jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (18 posts)

Why propagate the idiocy of western religion?

1. mischeviousme profile image61
    mischeviousmeposted 4 years ago

Why do those that follow pseudo-simetic beliefs, support the prolifferation of stupidity? They etify eachother and encourage misinformation, chalking reality up to caveman belief systems and shun reality as being the words of false prophets. And they call us crazy and evil, simply for not following their way. It seems as though the middle eastern belief systems, are based on being the only belief systems. The middle east was and still is, a very closed minded part of the world.

1. pisean282311 profile image57
      pisean282311posted 4 years ago in reply to this

@mis which religion...there was never western religion...western world imported religion from east...

mischeviousmeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Western religion is considered any belief system, originating west of Nepal and Tibet. Basically any thing west of india, is the western world.

lol

Maybe you should do some reading before you laugh, otherwise you're laughing at your own stupidity and lack of knowledge.

@mis

The term Western religion refers to religions that originated within Western culture, and are thus which historically, culturally, and theologically distinct from the Eastern religions. The contrast between Western and Eastern religions largely pertains to the distinction between monotheism and polytheism, respectively, and the term Abrahamic religion is often used in lieu of using the East and West terminology. - Wikipedia

i laughed because i thought u where kidding...sorry if u where serious...

It was a miscommunication... No worries.

2. profile image0
    jomineposted 4 years ago

Because though a few humans are evolving the majority are still just advanced apes.

1. aka-dj profile image79
      aka-djposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That's a brilliant statement.

Please, tell us who are the "few"?

Oh, let me guess, those who are atheists!

Do I go to the top of the class?

@aka-dj nope ....fews are those who would go to heaven because they believe in christ....others are just advanced apes...

2. profile image0
        jomineposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It is those persons who can make logical and rational statements and can identify fallacies.
        If you felt you are not among the few, then you must be right.

3. Eric Newland profile image60
    Eric Newlandposted 4 years ago

Why use the word "idiocy" and then make like you're expecting a real answer from anyone other than your like-minded posse?

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think he's preaching. 
      Liberals have been calling for preachin' to become taboo on HubPages?!  Yet they preach themselves in a twist of misplaced imitation (and with added expletives usually like "false", "pseudo", stupid, "idiocy" etc.). LOL

I never said not to preach your word, I just don't see it as being useful to preach it as fact. The only thing preaching the "word" as fact suits, is to dumb down an already jaded public. If I'm preaching, so be it. If I am preaching, I'm preaching against indoctrination and scare tactics. After all, that's what christianity's about these days, is it not? Do this or you'll go to hell, act this way and you'll get a reward. Punishment reward systems, do not a religion make. The punishment reward system, is a machination of men.

1. profile image0
          Brenda Durhamposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think that's a really close-minded approach.  But believe what you wish.

2. mischeviousme profile image61

Because it's not useful or rational information, it stems from the opinion of primitive minds. Cling to it as you will though, I am not your father and it's your mind to waste.

1. Eric Newland profile image60
        Eric Newlandposted 4 years ago in reply to this

So your personal opinion excuses glaring logical fallacies?

At least I'm not trying to drag the other sheep down with me.

working