jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

God is love

1. janesix profile image72
    janesixposted 4 years ago

I get truly annoyed by this phrase. What, exactly, does it mean? Mostly this is asserted by christians, but i had one forum poster that insisted god is love in a literal sense.

1. kess profile image60
      kessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

God is love...meaning that love is one of the attributes of god by which he show unto some at specific times on specific occassions.
      This is the common false concept coming from a religion perspective with the.assumption that they are the receipient and distribution agents of gods love.

God is love....meaning that Love,  that which comes from a heart of a man, not tried in the eyes of men but proven only by the heart of the giver.....God is the sum total of this love for it comes from any man at any time for any reason unto any man at any time for any reason.

This can be transformed into 'Love is God' and does not change its meaning.

The same context can be applied to 'God is Good', one is true and the other false dependz on which way you the person look at it.

Same phrases differring understanding.

1. janesix profile image72
        janesixposted 4 years ago in reply to this

God is the sum total of that love.....what does that actually mean?

1. kess profile image60
          kessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well let me try again.....

What soever a man ( any man) believes love to be, that is who God is to him.

So therefore The knowledge of God is skewed by the man knowledge of Love..

So then God can only be negative to a man who have made love negative to his own knowledge.

So God is the sum total of men knowledge of Love ,

this is based on the assumption that  men's knowlege of Love is not negative.

For the concept of Love never implies negativity,
          But ofcourse men posseses the feedom of thought to make it what so ever they will.

2. Jesus was a hippy profile image61
          Jesus was a hippyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You have to carry the one.

2. Cagsil profile image82
      Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hey Jane,

From some of the people I have talked with have made mention of "God Is Love" in their conversation. I took it to mean that when you truly feel love, then you have truly touched G/god. Because, that's where Love comes from to begin. These same people don't believe someone can love without a G/god in their life.

The other thing I have heard about in conversations was "Godly Love" and it's based on a similar thought. It's about G/god's Love that is shown upon people who are truly happy with their understanding of their own life and because they put G/god first and foremost in their life.

I questioned it when I heard it and found it odd to say the least. The reason I found it odd is because of my understanding of my own life is a testament to both of these sort of thinkers are completely misguided, lost aimlessly wondering around without a clue type of people.

I say that because I experience love on a grand scale. So much so that at times it becomes almost too much to handle. The love I have isn't a delusion and I have made mention of this before and will gladly repeat myself. I have no issue with giving up my life so a stranger can live. I don't know of any stronger love than that.

2. 0
    ScottHoughposted 4 years ago

One of the originators of the sport of surfing named Tom Blake, carved Nature = God, famously at both Malibu and a secret location in Wisconsin. Sometimes I consider this and it seems un-Christian, other times, it seems right on. It seems different than Nature = Love. Perhaps Nature = God = Love? I have difficulty thinking about it all at once.

One time in 2010 I believe, I used "Nature = God = Love = Money" as my Facebook status. I don't really believe this literally, however, I think there might be value in reflecting upon it.