jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Lds, the only true church.

1. profile image60
    passingthewordposted 5 years ago

And he said unto me: Behold there are save two churches only; the one is the church of the Lamb of God, and the other is the church of the devil; wherefore, whoso belongeth not to the church of the Lamb of God belongeth to that great church, which is the mother of abominations; and she is the whore of all the earth. And it came to pass that I looked and beheld the whore of all the earth, and she sat upon many waters; and she had dominion over all the earth, among all nations, kindreds, tongues, and people. 1 Nephi 14:10-11

1. mischeviousme profile image60
      mischeviousmeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Psychosis, the only true insanity...

To any believer, their place is the place to be.

2. Greek One profile image79
      Greek Oneposted 5 years ago in reply to this

"...looked and beheld the whore of all the earth"

You mean Snooki?

Are you a fan of LDS or of LSD?

1. mischeviousme profile image60
        mischeviousmeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I was a member of the church of LSD... wait.. what were talking about again? whoa! A kitty in pajamas!

3. AEvans profile image70
      AEvansposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Revelation 22:18-19 For I testify to every man that hear the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book;
      And if any man should take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away a part of the book of his life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

With no disrespect to the Mormon religion, please tell me why the Mormon church added additional scriptures after the Holy Bible was written. In the book of Revelations, it is written that nobody shall add nor remove from? If you read history the Latter Day Saints were not established until 1830. Now I understand he was supposed to be a prophet, however why did he add to the 'Holy Bible?"

1. profile image0
        JaxsonRaineposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Revelation isn't talking about adding to or taking away from the Bible. It is talking about adding to or taking away from Revelation(the words of the book of this prophecy). Remember, it wasn't written as the last book in the Bible, the Bible didn't exist at the time. It wasn't until after that the books were gathered together into a collection.

1. profile image60
          passingthewordposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Joseph Smith definatly added to the Bible. JST Genesis 50:24–38
          In the In everyother bible Genesis ends at 50:26.
          Joseph Smith added to the Bible. He did what God told everyone not to do. DON'T ADD TO MY WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. tobey100 profile image59
    tobey100posted 5 years ago

You forgot, Romney, the only true candidate.  Seriously, a religion whose leader received messages from God via a stone in his hat and strangely, he never let anyone else read the messages.  Wanted another wife, God told him to go for it.  No thanks.  I'll stick to being a reformed Druid.  We get to worship gravel and bushes instead of monoliths and trees.

1. profile image60
      passingthewordposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Very funny

working