jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Are any people from the bible smarter than a 5th grader, today?

1. Castlepaloma profile image26
    Castlepalomaposted 4 years ago

Here are three choices

1. Adam was the smartest person ever in all of Human history, as each generation that followed, became dumber to the dumbest people ever today

2. Was King Solomon really the wisest man ever or a foolish man ? Would King Solomon win the :Are you smarter than a 5th grader show:? today

3. Every Generation since Adam (maybe 200,000 years ago) has been getting smarter and now a 5th grader are smarter than all people in Biblical times, would you agree?

Give your best explanation why adults are more pessimistic than our Children are, today?

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 4 years ago

Wouldn't it always be the case that adults knowing more about how the world really works, be more pessimistic than idealistic children with little
    real experience.

Castlepalomaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I was more optimistic in my younger years, still think I'm an 8 year old child trapped in a 57 year old body.

If the World ends in 2012, why would children be optimistic about their future than their parents. it could be, don't trust people over age 30 all over again and becoming less religious.

3. Disappearinghead profile image88
    Disappearingheadposted 4 years ago

Where's the evidence man is getting smarter?

We may have a much greater knowledge of the universe, science, history, but that does not indicate being smarter. Your average potato couch would still not understand string theory and would rather watch car crash TV whilst stuffing hamburgers in their face.

Kids are not getting smarter in UK schools, instead exams are easier and they are trained to pass exams rather than acquiring knowledge and understanding.

Granted Soloman was a bit of a schmuck marrying all those women, but day time TV would not exist without a sufficient number of stupid people to watch it.

As far as knowledge about  things going on throughout the world, a 5th grader today would know Academically greater than King Solomon, Kids would not the experience as King Solomon in ways of a women and how to hold power over many people.

Yes too much TV can dumb you down.along with a cheap baby sitter

One question to ask, are Children today kinder than med evil times?
      A- Per capita with less war than before and opportunities  I would say yes again and we live a lot longer

I see no one really disagrees that a 5th grader is smarter than all people within the bible, as it has been written, so be it. Kids from the 5 grade Win with better answers to about our World questions,
        Man!!! I'm really proud of my kid right now

That was almost too easy