jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (28 posts)

Anyone Building a Bunker?

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 4 years ago

i was talking to a good friend of mine tonight (Canuck)...Anyway he's a born again Christian...cries when he talks about God and all that...i deal with it in my own way...cuz he's a good friend.  Soooooo...tonite he talked about folks he knows that have built bunkers for the end of the world - you know, Armageddon...We both had a good laugh.

Sooooooo....anyone out there building bunkers?...just in case?

1. Mighty Mom profile image92
      Mighty Momposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Has your friend been featured on the hit show "Doomsday Preppers" perhchance?

SomewayOuttaHereposted 4 years ago in reply to this

no,...he's not building one...i googled it...i didn't know there was such a show...i guess i don't watch much tv....geez i need to get out more often...ha ha ha...and start building?..but what about my bike?...bury it?...just in case?

1. Castlepaloma profile image23
          Castlepalomaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Got an off grid home, and getting a dog to protect my vegetables, dose that count?

If America attach us for our water, I'll digging a bunker and coating with lead with tunnel to my 4 season greenhouse

no...these bunkers are just for the end of the world...with satan causing lots of truble...from what i understand...bunkers for storms and stuff make sense, but my friend tells me he knows folks who have bunkers cuz of satan!...those folks figure Satan is passing through Alta sometime....hopefully the bad guy passes over BC and doesn't look back

That's just Harper selling off bad gas and oil to evil foreigners
              Plus,
              Bill Gate ( Once Luke Sky-walker) wants all our energy to be converted to nuclear power and at the same time wants the population reduce to Half a billion people on earth (Dark Vader)

Wow, absolute power corrupts, when all we need is underneath our feet, in the air and sky

are you saying Harper is Satan?...that's why his hair doesn't move...held down tight to cover up his horns i guess........................glad he's in the east and Alta. when he's in the mood for kissin' babies and flippin' burgers......yup, his expression looks like he has lots of bad gas....

2. Jonathan Janco profile image80
      Jonathan Jancoposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If he truly believed in God then he wouldn't build a bunker, because he'd feel perfectly safe with just his own body to protect him.

3. Mmargie1966 profile image90
      Mmargie1966posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Reading all the responses on this thread amazes me.  I'm not a doomsday prepper, but I also don't live my life by sticking my head in the sand either.

Be vigilant, prepared for natural disasters, learn survival techniques and self defense, bear arms, and you are way ahead of the rest of the population should something devastating happen...or not.

Thanks for the entertainment...lol

2. Mighty Mom profile image92
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

I don't know any of the so-called Armageddonists.
    However, given the many potential plagues that could befall our planet, including tornadoes and earthquakes, a bunker ain't a bad idea.
    My husband is thinking about switching his focus from home renovation to
    bunker design.
    I'm not entirely sure if he's pulling my leg or not!
    lol

lol...keep him focused on renos...don't let him bury a bus or anything like that in the backyard.

3. janesix profile image60
    janesixposted 4 years ago

No, no need.

Im pretty sure i will be one of the Raptured ones, up in the sky with jesus!

Your heaven lottery was designed for Christians, what about the other 10,000 Religions and non believers on earth, do they only add up to the price of fried vegetables

1. janesix profile image60
        janesixposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That was me being funny. Next time i will use a smiley

That would be snice, thats nice with ice, sliding backwards

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60

yikes big_smile lol

3. Mighty Mom profile image92
          Mighty Momposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think a smiley would be overkill for your wry wit.
          smile

When living Toronto I built over 100 Walmart costume mascot Happy faces, most insane thing, I have ever done. I f just one of these happy faces show up at my leaded bunker, my dog will be trained to bite and rip his head off.

4. Grant's World profile image79
    Grant's Worldposted 4 years ago

Nada but I really do enjoy watching the show doomsday preppers smile

Would sure be nice to have a bunker if sh*t hit the fan, I think. Or would a person just rather not be left alone on earth to deal with whatever is left behind.

i'm going to have to watch that show...for fun....big_smile

1. Grant's World profile image79
        Grant's Worldposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Watch it as long as you don't let it get to you and start dwelling on it to much. It is entertaining to see what some people are doing. Crazy world we live in. Although if something did happen then who was crazy?

oh oh...watched it last nite...i'm off to the building supply place to buy my materials...and then off to the grocery store

1. Grant's World profile image79
            Grant's Worldposted 4 years ago in reply to this

haha i'll be at the building store and will help you carry out some plywood. smile

5. starme77 profile image86
    starme77posted 4 years ago

haha haha smile smile thanks for the laughable topic smile I mean damn ... the end is the end how ya gonna hide from it .... seriously ... I seen on the news where people are like hoarding the heck out of food and stuff ... come on seriously its over when its over ... or ya spend a buch of time .. if ya make it ... eating up all that hoarded food and then .... well... its still freakin over man ... so why stress yerself out over it?

If Bill Gates is successful in selling and changing over most of our energy to nuclear power plants. Mean while Bill always wants to bring the earth's population down to a half a billion

If this happens, I want to bunker down with Bill Gates.

6. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 4 years ago

well?..........

1. janesix profile image60
      janesixposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well what?

Many of us will living in a well, if a few terrorist hits a few of those nuke energy plants.

working