jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (17 posts)

The wide path and narrow gate?

1. Jerami profile image78
    Jeramiposted 5 years ago

Does the so called religious right know what that means?

I think that it means ....   if the gate in which we are entering is crowded?
    We are on the wring path.

If it seems that everyone is agreeing with us ???  ....  then we are probably wrong by wanting to enter the same gate that as everyone else is entering !!!!!!

1. Disappearinghead profile image87
      Disappearingheadposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I know these two verse are misused. Chapter 7 of Matthew we have Jesus talking about lessons in life. The narrow gate leads to true life in this life, and the wide gate leads to ruin, destruction, or waste (apoleia) in this life. That is happiness and fullfillment are found in Him, and emptiness, wasted life and possibly ruin are found by following the ways and standards of this worlds systems.

These verses are not talking about salvation. So to answer your question, I see the narrow gate as following Him.

Jeramiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm not thinking about it. but what naturally comes to "Mind" mind is that we need salvation in this life as much as the next ...  which is ..  from whence we came.   Not saying, just thinking it.
          I'm running on automatic pilot so to speek.

May be sorry tomorrow ??

2. Jerami profile image78
    Jeramiposted 5 years ago

IF" the bible is the word of God And I believe it is;  the narrow path is straight up the middle between atheism and fundamentalist.  And the sooner everyone realizes that, the better everything is going to become better.

1. kess profile image60
      kessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Is this not also a broad path?

Does not your word of God condemn this way  as being neither hot nor cold?

I thought about that when I posted.

If being either hot or cold were the only prerequesit?  then it wouldn't matter what Ya thought as long you were passionate about what ever that is we are passionate about....  and that ain't what it's about, Is It?

1. kess profile image60
          kessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It only matters when the passion is for the lukewarmness

3. Jerami profile image78
    Jeramiposted 5 years ago

The gate may be small ...   but the instant we cross the threashold ...

The truth instantly apears before our eyes ,,  as though it is larger than our universe and as simple as a blade of grass.

4. Jerami profile image78
    Jeramiposted 5 years ago

And I'm going to try to sit here untill I eat this "Whole" half gallon of blue bunny Icecream. (strawberry shortcake)

1. aka-dj profile image80
      aka-djposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You'll be too fat to get through the narrow gate, if you do! lol

I'm not going to be taking this "OLD" "Fat" body with me when I ...squeeze ...  through the gate, if I can fit at all.

Id doesn't say exactly how narrow it is....   I'b just Ah hopin it is wide enough.

I hope it's superfluous for me to have to add, it was a joke! hmm

YEP ...   me too!   And I had all the intentions but I couldn;t do it though I tried. There is less than 1/2  of the 1/2 galon in the freezer now ....   I'm SOoo ashamed.  dis I say gallon a while ago.

Just noticed ...   It;s 3:21 AM    how time flies when I'm eating Icecream.

Eating ice cream at those hours multiplies their effect three times!

Hope you don't ROLL out of bed in the morning. smile

As long as I can get out of bed and nobody is hitting me on the head ......
                ......   it will be the start of a good day. LOL

2. Disappearinghead profile image87
      Disappearingheadposted 5 years ago in reply to this

A minute on the lips is a month on the hips! smile

5. Jerami profile image78
    Jeramiposted 5 years ago

Thanks guys for the talking to me.  It is 3:49 and I better get to bed before I go back to the freezer and get the rest of that Ice cream. .. HA

Yawn ...  good night.

working