jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (22 posts)

would decline of christianity become curse for human beings?

1. pisean282311 profile image59
    pisean282311posted 5 years ago

Christianity seems to be seeing downfall across the globe barring under developed countries ...while many are coming out of Christianity and becoming atheist or agonist or even non religious spiritual being , many are replacing Christianity with other faiths and at times those are more closed minded faith than christanity....if christanity gets replaced for such faith , we would be worse than what we are right now...so what do u think ?...decline of christianity would become curse for human beings?

1. profile image0
      Chasukposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If Christianity declines and is merely replaced with another faith, then that "other faith" would likely be Islam. If Islam became the dominant religion in the US, then it might actually result in the "secularization" of Islam, which would be good thing, ultimately.

1. jdflom profile image79
        jdflomposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's probably just a trend. I don't think a decline in any faith would be a downfall, in fact, I believe it would be helpful to the entire planet.

However, I think there will always be some people that need religion to stay on a "good," path; and the religion itself isn't so important. So, even if there is a decline, I doubt it will go away or even get to a moot "crisis" point.

1. Castlepaloma profile image25
          Castlepalomaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It is declining, and we will become more enlighten as it continues

2. Paul Wingert profile image79
        Paul Wingertposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If Christianity goes away, not soon enough, why would Islam or any other religion replace it?  The US without religion would end up being a country of free thinking and educated citizens free of dogma and myth that does nothing but cloud personal judgement.

pisean282311posted 5 years ago in reply to this

@paul why would islam replace it?...good question...people coming out of Christianity are becoming atheist or agonist or getting into some other religion...now third part is large numbers...and as u know religion promotes no family planning , so naturally their numbers would increase...

1. Paul Wingert profile image79
            Paul Wingertposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The "...why would islam replace it?..." was a reply to "If Christianity declines and is merely replaced with another faith, then that "other faith" would likely be Islam." written by Chasuk earlier in this post.

ok...got that...but paul islam is fastest growing religion in usa too...i hope it doesnot replace Christianity....both come from same roots , both sell myths and both enslave people when taken literally...

2. EinderDarkwolf profile image60
      EinderDarkwolfposted 5 years ago in reply to this

People were fine before Christianity and will be good again when it's gone. Not that it will ever actually disappear, as no  religion has. However, it will fade into the background as many of them have.

3. profile image0
      Sooner28posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes.  Christianity has been around much longer than Islam has.  I think the person who said Islam would replace Christianity is right.  It would then become much less dogmatic, and more in line with how most Christians are, not trying to blow up the government or planes and changing the interpretation of holy texts to fit the times. 

We need another enlightenment!

2. Mark Pitts profile image60
    Mark Pittsposted 5 years ago

I disagree with sooner28. I also disagree with the premise of your statement. Christianity isn't declining. But it is getting biased bad press from those factions and individuals that for some reason have a need to be ashamed of their culture, history, social status. Too bad.

1. profile image0
      Sooner28posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Actually, as of 2009, 15% of the population claims to have no religion.  http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/577828.aspx.  So, at least in the United States, Christianity is declining.

What will replace it, if anything at all?  Islam is growing, so that's a natural answer.  Islam has to adapt though, and be more accepting of women for it to catch on in the United States; but religions have shown themselves to be very flexible when they need to, so it wouldn't surprise me if Islam grows a lot more in the United States, albeit a very different form than the one practiced in the Middle East.

But this is all speculation.  No one can say for sure what religion will be dominant in America in the next 50 years.

3. wilmiers77 profile image59
    wilmiers77posted 5 years ago

Removing an unifying positive from our society naturally would be followed by a chaotic negative effect. It's simple logic, remove a positive from a group and it becomes more negative.

Although, I believe that Christianity shall decline until it is badly needed, than Christianity shall rise from the grave. This is a natural cycle.

1. Josak profile image60
      Josakposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hardly a unifying force at all and positive is very very debatable, nothing divides people as much as the faith they practise, from Mormons being critisized by other bands of christianity, to Catholics and Protestants murdering each other for centuries over whose particular breed of Christianity is better, not to mention the violence between religions. The world has seen the collapse of many other very succesfull relgions (such as the Olympian gods) I think that this time Islam will take up some of the numbers and the majority will go to a philosophy rather than a religion, that being humanism which is seeing massive growth.

4. MelissaBarrett profile image60
    MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago

I think Christianity... in the traditional sense... will continue to decline.  The fact is fundamental Christianity just doesn't work in the modern world.  The sad part is those who refuse to let Christianity adapt are the ones that are killing it. 

If Christianity survives, it will be altered to allow for the natural evolution that 2000 years of philosophical, medical, and technological growth causes.

Literal interpretation of the Bible is a bit too superstitious and obviously impossible for educated individuals to accept.

1. vector7 profile image60
      vector7posted 5 years ago in reply to this

You don't 'adapt' what Christ taught or you are changing the whole teaching.

No one is killing Christianity.

You do realize that Christ already fortold what is happening don't you?

The Bible is not for 'high-minded' know everything prideful people. Christ taught if you follow Him and are to enter God's kindgom it will be on one condition.. that you are as humble as a child in folling His teaching.

People that aren't humble would gladly change what Christ said to fit their personal agenda...

Looks like another post proving His words if you ask me. I don't see how anyone can't see all the obvious divinity flowing out of His mouth like living water.......

Christianity isn't dependant on this world, btw. We live through Christ, as does anyone who accepts Him as Lord.

God's blessings

1. MelissaBarrett profile image60
        MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Are you saying that Christians behave the same way today that they did 1900 years ago?  That churches teach the same thing? 

Do you really think that the Nicean Council wouldn't snatch you up and put you in chains for behaving like "real Christians" do today?

1. Castlepaloma profile image25
          Castlepalomaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

In Canada Christian have declined in half  from a 100 years ago

2. EinderDarkwolf profile image60
          EinderDarkwolfposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The Nicean Council would have executed over half the planet and burned damn near every book on it. That was how they established Christianity in the first place.

2. wilmiers77 profile image59
      wilmiers77posted 5 years ago in reply to this

The more things change the more things remain the same. Human nature has not changed in 10 thousand years; it has only recently been pacified with material needs and wants.

I have never talked with a faithful believer who completely interpreted the bible literally, and many have PhDs.

5. scottcgruber profile image92
    scottcgruberposted 5 years ago

While I certainly agree that the eventual downfall of Christianity and all other religions will be good for humanity, I'm not convinced that there will be a net benefit. I'm sure people will just find some other silly thing to rot their brains with.

@scottcgruber you have a point...like humans created christ out of human jesus , who knows what humans would create next...

working