jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Jesus-Man or Myth.

1. shepheka profile image61
    shephekaposted 4 years ago

I believe the widely accepted notion of a "historical Jesus" to be unjustly founded. There is literally no historical evidence supporting the Bible's story of Jesus. All of the Gospels in the bible were written 40+ years after the 33 B.C.E death, they were written by unknown (likely multiple) authors, who could not have possible been alive during the same time Jesus would have lived. The gospels claim (I would quote the bible but I do not have one with me) that Jesus was known throughout all of the lands; however, there is not a single historical document written between 1 B.C.E and 33 B.C.E. that mentions ANYTHING about Jesus, including the major events that would have been recorded. (I.E. the slaying of the innocent, major earthquakes, a three hour solar eclipse)

I would like to hear the thoughts of others regarding this topic and, if true, what the implications regarding Christanity would be. Please, if you decide to respond leave faith out of the argument.

1. Paul Wingert profile image79
      Paul Wingertposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Jesus probably existed as a teacher and a healer. But as far as the son of god and miracle guy, not buying it.

2. pisean282311 profile image60
      pisean282311posted 4 years ago in reply to this

@ts i think jesus did exist but during his era, there where lot of movements against rome empire ...two where crushed in times of jesus ...john the baptist was leader of one such movement....god's kingdom was not some spiritual term by revolution slogan...no other ruler than god theme...jesus like many young jews became part of movement....he was crucified for this act....thats end of story...

once jesus died , his followers created christ out of him...

1. Paul Wingert profile image79
        Paul Wingertposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Never thought of it that way. Jesus the Revolutionary. Yes he did spread the "word", but it was John the Baptist's "word". But was he as passive as the Bible depicts him as? Of course the Bible is so vague and full of metaphors and such it hard to decipher how much BS it really is. The early Christians under Roman occupation were instructed by their leaders to follow the Roman Law and pay their taxes. I guess they saw what happened to the Jews after they revolted 2 years after Jesus' death.