jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (18 posts)

easter has nothing to do with CHRIST, so why do christians celebrate i

1. tlmcgaa70 profile image69
    tlmcgaa70posted 4 years ago

its origins are paganistic and dealt with the worship of the goddess ishtar. it is mentioned only because the pagans were celebrating it AT THE SAME TIME as CHRIST was crucified. what do eggs and bunnies have to do with CHRISTs crucifiction? for pagans they symbolize life and fertility.

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That is as silly as Christians absolutely insisting that the only reason to celebrate Christmas is their own religious beliefs, that anyone with a Christmas tree and gifts around it MUST be Christian..

A celebration, holiday or other festival is held for whatever reason one might want to.  If Christians wish to celebrate the resurrection of Christ on this date that is entirely up to them.

Personally, we celebrate Easter as a time the Easter Bunny comes and hides eggs around the house for the children.  It has nothing to do with religion either Pagan or Christian.  That is what we choose to make it.

We just came in from finding all those eggs; a great time for children and adults alike and it had nothing to do with life, fertility or Christ.

2. 0
    Emile Rposted 4 years ago

Why do you care what others think? Hindus consider cows sacred. Do you eat beef? Atheists drive cars. Should you drive a car? Muslims pray. Should you? Agnostics breath air. Does that make air repugnant?

Look to your own reasons for the reason why you do what you do.  Give others room to do the same. Everything means what you want it to. smile

tlmcgaa70posted 4 years ago in reply to this

personally, i dont care what the rest of the world does or believes. i bring this up because christians are supposed to avoid doing things like celebrating pagan holidays. most of them do not realize christmas and easter have nothing to do with CHRIST. it is a sad thing when they DO know it and still celebrate them.

1. 0
        Emile Rposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It only has pagan meanings to pagans. Are you a pagan?

i dont expect you to understand emile. if GOD were created by man, then it wouldnt matter how man worships HIM. but this is not so, GOD created man, and man must worship GOD as GOD dictates. for man to worship GOD any way it pleases him to worship HIM, makes man to worship a false god, a self made god. to celebrate a holiday that was meant to worship another deity, is not allowed. GOD is a jealous GOD. and he has every right to be.

1. 0
            jomineposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Such a low class god, pathetic.
            Did you buy it from walmart? If so they'll give you a replacement, get a better one next time.

2. 0

I'll simply point you in the direction of your scriptures. 1 Corinthians 8:1-13. But, replace references to food with celebrating holidays, and change the words weak brother to tlmcgaa70. smile

quoting scripture does not mean understanding it. only GOD can give true understanding of HIS Word. do you really think i am bothered or offended by your judgement of me? how can i be? you lack wisdom so there for what you think of me is meaningless.

1. 0

Ask Claire which hospital she is going, and then go to another hospital and get treatment before it is too late.

1. 0

I think too late already happened. In both cases.

2. 0

lol I was simply attempting to be helpful. If you want to continue on this delusional path that is your choice. I doubt any god would be happy to know such childish posts were being offered in its name.

I mean, seriously. It kind of begs the question of whether, or not, mankind was created in that god's image. Could a god that insecure create anything?

1. 0

Then how do you think tlmcgaa70, Claire Evans, aguasilver, vector7 all came into existence? Psychosis is more or less genetic!

3. Eric Newland profile image59
    Eric Newlandposted 4 years ago

Happy Easter to you too!

4. Jonathan Janco profile image80
    Jonathan Jancoposted 4 years ago

Actually, the pagan festival in question is not unsimilar to the Christ resurrection story. Generally speaking, the Spring Equinox is celebrated by pagan cultures for the rebirth of the Fertility Goddess (or Ishtar or many other names). Is not the crucifixion and resurrection (both of which also appear in many ancient pagan pantheons) a sort of death and rebirth as well?

5. tlmcgaa70 profile image69
    tlmcgaa70posted 4 years ago

emile and jomine, you may think you are mocking me, but you are not...you are mocking GOD (and no i am not claiming i am GOD) i am saying that what you mock is not the servant but the Master. you wont be answering to me for your comments...you will answer to GOD. i realize that means nothing to you...now, but someday it will.

1. 0

No one is mocking God. Your ego is inflated beyond your capacity to reason. Imo.

2. 0

I'm mocking god? The nonexistent fairy that control you?
      You fairy is your own fairy, and if it jealous it is because you are. And if you want to get rid of that, see a psychiatrist but Beware the real world is harsh and unforgiving, not a place for the feeble minded.

working