jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (13 posts)

Read Hebrews 3:7-15

1. RJ68 profile image60
    RJ68posted 5 years ago

Will God turn from you in your disbelief and continued disobedience? Or is God so loving He is waiting for our return to him despite ourselves.  A long of people have turned away from God and have no desire to seek him ever.

1. A Troubled Man profile image60
      A Troubled Manposted 5 years ago in reply to this

10 That is why I was angry with that generation;
         I said, ‘Their hearts are always going astray,
         and they have not known my ways.’
      11 So I declared on oath in my anger,
         ‘They shall never enter my rest.’

Your God has too many anger issues. Perhaps, he should get some anger management therapy?

1. vector7 profile image59
        vector7posted 5 years ago in reply to this

You have persecution issues.

Cheer up ol' chap, None here are ill towards you. smile

We are a loving kind folk.

cool

1. A Troubled Man profile image60

lol

2. Dave Mathews profile image62
      Dave Mathewsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Every person who would turn away from the truth, of God and of Jesus after learning that the truth is the truth of God, that person has "Sinned against the Holy Spirit".

1. Eunice Stuhlhofer profile image60
        Eunice Stuhlhoferposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Does that refer to a backslider? The bible says the only unforgivable sin is one against the holy spirit. Now what if that person repents and returns to God? does he receive absolution of his sin? Please help

2. RJ68 profile image60
    RJ68posted 5 years ago

Yet from the tone of your answer - you seem to be the angry one. lol With all readings you have to put things in context....if you were a father with children that continued disobeyed you...wouldnt that anger you.  Not that you would love them any less.

Something to think about perhaps!  Regardless I still serve a loving God who is my heavenly Father who is full of grace and mercy smile

1. MelissaBarrett profile image59
      MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My children's disobedience has never angered me.  The goal of parenting is not to control but to teach.  I don't get angry with my kids for not understanding  multiplication either.

2. A Troubled Man profile image60

Wow, what an amazingly childish response with not a drop of honesty. You can tell my tone? And, that it's an angry tone?

Hilarious, YOU are the one who started a thread on disbelief and tossed in a source to a quote in the Bible where God makes a declaration about disbelief entirely based on HIS ANGER.

lol lol

But, I'm not a megalomaniac despot like your God who would treat his children with the same petty and vain contemptuous hatred we see in that verse.

Yes, I can see that and can see who taught you your morals and ethics, too.

1. vector7 profile image59
        vector7posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Your morals are showing true in every single post. big_smile

Be nice will ya buddy?

cool

3. getitrite profile image81
      getitriteposted 5 years ago in reply to this

But would you let the anger control you to the point that you totally drowned all your children?  Would you do that? Huh?!

Yet He would drown you, or send you to hell, or send you into slavery, or demand that you marry your rapist...

You REALLY need to go read your bible, because you have no idea what an evil monster this LOVING god is!

1. profile image0
        jomineposted 5 years ago in reply to this

With a god like that, who needs a devil?
        Thinking about it, that guy has done less atrocities, he is almost..divine!

1. Druid Dude profile image60
          Druid Dudeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

God/Satan/Man. Gods got all the time in the universe.

working