jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (11 posts)

Intuition and Instinct

1. A.Villarasa profile image78
    A.Villarasaposted 5 years ago

If  and when our physical senses fail to inform us of what is real or unreal, should we not then rely purely or surely on our intuition and instinct to help us perceive the world (material and non-material) that sorrounds us?

In the early days of our hominid precursors, when their 5 senses alone were not enough to guide them seek what were beneficial  and evade what were dangerous in nature, they relied mostly on their intuition and instinct.

Now that our specie have firmly established its current niche in nature... it seems that some of us have lost  our ability to use intiution and instinct to perceive,  conceive, and receive what are not  naturally susceptible to elucidation from  our 5 physical senses. When this loss becomes universal, the degradation and devaluation of our specie would have been complete.

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Are you that out of touch with yourself that you do not understand where your instincts and intuitions come from?

I am very much in touch with mine. I guess that is because I am rooted in reality.

1. aka-dj profile image78
        aka-djposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, but I found that funny! lol lol

PS. "rooted" = VERY TIRED! Just in case you were getting a wrong meaning! big_smile

Ah - Antipodean humor. Good for you. Let the Colonials have their fun, I always say.

1. aka-dj profile image78
            aka-djposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Except I'm not a colonial.

'Course you are. You laughed at "rooted."

2. A.Villarasa profile image78
          A.Villarasaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

@aka-dj:

It perplexes me no end to encounter a lot of folks on HubPages deny the duality of most if not all things seen/unseen in the universe, To me it is not a question of rationality  but of  intuition/instinct. One can not prove the existence of God/Soul  based solely on what the 5 physical senses inputs into our brain. Our brain process those inputs, and along its multifaceted/integrated circuitry,  spews  out  in the end with stunning vibrancy, its interpretation. The interpretation that God/Soul exist  is engendered  not by the physical nature of those inputs.

No - it is delusion and lack of self awareness that leads you to this false conclusion.

It does not perplex me at all that you are incapable of understanding. You are lazy and prefer the intellectually lazy answer.

2. A.Villarasa profile image78

@MK:
        I am as rooted as you are in  physical reality; unfortunately   you are so abysmally unhinged from your spiritual reality. Denying the obvious duality of man and the universe (i.e. physical and spiritual) is just not the way to go MK.

So from the point of view of the billions or so  ( there is safety, security and strenght in numbers as they say) who share my belief system, you are one outlier who is so  far outfield, that catching a flyball is just not in your destiny.

And there is nothing antipodean in that.

2. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

My experience of intuition is that it is usually always right and saves lot of time, trouble and heartache. Then again, being plugged into the cosmic mind would be of another advantage altogether.

1. A.Villarasa profile image78

@knolyourself:

Exactly what I am trying to say.

working