jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

The great elation

1. mischeviousme profile image59
    mischeviousmeposted 4 years ago

When I was young, I felt a warm feeling. It was the feeling christians get when they "find God", same thing I felt every time I accepted a different "truth/faith/philosophy". But I found that having a personalized Truth/faith/philosophy, can be much more rewarding.

As always, I prefer to sit on the fence. There is nothing there for me, on either side. So I just sit back, watch the game and enjoy the show.

1. recommend1 profile image72
      recommend1posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think everyone who is learning anything gets that 'feeling' when what we think we have learned correlates with what is in our subconcious mind.  Religious folk get it when some doctrine matches with their need for a parent figure, non-religious folk get it when some 'way' of life is understood that matches the (mental) route we are on, uni study can produce such moments in regard to the subject.

I find these thread arguments amusing to a point - but am always concious how dangerous it is to lie back and accept that some wickedly stupid people can profilerate pure nonsense and pretend it is reasonable to do so.  I cannot sit back and listen to horrible people claim their religious view as representative of their chosen icon when it is so clearly opposite. In real life I have to deal (politely) with such mindless nasty religious people and these threads  provide some pressure relief big_smile

mischeviousmeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Is that a compliment? Thank you very much...

To me, I am speaking a truth. What others think, is of their own volition. If I piss somebody off, too bad. If I changed somebody's life, great. The point is, none of what I say really means anything, their just thoughts and observational opinions.

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 4 years ago

One observation. Maybe pertinent. Maybe not. You appear to be immersed in the whole dialogue. You could hardly classify that as  simply watching the show. Could you?

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I was gonna say that.
      But I'm glad you did first. wink

I like talking about the workings of the mind, human and non. It's an amazingly deep deep subject, something one could debate on endlessly. I just see where my reasoning may be pertinent... it's something to do with my extra time.

1. profile image0
          Brenda Durhamposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree it's a deep subject, a very interesting one. 
          Are you saying you want to have an impact, but it doesn't matter if it's positive or negative, that it's just like playing a frivolous game?

Don't misunderstand, I'm simply talking. I could care less for the attention of the world, I just like talking to people. It is the prerogative of the speaker to speak, the listener can always walk away.

working