You can confirm -- or debunk -- Jesus' crucifixion.

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (35 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Chasukposted 11 years ago

You can do this because you have a time machine.

Would you?

1. aguasilver profile image70
      aguasilverposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, of course, but I have no doubts.

1. profile image0
        jomineposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ignorance is bliss!

2. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Do we have a machine to jump into another Universe where Jesus actually existed as well?

1. profile image0
        Chasukposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I strongly disbelieve in the divinity of Jesus, but I don't strongly disbelieve in his historical existence. If he didn't exist, we would realize this at the nonoccurrence of the crucifixion.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58

Why don't you disbelieve it? There is no historical evidence whatsoever.

Also - how would you pinpoint the time/date of this supposed event?

1. profile image0

Disbelief is an active proposition, and an active behavior. In a sense, it is also a negative commitment. I don't commit to any negative proposition due merely to a lack of evidence. However, I don't believe in Jesus' historical existence, either.

As to how would you I would pinpoint the exact time/date, I would leave that to Doctor Who. I've hired him to pilot my time machine. This is a fictional thought experiment, after all. :-)

So why don't you believe in his historical existence?

1. profile image0

A lack of historical evidence.

A historian is someone who studies historical evidence -- and the opinions of other historians -- and uses his or her critical reasoning skills to reconstruct the past, and to determine the veracity of historical claims. I'm not a historian, but I can use their intellectual toolset to make the same decisions. I've done that, using the same evidence available to every modern historian -- and to everyone else -- and I've concluded that the evidence is insufficient to satisfy my standards of evidence. Some historians, and some non-historians, agree with my conclusion, and some don't.

So - just semantics then? You don't believe, but do not actively disbelieve?

I agree with you. I don't believe Jesus existed either. I apply not only the lack of historical data, but choose to actively disbelieve based on the amount of lies in the bible and the continued practice of lying by believers to defend their irrational belief.

Methinks the ladies doth protest too much. I have had too many believers tell me there is a mountain of historical evidence, but when it comes down to it they were simply repeating what some one else said and are unable to provide any.

1. profile image0

I keep trying to tell my Christian friends that they should never try to prove their Christian beliefs, that they should rely on the leap to faith instead, but they seldom listen to me until _after_ they have embarrassed themselves.

The Christians who do listen don't need the advice.

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 11 years ago

Definitely. But, I think I'd choose another moment in his life. I would think being at the tomb with Mary might be better. Lots of people were crucified. What is written of his subsequent actions are of much more interest.

1. aguasilver profile image70
      aguasilverposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Excellent idea, and yes the resurrection would be more relevant to witness.

If you manage it, watch out for large angels! smile

1. rdcast profile image61
        rdcastposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I'd refuse to enter such a man-made machine. Further, I'd attack any such attempt to destroy my faith in my merciful God and His Son, Jesus Christ, Who lived to die, so we might be forgiven and have life. Satan would dearly love(as if he could love anything beyond himself) to prove with historical evidence that Jesus Christ was born, which would have occurred approximately 6 years BC, give or take a couple of years. to prove with irrefutable evidence that Jesus Christ not only died on our cross, but resurrected 3 days later, to ascend into Heaven, where He is now, with His Heavenly Father, shielding Satan's bad report of us, here on earth, from reaching His Father's ears. You see, if Satan could prove what he has known about the divinity of Jesus Christ to all of us here on earth, our faith would become as worthless to God as the stones at our feet.

From Holy Scripture we know that Jesus Christ existed before time and everything that exists was created by His Word. Even our faith in Him is created by hearing his word.
        Romans 10:17
        So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

It's also stressed by Jesus Christ Himself, that the faith of His end time believers will be proven much stronger than the believers who walked with Him, for the lack of the physical evidence that they enjoyed.

All I want is His Living Word to dwell in my heart. Everything else of worth, blossoms from His Love. Historical Evidence for the Resurrection of Christ

1. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 11 years agoin reply to this

lol lol

2. Disappearinghead profile image61
          Disappearingheadposted 11 years agoin reply to this

??? What are you afraid of? Proof is better than faith. If the time machine was possible it is better to find the truth  with certainty of whether he existed or not than to continue not knowing and believing in blind faith.

3. janesix profile image61
          janesixposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Attack any such attempt? In what manner?

with pitchfork and club! Nah, actually, I knew that would be questioned, just not by you. You can be certain not by force, but by vote perhaps, if it came from a democracy. Of course it's all hypothetical and most fun to consider.

Cagsil? You appear to be a two headed fiend. I'm sure that's just appearance.

Disappearinghead, I have the truth and the proof in my heart and soul, that will indeed carry me into my Heavenly Father's Kingdom, in or around the year 2027.

Well, that would mean that your perception is skewed or that you're passing false judgment before learning. Both which are not good for you.

you ended that like Obama would

And you talk like a fanatic? sad

I understand your fear. Take heart, THERE IS A GOD WHO'S SON DIED FOR YOUR SINS!

What's wrong with Obama? He sounds like a nice man.

I'm not answering what's wrong with anyone. I have plenty of my own problems, thank you very much.

Proof in your heart and soul is still faith with the possibility that these originate in your unconscious mind. If it was possible I'd take the opportunity to have proof on video.

Well, I do have a bit of a cheat that I wont be going into here and now.

3. Jenna Pope profile image58
    Jenna Popeposted 11 years ago

I know from the Bible, the prophesies in the old testament, the church fathers and secular history that Jesus' crucifixion is true. Even so, faith is enough for me.

1. Druid Dude profile image61
      Druid Dudeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

In two thousand years, I'm sure there will be people who insist I was never here. I guarantee it. I know I'm here. There may be some who might insist that John Lennon never lived. There may even be some who might insist we never went to the moon..already is. There is even a chance that people may claim a place called the United States is just a legend. Compliments of my time machine. Thank you all for the standing ovation! Careful driving home tonight. It's a jungle out there!smile

You will be remembered throughout eternity my faithful brother.

2. rdcast profile image61

Jenna Pope, my dear sister in Christ. Our faith is far and away proof enough. HALLELUJAH!!! Don't forget your many gifts and miracles He gave us as individuals. God bless your witness on this day. There are those who desperately need it. We can only recall how it was before we were born again through Jesus Christ, the Good shepherd, Redeemer and Divine Intercessor.

1. Druid Dude profile image61
        Druid Dudeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Herod existed. Pontius Pilate existed. Joseph of Arimathea existed (He is recorded in Roman records as a 'mining minister') Paul existed, Peter existed. James, the brother of Jesus existed. This whole forum kinda dumb.

Ah, let's be civil among the faint hearted. Besides, you've made some wonderful points for others to consider. ...btw, I need prayer

4. starme77 profile image77
    starme77posted 11 years ago

smile smile smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)