jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

The fear of being wrong...

1. mischeviousme profile image60
    mischeviousmeposted 4 years ago

We try to prove our point, using information we see as right. But if someone calls us out, we revert to that of a child, tit for tat begrudgery. Is it really so importatnt that we be right or can we just discuss it and walk away with our own conclusions? We battle, first in amost verbose manner, then we resort to that of the animal, as if being wrong will kill us. Must we really be that defensive?

1. gregas profile image76
      gregasposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You are describing politicians to a "T". Greg

mischeviousmeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

lol Good one...

2. Disturbia profile image61
      Disturbiaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't do any of that.  I offer my opinion and that's all.  I don't ever feel that I have to prove anything to anyone.  I never try to convince anyone that I am right or try to change anyone's point of view.  I am not afraid to be wrong in the opinion of someone else, because I know in my heart what is right for me, and that doesn't have to be right for anyone else.  I try to respect  the differences and opinions of others also.  I get very frustrated by all the bickering and disrespect I often see in the religious and political forums.  I say live and let live. It's a waste of time and energy to get defensive and agressive with others because they disagree.  Unfortunately, some people would rather be "right" than happy, and others are only happy when they are fighting or making others miserable.  So, to each his own.

If one has ever had an argument, it was for the need to be right. To come to a middle ground, seems near impossible. Though there are open minded people, there are still issues of right and wrong and their all subjective.

2. Randy Godwin profile image94
    Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago

I don't know.  I'm never wrong, so I can't really address this issue. roll

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

lol

2. couturepopcafe profile image61
      couturepopcafeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Randy - like your new snake image.

working