jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Buddha from Paarsurrey’s perspective

1. profile image69
    paarsurreyposted 5 years ago

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim. I am fond of reading root books of revealed religions. These days “The Gospel of Buddha”, Compiled from Ancient Records, by Paul Carus published in 1915 is under my study.

I want to share my views with others, while I study it, in search of truth.

This is my personal viewpoint not necessarily of the community I belong to; and I want to be fair.

Buddha says, as per, Gospel of Buddha:

"Since then, O bhikkhus, there is no self, there cannot be any after life of a self. Therefore abandon all thought of self. But since there are deeds and since deeds continue, be careful with your deeds. “            Verse-31: Chapter- 40: Page-117

http://reluctant-messenger.com/gospel_buddha/

Paarsurrey comments: Perhaps Buddha is not denying the life in hereafter here, as he links it to the denial of self while one is alive and when one dies only the soul lives with the deeds it has done in this world.

2. Greek One profile image79
    Greek Oneposted 5 years ago

Paar, you're back!

You must stop leaving like this and frightening us!

1. profile image69
      paarsurreyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Salam

What is so frightening?

1. Greek One profile image79
        Greek Oneposted 5 years ago in reply to this

that you have left us for good!

1. profile image69

Thanks for remembring me.

3. Druid Dude profile image61
    Druid Dudeposted 5 years ago

Hello again. This is why I never embraced Buddhist thought, though I do believe in the soul, and reincarnation/resurrection. My sources of knowledge are internal, as in Buddhism, and I believe in denial of materialistic ideals. Welcome back Paar

1. profile image69

Thanks

working