jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (17 posts)

Who or what is the Anti-Christ?

1. Leaderofmany profile image61
    Leaderofmanyposted 4 years ago

If doomsday is near,who or what is the anti-Christ? The second beast of Revelation (Rev. 13:11-18), is a person who will manifest himself shortly before the second coming of Christ.

1. By His Way profile image61
      By His Wayposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't know.  I sometimes wonder if it's more of a mentality/influence/organization rather than a person.

2. Jesus was a hippy profile image60
      Jesus was a hippyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Revelations was clearly written by someone who was high. I wouldn't take any notice of its ramblings.

1. aguasilver profile image86
        aguasilverposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You obviously don't, so I guess it will only make sense when you watch it play out in front of you.

As to actually answering the question (which you failed to do) I think the AC is alive as we speak, being prepared, but not yet risen to prominence.

Reading Krisnamurty I suspect that he looked at his 'profile' and knew he was being groomed for the role, and declined.

Obama was a good candidate, except the AC is supposed to bring a false peace and make the world better, so he failed that test.

Clinton had the right 'mystery' background and the charisma to qualify, but his human instincts were too strong, so maybe he flunked also (but keep him in view, he may 'resurrect' his position).

GWB was too dumb to do the job.

Tony Blair ruined his chances.... the list is long for possible candidates, but we will just need to await, I am sure he will be evident when he appears.

1. janesix profile image62
          janesixposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Krishnamurty? Seriously? Thats the best one ive heard so far!

Well he had all the right qualities for it, don't get me wrong, I liked the guy, he had a weird and wonderful way of putting things and was definitely groomed, maybe not for the AC but definitely for a world spiritual leader, and if he had not refused, his voice would have been a major force in the world.

Thankfully he declined and lived his life as himself.

2. By His Way profile image61

Interesting

3. mischeviousme profile image60
      mischeviousmeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The antichrist is the church and satan is a christian...

2. By His Way profile image61
    By His Wayposted 4 years ago

I've heard talk about the RCC being involved?  (Not to point fingers at any one. Just a thought.)

Think that will morph into the new Universal Religion that is required, and the (then current)Pope will become the false prophet outlined.

I have many good believing RCC friends who stay in because they don't have the feeling to 'go free' and also think they should speak up and fight for change rather than leave for fresh pastures.

When the proverbial hits the fan, I guess many of them will depart and 'come out of her my people'.

I have long ago departed 'Churchianity' in that I no longer play any 'core' membership part in a specific body, but do keep looking for a solid body of believers who follow Christ, rather than a doctrine.

Problem is most folk LIKE in-doctrination!

Edit: smile now anyone will not know what the question was.... I hear drums...

lol   Are drums bad?  I'll repost my question if they are.

Edited: There. Question back up  smile

Your response is along the lines of what I think...for now.

I have never bought into the whole six hills stuff about the RCC, frankly a whole lot of what non Catholics get taught about Catholicism is crap and divisive left overs from doctrinal fear.

My current stance is that I think the hierarchy of the RCC stinks, but as I said, I have many good believing friends who are 'parked' in their denomination, and I understand why.

98% of what they teach is sound, but the other 2%....

We came from Ireland and my Great Grandfather was married in a Catholic church, so I guess my family roots were in Catholicism, but the family changed, probably because being Catholic was still a problem in 18th century England!

I came to Christ with no doctrinal background, so to me one doctrine or another is irrelevant, we either know Christ or we don't, the rest is small stuff.

"I came to Christ with no doctrinal background, so to me one doctrine or another is irrelevant, we either know Christ or we don't, the rest is small stuff."---> (thumbs up)

Thanks...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-NeJUUV4ptQM/TxM2kzUC_4I/AAAAAAAAMPo/BpTja9Ya4cs/s1600/thumbs_up_bciy.jpg

3. ptosis profile image80
    ptosisposted 4 years ago

Historically, Nostradamus when referring to the Antichrist was somebody in his own time. But just like folks  "see" references of Jesus in the First Testament, the first two AC's of Nostradamus is now identified with Napoleon and Hitler.

He wrote in cryptic pithy sayings because back then political writing was usually a beheading offense.

Antipope Clement III (center) with Emperor Henry IV.
    http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6510635_f248.jpg

4. Jerami profile image77
    Jeramiposted 4 years ago

I first want to say that I agree which what Aqua said about my Catholic and Islam friends. I don’t know any Jewish people personally or they would also be included. This is not about the people but the organizations.

How many times did Jesus describe the scribes and Pharisees as the sons of Satan. People have forgotten or don’t give it much thought that the Pharisees were but one sect of religious denominations.
      Maybe that sect was established by Satan them being the sons of Satan and all
      If the RCC is the beast that rose up out of the sea; then Islam would be the second beast which rose up out of the earth
      For a time the RCC could be considered as a one world religion            (of the known world).                                                         And when Islam first rose up they were sympathetic to Jews and Christians,

If the RCC is the first beast, we have to explain the 42 months which it was given to blaspheme.
       This is where Daniel 9 is so important and this also explains why the church ignores it almost completely.
       Daniel 9:23 .."the commandment came forth
       Daniel 9:25 and 26 ..  it shall be 62 weeks and they will kill the Messiah.

approx 568 years later they did,  this gives us a timeline comparison of a week equals approx 9,13 to 9.16 of our years.

42 months that the beast is given would equal approx 1644 years
      How many religious organizations have been around even for 1000 years?

What was happening 1644 years ago?
      At the time the church had ten Popes. One of the Popes were removed from his seat in Rome and sent into exile, One of its heads had received a deadly wound so to speak.  He was recalled in 369(?)           The head had recovered from it's deadly wound.
       This is when the 42 months began.
       1644 years later would bring us to 2013.

How many times did Jesus describe the scribes and pharisees as the sons of satan. People have forgotten or don;t give it much thought that the pharisees were but one sect of religious denominations.
      Maybe that sect was established by satan them being the sons of Satan and all
      If the RCC is the beast that rose up out of the sea; then Islam would be the second beast which rose up out of the earth
      For a time the RCC could be considered as a one world religion            (of the known world).                                                         And when Islam first rose up they were simathetic to jews and christians,

If the RCC is the first beast, we have to explain the 42 months which it wasgiven to blaspheme.
       This is where Daniel 9 is so important and this also explains why the church ignores it almost completely.
       Daniel 9:23 .."the commandment came forth
       Daniel 9:25 and 26 ..  it shall be 62 weeks and they will kill the Messiah.

approx 568 years later they did,  this gives us a timeline comparison of a week equals approx 9,13 to 9.16 of our years.

42 months that the beast is given would equal approx 1644 years
      How many religious organizations have been around even for 1000 years?

What was happening 1644 years ago?
      At the time the church had ten Popes. One of the Popes were removed from his position and sent into exile, One of its heads had received a deadly wound so to speak.  He was recalled in 369.  The head had recovered from it's deadly wound.
       This is when the 42 months began.
       1644 years later would bring us to 2013.

5. Jerami profile image77
    Jeramiposted 4 years ago

"IF" anyone would honestly extend just a "little" effort to examine the concept stated above?         They would see that many of the so called contradictions in scripture would vanish.

It seems to me that everyone that has posted in these forums (that I've seen) said things about their theology or lack thereof in which I agree.
      And vice versa!
      If there are any common ground for all of the different religious doctrines to meet, this is it.
    All that we have to do is to BELIEVE those things which Jesus said.
    And NOT allow Church doctrine to interpret those things  "       "          to mean something else entirely.
      I think it also takes away most of the legitimate arguments that Atheists make against that which is written is scripture,  leaving;  No it aint, Yea it is,   I don’t believe it, I do, shut up, no you shudup.
      The Path (denominational beliefs) is very broad, but the gate (truth) is narrow. ???
      I"m not saying that I know what God said!
      I'm just saying "what does the bible actually say? before interpretations entered into it?

working