jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Is God Never A Trinity?.......

1. rLcasaLme profile image51
    rLcasaLmeposted 4 years ago

http://elijahreturns.hubpages.com/hub/W … s-only-One
    I've read this hub but since comments were disabled, there's no way to find out what others think of this.
    Please cite your opinions.

1. Disappearinghead profile image88
      Disappearingheadposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree that God is never a trinity. However Elijahreturns appears to believe that Jesus is only man.

But because of Jesus' statements such as "before Abraham I am" and Isaiah 9:6
      "For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace", it seems to me that Jesus was actually God Himself in the flesh. Thus He gives us the Father Son analogy to enable people to relate to His origins, and fullfillment of the picture of father sacrificing son - Abraham and Isaac parallel.

2. rLcasaLme profile image51
    rLcasaLmeposted 4 years ago

Believers only, please. This is to avoid diversion from the topic.

3. recommend1 profile image70
    recommend1posted 4 years ago

The trinity idea is pure church politics that came from twisting and turning on how to explain the various ways in which the christ figure was reperesented and spoken about in the story.  The need to become the 'translators' of everything, by providing an answer to everything, is all about power and control and nothing to do with the original christ story.

4. Eric Newland profile image59
    Eric Newlandposted 4 years ago

I think the clearest origin of the trinity is Jesus' baptism, where all three aspects of God are witnessed distinctly in the same place at the same time--Father as a voice from the sky, Son as Jesus, and the Spirit descending "as a dove."

But even believers in the trinity call it a "mystery." No one would say that the three "persons" are actually separate beings; they're still ultimately one God.

Yet there does seem to be a vague separation. Clearly God did not disappear from His role watching over the world when He became flesh as Jesus. God as He inhabits the human soul is referred to multiple times as the "Spirit of the Lord."

But as obscure as the trinity is, even more obscure to me is this notion that the trinity is some kind of sacrilege. It doesn't subtract anything from God's or Jesus' divinity.

5. mischeviousme profile image61
    mischeviousmeposted 4 years ago

working