the path not chosen

1. Jerami profile image77
    Jeramiposted 4 years ago

There are a lot of threads talking about man made concepts.
    And how our lives are manipulated or created by those concepts that we choose to accept as truth.

Well, I have a question.   

When I was little I used to have the most vivid dreams.
    I would be playing out in the front yard and decide to fly and I flew, or just float in the air while jumping across a 45 ft. gorge etc. etc. etc ..

"what IF",  At that yound age we were incouraged to focus all of our attention toward that frame of mind?
      "what if" we were incouraged to KEEP our little invisable friend ?
      Would those invisable friends become more real to us if they were allowed to grow old with us instead of going away?

The only reason we have come so far down this road we have traveled, is because we chose to not go down that other road.

For instance, If my Mon had not ever put shoes on my feet, I might still today be able to climb to the top of the tallest pine tree.
       But allas.  I chose a different path. And climbing trees are no longer a reality in my life.
      Maybe concepts do create realities?  And other realities are created by other concepts.
       In the beginning ...  God had a concept.  And the product of that concept was able to have concepts also.
      And here we are argueing that "MY" concept of the first concept is better than Your concept of that same concept.
      I think I can think what I'm thinking better than I can say it.

1. mischeviousme profile image60
      mischeviousmeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

We lack the abillity to express certain things in words... We can describe our emotion, but it is hard to impart the feeling.

As far as God is concerned...

The Hindu interpretation is more realistic than the christian, I believe. It was said that Brahma (the creator god of hindu myth) is a dream and that as we dream him, he dreams us. He sleeps for a kalpa (4,000,000yrs) and is awake for another kalpa. It is a sleep, wake cycle and is very much a man made concept.

The idea of hindu mythology...

In hindu mythology, gods and demons are very much expressions of the individual. So any of my fears and any of my desires are manifestations of my own mind.