jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (18 posts)

Do you feel that your spirit is happy?

1. Jonathan Janco profile image81
    Jonathan Jancoposted 4 years ago

I ask because I recently realized that my spirit is happy albeit a bit frustrated and maybe a little too eager for my pace, but happy nonetheless. I equate this to my decision to start learning new things again. For years I kind of put myself in a fog and got very depressed. The main reason for it was that the things I know well already, like what I do for a living, are incredibly boring and old hat and I am really only stimulated and activated when learning new things. So, I guess I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar experience.

1. Disappearinghead profile image89
      Disappearingheadposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I can certainly relate to how a boring job can suck out so much joy from our lives. Like you I have found joy and stimulation in learning new things. This year for instance I have started karate with my son, and started learning JavaScript with Codecademy.

I have also taken the decision to actively search for another job though. After 7 years, it is time for me to move on and essential if I am to progress.

Am I happy inside? Yes in large part to the things above. Is my spirit happy? I don't believe I have one.

2. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

I have been there before. I hope to be there again. But, not now.

Jonathan Jancoposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well, Ford, I'm a bit upset about that.

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
        paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Please explain reference "Ford". smile

Douglas Adams. In Hitchhiker's Guide, Arthur the earthling says that to Ford the alien after he's told his planet has been annihilated.

I am not happy.

I am sorry to hear. I hope you can find it again.

You have no idea...

3. 0
    Gusserposted 4 years ago

I am happy anytime I have to many spirits.

That's something I've decided to work on stopping, but if it works for you Gusser then Cheers!

1. 0
        Gusserposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Just a play on words.

4. 0
    Emile Rposted 4 years ago

I can relate. I was in a funk for the last few years for exactly the same reasons. I've been working on the web site for a business we hope to buy; and working hard at getting the paperwork in order. It's been exhilirating doing something new and different. I don't know why I waited so long. I guess because even though I find my job boring it pays well and has great benefits. But now I can't wait to get out of it.

5. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

"Do you feel that your spirit is happy?"

No!

6. 0
    klarawieckposted 4 years ago

Which spirit Jonathan? The one that inhabits in my body, or the one that tags along with me wherever I go?

Two parts of the same entity Klara, I am sure. I don't know how much of your hova you have collected so far but I really thought the question I originally posed was simple enough.

1. 0
        klarawieckposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm a medium, Jonathan, which means I talk to the dead. Lol When it comes to spirits I have a long list!

7. Jerami profile image77
    Jeramiposted 4 years ago

Peace ...  is hard to find until we discover what it is.
      Happiness comes and goes.
      And sorrow is like a mud puddle we step in.
      We can just stand there cause our shoes are wet, or we can walk through the tall grass, finding just a little peace of mind knowing they'll dry soon enough.

Whenever I start feeling depressed, cause of the situation I find myself in, If I can remember to do so; I can find just a little bit of piece; just thinking about all of those other situations I'd rather Not Be In "More" than the one that I am.

Happiness and sorrow come and go faster that the weather changes,  But piece of mind is the window that we watch through.

And when the glass fogs over ??  This too will pass

working