jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

excavating of Jerusalem

1. Jerami profile image77
    Jeramiposted 4 years ago

I just saw on TV and they were excavating in Jerusalem when I remembered how they could be doing that. The old city of Jerusalem was partially leveled and buried shortly  after the last Jewish revolt was put down by Hadrian in 135 AD
    Which reminded me how much history may have been buried then.  All of the people were scattered into the wilderness (all across the rest of the Roman Empire)  And Hadrian stomped the residue with his feet when tons and many tons of rock and debris were carried in to burry the city and erase any memory that there had ever been a Jerusalem.

That sounds kinda prophetic, I think. 
      Do you see any similarity to anything?

1. 0
      klarawieckposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think that people are missing the point by trying to find graves and bones. It's supposed to be a spiritual search, but many people are still looking for proof.

2. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 4 years ago

Many old cities sit on layers and layers of history, that's just the way it goes.  My gripe about biblical archaeolgy is that whereas in other regions they excavate and build up a story based on what they find, in the Holy Land they excavate and then try and squeeze the evidence into a story they think that they already have.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ … place.html

3. 0
    Jesshubpagesposted 4 years ago

Discoveries reveals the truth of the scripture which we Christians already believed. But no matter how crystal clear biblical truths are, still many will not believe it.

1. pisean282311 profile image59
      pisean282311posted 4 years ago in reply to this

@jess how can discovery of a city reveal truth?...doesnot make sense to me...if i live in london and right fiction about some xyz who too is my contempary but ordinary human being and i write about london's history which i know as well as current london...then say after 2k years some one digs and finds what i wrote does that make my fiction as truth?...

1. 0
        Jesshubpagesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The bible revealed the history of such biblical discoveries being found now a days. Before the digging was the testimony established. Nice sharing with you pisean.

1. pisean282311 profile image59
          pisean282311posted 4 years ago in reply to this

lol obviously some of digging would match bible or torah or even quran...there is no big deal in it....if bible might have written about dinosaurs or ww1 or ww2 or internet or planes or man going on moon then it would be something like prophecy...writing about history of well known city is what many historian can do...nothing to do with divinity....it is plain simple login....anyways thanks for sharing...

4. Jerami profile image77
    Jeramiposted 4 years ago

The point I was making is to how and why some of these cities were burried 20, 30  fourty feet below the surface in the first place.
      I understand land slides and volcanic eruptions, but parts of Jerusalem.
      Don't you wonder, when, how and why?