jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (23 posts)

I created this with my finger

1. mischeviousme profile image59
    mischeviousmeposted 4 years ago

Does this make me a god?

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6378949_f248.jpg

1. wilderness profile image97
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It isn't moving, and has not made up a new religion recognizing you as its creator.

Therefore you are only a minor God, not the big Pooh Bah of all.  A play dough God, dabbling in the inconsequential.

Sorry. big_smile

*add*  Maybe if you made another one, slightly different, and provided the two of them with an apple...

2. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 4 years ago in reply to this

LOL.
      "I" brought this blue bunny here "from outta thin air", and even thereby "gave" him the ability to run. 
      But I sure ain't no god, nor God.

http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons/emoticon-looney-toons-020.gif

So, if you're lookin' for someone to tout you as a god, mischievousme, you've got a long wait coming, I reckon.

And if you're trying to compare the modern use of technology to the powers of God,  you're a long way off there too.

mischeviousmeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I actually created mine in the microsoft paint shop, though I know I'm nothing special.

2. wilderness profile image97
        wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No, no Brenda.  You made the bunny (and a fine bunny it is) in cyber space, where we are all gods that can do anything and everything we say or do is OK.

Or so the trolls would have us believe...

1. 0

indeed!  lol

I got my bunny from a free place online.  I reckon I must've created him before and left him there.   So now my power is shown!  lol  wink  lol

lol

3. Greekgeek profile image97
      Greekgeekposted 4 years ago in reply to this

J.R.R. Tolkien believed that the phrase "in God's image" referred not to our looking like God, but rather, having the power to create.

Or rather, "subcreate." God can create animate objects that are self-aware, grow, breed, etc. Whereas we cannot -- so far -- create things that live in the real world. Creation without that vital spark is subcreation. Tolkien's Middle-earth, for him, was a subcreation: it lived in the minds of himself, his friends, and his readers, but of course could never exist in reality rather than just in fantasy because he's not God.

Just a philosphical theory, but I've always liked the idea of "subcreation" as an interesting distinction.

1. Disappearinghead profile image88
        Disappearingheadposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Then I agree with Mr. Tolkien. smile

4. Jonathan Janco profile image80
      Jonathan Jancoposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well, if the little tiny particles in the drawing material are conscious on some level then I guess it would make you a god in a sense, or lord I think would be more appropriate. And the imaginary character you created exists on the imaginary plane where you are the exclusive creator of what you imagine.

5. brotheryochanan profile image61
      brotheryochananposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Kinda makes you appear silly

It was supposed to.

2. Eric Newland profile image60
    Eric Newlandposted 4 years ago

Actually, if you want to get technical, you didn't create anything. You just rearranged some ones and zeroes on an already existing computer storage medium, itself a rearranged amalgam of already existing matter.

1. 0

Agreed.  I love your no-nonsense approach.  It stops the subject from going off onto wild tangents.  smile

I was just pokin fun, though art is a form of creation. One uses a guitar to create sound, another uses charcoal to create pictures. So then, what is the difference between God and the mind of man?

1. 0

I was having fun too, with the pics etc.  It's a cute thread.

The difference is what Eric said.
          The difference between the Creator and the created is like night and day, and beyond.

The Bible does say we Christians have the mind of Christ.  But that doesn't mean we are Him.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6380225_f248.jpg

I used pencils for this piece... Is it not also a creation, though the mediums are different?

1. 0

In an easy definition, yes I suppose the dictionary has that kind of meaning for the word.
              But I think you're looking for the dictionary's definition (and scientific and theological and common-sense) of "Creation" meaning to cause something to exist with no prior medium or groundwork.

I tend to think God was a bit of the same, the creation of the attempt to rationalize the natural world...

1. brotheryochanan profile image61
                  brotheryochananposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Would be true if it were that way. We look at other belief systems pertaining to God and they are deterministically linked with natural patterns and it is quite obvious that they are formed around their environment.
                  But not so with the Creator of the universe. We see that God is in control of the environment with Adam and Eve and that they knew God and yet they did not document their belief system. We find that documentation of God begins with Moses and goes into great detail about how God brought his people out of slavery, took them into a wilderness to survive for 40yrs, taught them the sacrificial system they followed for thousands of years and although we know that the God of the universe has dominion over everything, including weather, we find that yahweh is not purposefully recognized for his ability to control the weather and that he is not a deity of weather or of fertility but a God who hates sin.
                  If we examine this closer we find a startling difference between this God yahweh and all other gods and we find that yahweh is not an attempt of man to define his surroundings but rather defines his purpose.

3. 0
    Hubert Williamsposted 4 years ago

I am a very large man. When I walk into a room people say, "Oh, My God!" but nobody kneels. Imagine that. Hmmm

I expect it... Kneel before your lord thy Bob.

1. 0
        Hubert Williamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hallelujah!!!Lord Bob. Amen and Blessed be! Whooo!

working