christ would NOT have me be ugly in any manner, and I don't wish for anyone here to think that anything I said which was ugly was Christian in any way.

Anyone saying anything that isn't kind, Biblically correct, and in a loving manner (unless they are preventing a murder that is) is NOT  Christ like.

Christ Jesus loves you all. And I will be doing everything I can to show His love and kindness to everyone from here on.

I am human, and life is a learning process. This is the apology for the things I may have done or said.

And I hope I have not lead anyone farther from Christ Jesus in doing or saying those things...

Because that is certainly not who Jesus is, nor what He teaches.

Christ Jesus is the Son of God, and He is Love.

God bless.

-V

14. Jerami profile image77
      Jeramiposted 5 years ago

I am not sure?  But I think people were using the term Paulinist/Paulican in the first century? ..  I think I read that ... seems like a hundred years ago.

15. teacherjoe52 profile image56
      teacherjoe52posted 5 years ago

I believe we will go to sleep until the day at the end of the seven scrolls. Then we will betaken into Heaven to be with our loving Jesus.
      Please read Revelation 7:9-17.Not verse 14. In the Bible when the Lord says you will come out of it means He will protect and deliver you from the calamity that is going to happen. Read about Lot coming out of Sondom as a referance.

As a side note, I do believe we are in the sixth seal now.

16. Shiningstar4u2c profile image60
      Shiningstar4u2cposted 5 years ago

Well I believe the Life after death is actually a life we have right now. I believe where you are going to be you already are. Some are in heaven and from the Kingdom of God within comes Jesus Christ to the world. Some are already of Satan and Hell is within them and when they open their mouths of filth and carnality Satan comes to the world and they are the gates to hell and the saints are the Gates to heaven. I believe death is the crown of life in that you it just manifest what you have already become by the decisions you have made in life. Words like Predestination and Foreknowledge come to mind. I do believe in Life after death, but I see death more as a crossing from one dimension to another, from a temporary one to an eternal one. This life is like a Boot camp and you make decisions based upon what you are confronted with and in doing so, decide your eternal destiny.

Death is the sweet release from the suffering of life, which can be construde as entering heaven from hell. In death, there is no suffering.

Is that a correction friend, or just your view?

smile

Death can be a kindness, after the pains of life.

Everyone should consider the BAD near death experiences as well.

Can everyone this happens to be a liar?

Seems to me that would be kind of a phenomenon they all lied the same way.. all of them....

smile

There's a drug produced by the brain and can be found everywhere else in nature, it's called DMT(the death molecule). DMT is released shortly before death and results in vivid, sometimes intense hallucinations.

Yes, lol, I've been down this road before. The question was rhetorical. wink

I know about your research, but the facts with that theory still leave dead ends..

Like why they can recall things from other physical areas where their bodies were never present, and things which happened while they were declared deceased. Like telling a nurse, with plenty of factual details, where she put your dentures while you were in a severely deep coma, your body is turning deep blue, and there are 10 doctors staring down at you and going over your stats while wheeling you down the hall to ER.

You can go down the "explain away" road if you like, but unless you claim and think the people who encounter it in person are stupid or hallucinating as well, being the eye witnesses who verify it all.. then you need a new alibi..

Everything isn't made up just because you can't believe it friend.

I've been doing this a very, very long time....

smile

I take it You've never had a dream...
                    I can recall almost any sensation, sight and sound I have in my dreams and their always vividly realistic. Dreams are a chemical response to sleeping and the chemicals are strikingly similar to DMT.
                    http://youtu.be/EYOX-FpmzgM

17. Rain Defence profile image97
      Rain Defenceposted 5 years ago

Remember what life was like before you were born? That's what it's like when you're dead.

18. profile image61
      augustine72posted 5 years ago

I intended this questions only for christians. But you people have hijacked it. If you want to discuss your skeptical stuff I have a blog for you. Why don't you discuss with me. Here is the link.

http://answeringskeptics.wordpress.com/

Stop.... You posted in an open forum, you invited it by that right alone.

working