jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

How would you rather see the world? As a believer or non believer?

1. Matthew Kirk profile image88
    Matthew Kirkposted 5 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6420542_f248.jpg
    This is not about how you currently see the world but about how you would RATHER see the world.

1. Through the eyes of a Christian, Islamist, Hindu, Buddha.... to you the world was created by a great being who put all of the beauty and the complicated natural systems in place? The pleasant green, the rolling sea, the pretty butterflies and the grisliest predators... all put here by god.

OR

2. The big bang, evolution, the nature and mathematics of randomness that are the belief of most atheists or agnostics. Everything created itself to be so strange and wonderful by chance, The big bang created matter, the first stars changed and shaped our universe into the order we see today, and eventually life sprung up by chance and over a billion years made itself what it is on earth today?

Which is the more beautiful, the more wondrous, the preferred and best way to see the world?

Honestly... would you rather see the world through the eyes of a theist or an athiest? And why?

1. mischeviousme profile image59
      mischeviousmeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Wrong... Buddhist don't believe in God, they only believe it is a possibility. all Gods/gods and deities are an aspect of the self, the result of desire.

2. profile image0
      jomineposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'll see the world as it is, unclouded by emotions!

2. pisean282311 profile image57
    pisean282311posted 5 years ago

any time as atheist...world becomes more beautiful for me without supreme being...

Matthew Kirkposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Agree with you pisean, everything made itself, that makes the world even more amazing and beautiful to me too.

3. kcd_Ven profile image73
    kcd_Venposted 5 years ago

It would be great seeing it as a believer, not because of the belief that everything in life will go smoothly but because of the proven fact that no matter what's bound to happen, He will always be there and is in control of all things. smile

Matthew Kirkposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Are you a believer kcd? Or would you rather see the world that way?

1. kcd_Ven profile image73
        kcd_Venposted 5 years ago in reply to this

yes, I am and I see it in that manner .

working