jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Muslim man marries An Athiest black woman will the marriage survive?

1. moiponetsoka profile image34
    moiponetsokaposted 4 years ago

Mixed race marriages do they last especially if religion is involved where one partner believes in Allah and the other doesnt not believe in God

1. Shanna11 profile image91
      Shanna11posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't see a problem with a mixed race marriage at all. I think the enormous difference in religious devotion will cause problems though-- most likely if they have children. Unless one happens to be a pushover, then I think there will be some discord.

2. glockr profile image61
      glockrposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm in a mixed race, mixed faith marriage (I'm Christian and my wife is athiest). The mixed race part isn't an issue at all, and the mixed religion part stopped being an issue as soon as I accepted the fact that my wife won't attend church with me. She does let the kids go with me (and she goes occasionally too) so it seems to work out OK. If I insisted that she go more often or if she insisted that I don't though it would cause huge problems in our marriage. It just depends on whether the 2 people involved are willing to respect the other's belief (or lack of).

3. Greek One profile image80
      Greek Oneposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think it depends... is she the man's 3rd or 4th wife at the moment?  Polygamists usually are more lenient with the wives that come into the harem later on.

If not, he will probably stone her

1. pisean282311 profile image59
        pisean282311posted 4 years ago in reply to this

4. A Troubled Man profile image60
      A Troubled Manposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There is rarely any relationship that lasts when both partners are diametrically opposed as a result of religion. Race has very little to do with it as we are all human beings despite the color of our skin.

5. getitrite profile image81
      getitriteposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Wow, a black female atheist.  That's pretty rare.

But this relationship sounds doomed.

2. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 4 years ago

These two people are not only not on the same page, they are not even reading the same book. They might be able to make a go of it if they can be respectful of each other's belief systems and not try to impose what each one believes on the other partner.  If not, they don't stand a snowball's chance in hell.