Do Christians still exist today?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (47 posts)
  1. Esenbee profile image69
    Esenbeeposted 12 years ago

Due to the ever changing moral values and ideals of society, are there still people in this world who choose to live a Godly lifestyle?

1. vector7 profile image61
      vector7posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I do my best.

I'm jobless right now because I chose God over money.

I'm not perfect by no means. But I love God and Christ Jesus and I try.

Esenbeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Atleast you're trying to live right. You're making the effort to go against what is "socially right" to try to find a real truth. How are u jobless because of your decision? Were you working in ministry?

No, I was working for a leading insurance company. THE leading company that is. I was an adjuster.

I appraised damage done to home owner property and assessed whether the company was to pay or not.

I finally couldn't watch the needy go without while the rich whisper and plot.

The rich pay for theives to come make sure the roof meets replacement standard by damaging it to look storm induced. I knew when they done it, rather than it being from storm damage. But I could not prove it and by company policy I had to sign off for them to write the check.

Yet the people who deserve roofs and who are poor and needed one and had storm related damage, were denied, because 'by company policy' by a hair here, or a scratch there, little nit picky details in the policy - I could not sign off to pay for their roof.

I watch people I went to eat with demean the poor while sitting on patios and stuffing their face with overpriced food.

Listen to them talk about how they denied a man's roof because he was black or hispanic. Or denied it because they "weren't respectful to the people who have the power". The home owner didn't brown nose them in other words.

I've seen and heard and been involved with such people, you wouldn't believe everything I told you. I can't live like them, or socialize with them, or be near them.

They waste money, mock the poor, and take from anyone they can. They will stab you in the back over nothing in a second flat.

And I'm not judging. I am stating facts. Things I have witnessed and even been talked into helping with.

That is why I am jobless. Because I had a job that paid a ton, and had rich associates and I was disgusted until I couldn't take it anymore. It will change you and currupt you being in that mess.

I know evil. And the things those men done and still do are evil.

I HATE evil in every way and I LOVE good and people.

I love God because I know Him, and He is good.

I refuse to turn back for the money - I'd rather starve to death myself.

I am willing to work, but not in that manner. And have found nothing available in the ministry yet. But am working on it.

smile

1. A Troubled Man profile image59
            A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol Contradict much?

God bless you.

I like to see people happy.

Even if it's at my expense.

Cheers.

smile

2. Eric Newland profile image60
              Eric Newlandposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Just out of curiosity, how many people have given up their faith and become atheists thanks to your indefatigable commitment to bring enlightenment to the world, crossing all possible boundaries of birth and creed to highlight the qualities that make us all uniquely human, and nurturing a spirit of mutual respect and understanding with your eloquent and gentle words?

I mean, if you don't have your all time figures handy you can give me a ballpark weekly average, say rounded to the nearest hundred.

lol That's rich.

And, how am I supposed to know that, pray tell?

2. Esenbee profile image69

I'm sorry you had to go through that Vector7 but I'm happy to hear that you didn't like to see customers treated dishonestly.

3. profile image0
            Deborah Sextonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm, I know some adjusters and your story sounds rather strange.

2. profile image0

Well, Gee

Matthew 5:48
        Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Matthew 19:21
        Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

3. profile image0

No one else but you?

2. A Troubled Man profile image59

"Godly lifestyles" have nothing to do with moral values. Morals are changing for the betterment of mankind while godly lifestyles remain fixated on selfishly worshiping invisible sky daddies.

1. profile image52
        Wolftone Wesleyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sorry troubled man Godly lifestyles have everything to do ones morality, if you ever cared to ask any christians face to face most if not all would tell you that after salvation and Bible knowledge their concience and morals changed massively through conversion. Point 2# please tell me troubled man if your so sure morals have absolutly nothing to do with sky daddies(your phrase), can you please tell me that without a creator how can either a concience or morals evolve its not possible without a spiritual awakining even richard dawkins cannot concusivly argue prove where the human concience which in turn dictates ones morals, the same way as he cant explain where matter first came into being. there is a daddy troubled man and He loves you, im from the south of Ireland and i was on Heroin and living on the streets I had hebatitus B and C AND 7 STONE WEIGHT, life ment nothing and i hated God, i truly believed that it was his fault that i was who i was, one day a man gave me a flyer and told me about Jesus and said that they were having a healing service, I still dont know why i went but it changed my life forever, i got prayer and i was delivered from hep c that night, then two months later i went to st jameses hosp and they told me that there was a full reversal on my hep b, the doctor told me it was a fluke of nature impossible, i told him that it was Jesus, troubled man i cant judge you and never will but brother he's a prayer away. this may sound harsh but its fine if you dont believe me as its your perogotive, though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death He is with us , his rod and staf to guid us, Godbless man

Sorry, but Christianity doesn't teach morals nor do Christians exhibit any morals, face to face, or otherwise.

Do you know anything about evolution? Like everything else, morals evolved as survival mechanisms, we see it in ourselves and other species.

Complete nonsense.

Yes, I'm sure that's what you want to believe along with our other irrational beliefs.

I doubt that.

lol Great story, but the ending is laughable.

Gibberish.

In response to a Troubled man, you're right...social morals have nothing to do with Christianity but God does have Godly Morals that are required in a Christian's lifestyle. My question is directed to ALL things of God, not society. Society speaks for itself and God and His creation speaks for itself. Man created society...and we all see how messed up it is.

Yes, and to clarify, men who have been religiously indoctrinated for centuries created our societies. Well spotted.

Exactly...religion created a lot of crap in the world. Religion has nothing to do with God. Man created that and we are all suffering from it in one way or another.

Except for the fact that religion IS a belief in God, by definition.

And yet, you still follow religion despite that fact. Contradict much?

I'm not religious at all. I follow Jesus Christ. Jesus didn't live religiously...he lived and he lived righteously. Again, Man created religion and everything that it consists of...including it's definition.

3. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Definitely Christianity is alive and well. I am proof of it.

Awesome!

4. feenix profile image56
      feenixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am a Christian, but I do not live a "godly lifestyle."

In fact, I would never be so bold as to believe, or to tell anyone, that I live a "godly lifestyle."

If I ever did that, that would be quite "unChristian" of me, because I would not be demonstrating any humility at all.

Honest answer.

5. lctodd1947 profile image79
      lctodd1947posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, there are people who try very hard to live a Godly lifestyle.  It does not mean that one is trying to be perfect, we can only strive; but it means that one is trying to live a mindful life of dedication to God's word and instructions.  It is important to know how to love thy neighbor as thyself and not take advantage of others in any way.  A person should try to avoid hurting others, becoming self indulged and being full of pride.  Please do not kid yourself that there are not consequencies for bad behavior, and it doesn't matter what other do; it matter what you do and how you do it.  You only have to look for for yourself when it come to salvation. Care about others, but your salvation is between you and the Father.

2. GingerBell profile image61
    GingerBellposted 12 years ago

That's a question I've asked for years and never met one person who was true to their word when they claimed the did live a Godly lifestyle. I still hold on to the Godly values I was taught so I guess I can raise my hand up and say...
    ME! ME! MMEEE! MMEE! I DO! big_smile big_smile big_smile

lol, that's very good and I'm glad you're continuing to hold on to your values. So far, I have kept mine. I have messed up a lot of times, but that will not stop me from making righteous decisions and to continue to be a better person. Keep up living the Godly lifestyle!

3. AfricaResource profile image61
    AfricaResourceposted 12 years ago

Of course there are, i know thousands of Christians, a lot of which have had their lives completely transformed because of God and religion, a lot of whom were in very dark places before they met Jesus. Christianity is alive and well!

Thank you...glad to hear that!

4. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 12 years ago

The beautiful aspect of christianity is that people are works in progress. Christianity because of its depth and richness and ever learning and changeableness lifestyle can take a lifetime to accomplish, with the added bonus of that person getting better and more godly all the time.

Not all christians are theologians nor pastors nor anything extraordinary (until the time - like ananias:
    Acts 9:10   And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord.  - who never being mentioned before and not after, said, "I am here, Lord.")

Christians exist today in all stages of their growth, like beautiful pupa - the ever changing butterfly. Some will grow to maturity while others will fall behind stumbling over some thing, but, nonetheless, they are of the Lord until that time they earnestly become troubled men and rage against the God on high - these cannot be brought to repentance until they change their attitude.
    But christianity transforms lives, liberates women who are not liberated, gives confidence and eternal life to all who seek after Him in whatever state of evolution they are at.
    to the race! Christians!

lol <--- earnestly raging against "God on high" (God on drugs?)

Of course, Christians keep making the critical error that nonbelievers are laughing at their God as opposed to their irrational beliefs.

brotheryochanan...true. A troubled Man, there are some Christians that seem to have irrational beliefs, but the truth is if you want to find and know God, you have to seek him for yourself. If you can't seem to meet a Christian with consistent beliefs or lifestyles, take it upon yourself and do it. I've learned that myself.

That is an irrational belief.

5. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image80
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

This man Feenix has it right.  I grew up around people forever trying to play a game...a game that they all lost.  They were forever trying to act "Christian."  There is no "acting Christian," - you can't pose, the whole point of Christianity is that people make a ton of mistakes, and most make several daily.

I damned sure make a million mistakes, hurt people's feelings, hurt myself, neglect things that I should be learning or paying attention to...you name it!  I'm a total fuck up.

But guess what?  None of that matters - it's all taken care of so long as I'm willing to admit and say that I'm not perfect, and that I'm also willing to try to turn away from what's truly hurting me or others in my actions, and accept that I can be right with the universe through my understanding of the meaning of the life of Christ.

Oh it's a complicated subject, and perhaps I've not stated things well.  I'm not worried.  It's not something that can well be explained.  One must overcome their own pride, there's someone knocking on the door.

I agree wit you man. Recognizing that you are wrong is the first step in becoming a better Christian and ultimately becoming perfect or Christ-like.

2. profile image0

Oh, you THINK you can do what you want, even hurt people as long as you are trying?

My brother Paul

It doesn't sound like you're trying too hard.

6. Woman Of Courage profile image60
    Woman Of Courageposted 12 years ago

I try to live a Godly lifestyle to the best of my ability by serving him and not the devil. The holy spirit that dwells inside of me helps a great deal. Praise the Lord!

Amen.

He certainly does.

smile

Very Good

7. profile image52
    Wolftone Wesleyposted 12 years ago

Itis my firm belief that there is no point in conversing with people like troubled man or anyone else who slates and vilifies people who have experienced Jesus in one way or another. christianity will always be a punch bag for bitter people who use Jesus as a punch bag to substitute their own frustrations and unhappiness.. all we as men and women of God is to pray for those who dispitfully use and abuse our faith. James 4-8

lol, and I agree with you.

2. A Troubled Man profile image59

lol Yes, firm beliefs. Christianity is not a punching bag, although there are much better metaphors using the word "bag" that would be more accurate.

1. profile image52
        Wolftone Wesleyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good morning troubled, man, (ironic discriprion). most individuals on this hub are just expressing their honest heart felt stories of their faith or no faith in christ as it may be, but you on the other hand constantly slate for life style, which in my belief at this moment because of the hate you have of Gods people, you  should go and find another forum to get sick on. on a previous post you, after insulting me refered to morality as a survival mechanism developed over time (what planet are you from) you dont have a clue, which of these monkeys (evolution) suddenly developed morality out of thin air, as i have a phd in theology (not bad going for an ex junkie) i love a constructive debate on most issues, but sadly for you mate your just a venimous lost soul who lashes out at people that he believes to be weaker then him in order to make himself feel better, your not talking to a nice well rared christian who wont reply to you for fear of offending you but as for me im sick to the teeth of your constant attacks and puke, go home take of those sunglasses and see the light because if you dont your doomed and you have only yourself to blame , you ignorant self centered bully. grow up and goodbye

I have observed very little honesty in that regard, quite the contrary, in fact.

lol Yes, I understand you believe I hate people, which is just dishonesty on your part.

I feel just fine, thanks.

Please show me where I insulted you personally.

lol Yet another believer who has never taken the time to understand evolution.

Gee, that must be useful, for what I have no idea.  lol

If you insist. lol

lol DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!! lol

8. profile image49
    Urhobogirlposted 12 years ago

It is very rare to find Godly people, even i myself decided to live in the Godly lifestyle is ia life style full of temptations

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)