jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Why Sex, Religion, Crime, Politics are most popular subjects?

1. jainismus profile image78
    jainismusposted 4 years ago

Why Sex, Religion, Crime, Politics are the most popular subjects to discuss and enjoy?

1. Paul Wingert profile image79
      Paul Wingertposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Because it's more interesting than discussing basket weaving, world peace, and the life cycle of the tomato. What gets most reader, tabloids or a book of poems?

2. Deborah Brooks profile image42
      Deborah Brooksposted 4 years ago in reply to this

When we write poems or stories it is usually about these subjects that are dear to our hearts and have hurt us. If we have been hurt we will write about love gone wrong and if we like sex we will write about that if you really are into politics and so on. and they are more interesting than basket weaving.

3. DoubleScorpion profile image86
      DoubleScorpionposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I would say, because these are topics that no-one completely agrees on and thus can lead to enlightening debates. big_smile

1. Eric Newland profile image61
        Eric Newlandposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well, "enlightening" is pretty hit or miss.

So I guess the ultimate thread would be one about a politician yelling "Oh God!" while he has sex with a prostitute?

2. mrshadyside1 profile image77
    mrshadyside1posted 4 years ago

Well,as far as issues that have a direct personal affect on us all,there's not much else. Also all of those issues reside in two different areas of our mind.They all hinge on good and evil,which each of us have as humans. Since we all struggle with good and evil throught life discussion and exploration of these issues releave natural anxieties by analyzing our own feeling through comparison to others and by expressing our anger and frustration. Every human experiences anxiety,fear,anger,frustration and confusion within these areas of everyday life.

3. teaches12345 profile image93
    teaches12345posted 4 years ago

I believe it is because all of these affect our daily lives.  We want to know how these things are going to cause us harm or happiness.  It is also something that we must learn and pass on the good aspects of each to those who follow us, such as children.  These emotions and ideals do hit at the heart of a person causing reactions of good or bad. We want to know what others think so that we can gauge our own thoughts against them.

4. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 4 years ago

Usually the subjects you mentioned stir up strong emotions one way to another and when one feels passionate about something ,it moves one to express themselves,hopefully in a respectful manner. smile

P.S I do feel some of you are being a little harsh on the merits of basket weaving all the same lol

5. Gypsy Rose Lee profile image62
    Gypsy Rose Leeposted 4 years ago

Addressing them one by one. Sex because everyone is always so interested to know who is doing what with who and so on especially if they know these people. Religion well it's a way to get to know what the other person thinks about something that is very important to you. For me since I believe in God I'm interested what the people I'm talking to have to say. Crime because by itself it is so horrific and you get so caught up in the horror of it all that you must simply know how, where and why it all happened. Politics well since I hate politics I can only gather that it is a way to vent your anger and give you a chance to punch somebody out just by what they say and who they are thinking of voting for.