does God Exist? Yes he does exist ! Do you think otherwise?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (81 posts)
  1. Felixedet2000 profile image58
    Felixedet2000posted 11 years ago

God is the beginning and end of life, of discussion and anything else you can think of in this miserable world where perversity is the norm. Some people choose not to accept him in their heart, their hearts inclination tilt towards perversity and therefore God gave them up to reprobate mindset.

Can you refuse to acknowledge the fact that you are a biological products from your parents?
    why then will someone refuse to acknowledge the existence of God?

does God exist is a hot topic in the world because they world has never known God for whom he is.
    I don;t think God exist, i know he does.
    Can you proof me wrong or right?

1. janesix profile image60
      janesixposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Your god created a miserable and perverse world? Why did he do that?

1. dmoney4god profile image60
        dmoney4godposted 11 years agoin reply to this

When my God made this world for us to live in it was beautiful and perfect. We as people messed up God's creation and transformed it into this miserable and perverse world that you see before you now.

1. nightwork4 profile image60
          nightwork4posted 11 years agoin reply to this

so tornados, hurricanes, volcanos etc are beautiful and perfect? really?we caused these things i take it?

2. Felixedet2000 profile image58
        Felixedet2000posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I like the fact that you admitted that my God created the world, i love you for that. Despite the confusing opinion you have about him. He loves you still even more than what you can understand.
        When he created the world the world was not the way it is now, people's doctrines and perception is the reason the world is the way it is now.
        When people refuse to acknowledge their creator what do you expect aside perversity?
        How would you feel if your children refuse to acknowledge you as their parent? or you refusing to acknowledge your parent for whom they are, will it make them happy or not?

1. jdflom profile image67
          jdflomposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I know several people who had bad parents and now refuse to acknowledge their parents. They are living much happier lives now.

That is a common thing Jdflom, all parents are humans and like most human have their short comings which at times might be  detrimental to the well being of their wards.
            When such children by one way or the other find a way to redirect their life,you can only be grateful to the invisible force that is responsible for such.
            I am sure you are not saying that's the fault of God?

2. nightwork4 profile image60
          nightwork4posted 11 years agoin reply to this

lmao. there were huricanes and volcanos since the beginning. cute how you change things though, i love it

2. profile image0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If I had a penny for every single time this question was asked in the hub pages forums, I would be rich. smile

I can only assume that every newbie that comes along thinks it hasn't been asked before...

To answer the question, No, of course, God doesn't exist. Nor does Father Christmas, Thor, Osiris, and any of the other Gods that mankind invented so that he could explain away the things he didn't understand.

But, of course, the thread was posted to bring out the people who say no, he doesn't exist, so that a big effort to convert the heathen can be made...

3. LewSethics profile image61
      LewSethicsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So god gave you knees so you could grovel?

4. ackman1465 profile image61
      ackman1465posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Questions such as this remind me of a quote which, when I saw it, was attributed to Yassar Arafat:   "Religious wars are conflicts in which one group fights and kills and maims another group... all over a dispute about which one has the better imaginary friend..."   Works for me.....

5. Slarty O'Brian profile image80
      Slarty O'Brianposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I don't know if it exists or not. Neither do you. If you claim to, you are lying. Mostly to yourself. We can't know, so what ever you say about it is a wild guess.

And if god did create this intentionally, he set it up to be the way it is. Not us. We didn't create a world where everything must suffer and must murder something every day just to eat and survive. If your god exists it's a sick cruel  tyrant egomaniac.

And that's being nice. 

I hope it doesn't exist. That way there is no intent in how the world is set up. Then you can blame us for not doing enough to fix it. And I do. But I can't blame anything for how it is. Only if its due to a being's intent is it obviously evil.

1. Live to Learn profile image60
        Live to Learnposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Out of an abundance of curiosity I'd love to hear how life could work without death. Not just you. Or me,or even just humanity. How would you create a universe of an infinite number of stars, an infinite number of planets. A planet (we're moving down to earth now) teeming with an infinite amount of life, in a symbiotic relationship so complex we still don't understand all of its intricacies. But, with no death. Constantly changing and evolving.

Take your time there. I knows this is going to be good.

Your concept of good and evil is so skewed I just can't wait to hear this.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
          Castlepalomaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

We're made of star stuff," Sagan famously stated in one episode. His statement sums up the fact that the carbon, nitrogen and oxygen atoms in our bodies, as well as atoms of all other heavy elements, were created in previous generations of stars over 4.5 billion years ago.13 oct. 2010
          https://www.livescience

2. Slarty O'Brian profile image80
          Slarty O'Brianposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Well do spirits die in heaven?  Do they suffer? Do they evolve and grow? You seem to believe in everlasting life. So you never really die, right?

But you are mistaken. Death isn't what I consider evil. Murder is, but not death.

What you don't seem to be able to get your head around the difference between intent and process. A process can't be evil as it has no intent.

But if suffering and disease were created with intent, that's evil.by definition.

Unlike you I have no great desire to live for ever. If I wake up dead, fine. I have enough experience with leaving my body that I'm pretty sure I'd recognize "home" if it exists. But I don't think, at present, that my experiences were anything but mind. We'll see.

The question is why would something create this? And I've gone in to detail with you a dozen possible reasons.

The Christian god is evil if it is omnipotent and "perfect" like the myth says. Why? Because it have done all this in many ways without creating suffering and evil. Not to mention the myth tells us it also created demons and a devil etc. Why?

And this god can't be perfect. It created us and all this. So it had a reason to. That means it had a need. Perfect things have no need, they are perfect.  Of course there's no such thing. Why? Because for anything to be absolutely perfect, everything has to be in that state. Why? Because if something isn't, it has needs and will mess up the balance and perfection of everything else. It only takes one rotten apple to spoil the barrel.

Now, what do they tell you about heaven? No suffering, no pain, no death. So why couldn't this god create this there? Are we to learn here and then get our reward? We're supposed to learn everything in one short life? That's irrational. At least the Buddhists claim we reincarnate over and over till we get it, then we join the cosmic consciousness.

That makes more sense, in many ways. The cosmic consciousness isn't god, it's in a state of higher balance and perfection, but obviously it.speaks of a totality in turmoil, trying to reach perfection by working out every possibility. And then there is no god, as everything is god. (pantheism) So nothing is objectively above or below in value. Subjectively, of course, is a different matter.

I don't know that there is a cosmic consciousness, but even if there isn't and consciousness = brain, then it almost looks the same from a scientific view. The totality is evolving. It looks like an effort to find perfect balance through physical laws.  Order.

Chaos creates order, as well as being the process by which the simple becomes the complex. How? By following simple rules over and over again under diverse conditions.

All atoms actively try to reach their lowest possible energy. But other atoms interact with them causing high energy states. Merger eventually balances them and a new lowest level is found, resulting in a new substance on our level.

And so, simple rules played out under different conditions takes the simple to the complex

As opposed to a god creating us, perhaps the totality is trying to create a god state/perfection. Of course I have no faith in the idea it could ever succeed, nor that that's what's happening. Only that we can see it that way from what science has discovered about the way the universe works.

And were I religious or need a purpose for existence, which I don't, I think looking at what we do as a way to make our own lives and others better, and thereby help work out perfection, is a far higher purpose than being the pet of some supposedly perfect god.  And then, even suffering serves a purpose. Teaching us how not to suffer, and how not to make other things suffer.

Do no intentional harm. It's a much better golden rule/method for living.

2. cruelkindness profile image64
    cruelkindnessposted 11 years ago

No, God created existence. 
    " So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."
    The word Image is defined as a mental representation; idea; conception. 

Everything is one!

Think about it!

1. cruelkindness profile image64
      cruelkindnessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Existence is defined as continuance in being or life.

2. janesix profile image60

Oh. So gOd is a miserable pervert?

I'll try to explain this to you as simple as I can.

EVERY THING
        IS MADE OF
        ENERGY.

I MEAN EVERYTHING

What is energy?

Energy is vibrations in all types of wave lengths.  For instance the chair your sitting on has the same root particles as you do.  They just move at a different vibration to create that object.  Your thoughts are vibrating around you.  Not visible, however can be measured.

So god is a vibration of what?

Well humans came up with the concept of god.

First you insist that god is real, now you are saying he is just a human concept. Which do you believe?

I believe everything is just an illusion.  Your body is a just sensors for your mind.  You only feel a cut because your mind is telling you so.  People make them selves ill all the time by broken hearts.  If some people truly believe their going to heaven.  Then their going to heaven.  If others believe there is a hand full of virgins waiting for them.  Then for them their is a hand full of virgins.  We create the world around us.  Everything that we believed in the past wasn't possible is starting to become possible.

Think about it.

If everything is an illusion, then how can we have a body?

I believe I am floating on to were ever i desire.

God is defined as the creation of all things.  Your thinking of a single entity
                    I'm thinking of God as every entity.

when you talk about energy and you refuse to acknowledge the source of all energy isn't that ambiguous all the way?

2. dmoney4god profile image60
        dmoney4godposted 11 years agoin reply to this

God is not miserable pervert MAN is

3. Felixedet2000 profile image58

You don't have to remind him of that, who ever want to slander against the name of God has the right to do so, oh yes.but on the last day, regret will be all the fellow has to deal with for eternity.

3. LewSethics profile image61
      LewSethicsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If god is perfect then he doesn't need a thought process, because he already knows everything, but if he made man in his image, then he must use his imagination, which is a thought process. 
      Also, if we are made in his image then that means that we look like him.  So god has a pair of legs, but why would god need a pair of legs if he is holed up in some special place outside of our own moribund universe?

3. janesix profile image60
    janesixposted 11 years ago

Your worldview seems to be inconsistant. You say everything is an illusion, yet you also claim that everything is energy. You need a material universe to have energy.

An illusion is energy.  Re read my words.

Energy vibrating what?

google it

Google what? I am asking you question about your worldview, which is completely inconsistant. If everything is energy, which i agree with, then there has to be something that is enegized.. You also say everything is an illusion. You cant have both. I am trying to figure out what you are getting at.

power of conscious mind
              the quantum enigma
              quantum physics

To much too explain in this forum.  If your serious look these up. 
              There is video's on you tube.   

There has been experiments done.

Reality is our own consciousness.

You have the power to change anything.

Quantum physics experiments dont prove that a persons concsious has any effect on particles/waves. Only that the instruments do.

I beg to differ my fellow hubber.
                  Research:
                  Emoto's Water Experiment: The Power of Thoughts
                  Then explain to me the results of his national recognized experiment .

Emoto is a fraud. Ive read about his "work". Experiments have to be reproducable by others. His hasnt been.

4. janesix profile image60
    janesixposted 11 years ago

"Because I am a water researcher, and not a traditional scientist, I am not an authority on quantum physics." Dr. Emoto

He discovered something important in science and it happen to spark the world of quantum physics

Here is a recent insight from people who have a paper on there wall saying they have a degree in quantum physics

With all the breakthroughs in the dynamics of our natural world, the topic of physics and consciousness is becoming more well renowned by physicists. In the spring of 2003, the Quantum Mind Conference on "Consciousness, Quantum Physics and The Brain" was held Arizona, USA. Their web site states, "Recent experimental evidence suggests quantum nonlocality occurring in conscious and subconscious brain function, and functional quantum processes in molecular biology are becoming more and more apparent. Moreover macroscopic quantum processes are being proposed as intrinsic features in cosmology, evolution and social interactions."

When we know that we are all a part of this Non-Locality, or Oneness, we can make strides to improve out society, our nation and our world.

5. Druid Dude profile image61
    Druid Dudeposted 11 years ago

Does this mean their parents don't exist, and never did? God proved to me he is there. It is an individual, personal thing. My life hasn't been made 'better', just stranger. What I saw, convinced me, what I have experienced convinces me. Even things which just came out of my mouth, unplanned and unbidden. The problem I see, is that christians just give Jesus a bad name. No joke.

"Missing the boat on this one."
      Read my comments from the beginning and your answer will be reveled to you.

Only time stands between our gained knowledge.

Cruelkindness

6. pisean282311 profile image63
    pisean282311posted 11 years ago

u made statement that god exist...so onus of proving it lies on u...kindly prove it in measurable terms such that all court of laws can accept it as evidence and we can close this case forever...

I beg to differ If you look back to me earlier insight I had stated :

cruelkindnessposted 18 hours ago in reply to this
      I believe everything is just an illusion.  Your body is a just sensors for your mind.  You only feel a cut because your mind is telling you so.  People make them selves ill all the time by broken hearts.  If some people truly believe their going to heaven.  Then their going to heaven.  If others believe there is a hand full of virgins waiting for them.  Then for them their is a hand full of virgins.  We create the world around us.  Everything that we believed in the past wasn't possible is starting to become possible.

Think about it.

So in hindsight you are in control of your own world. 
      You determine your fate , I mine, and so on.
      If the person across the world from you truly in his soul believes there is just darkness when graduates from life.  Then there will be darkness for him.  If you believe your going to a white place in the clouds with people that have wings attached to there backs and you truly believe this with all your soul.  Then there you shale be.

I'm just saying...

Cruelkindness

1. pisean282311 profile image63
        pisean282311posted 11 years agoin reply to this

@cruel gud point....

Cruelkindness STAMP

There is no one who can prove that God does not exist, he exist and we all as humans know that he does. why then are we so hypocritical in acknowledging this simple truth?

Truth  is defined as a verified or indisputable fact.

Define God   http://cruelkindness.hubpages.com/quest … define-god
        Can't prove he does and Can't prove he doesn't.

I guess we all are going to find out the answer.

Cruelkindness

the false is when you say there is no God,the truth is God Exist.

2. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 11 years agoin reply to this

roll

3. IAmAnAtheist profile image61
        IAmAnAtheistposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The burden of proof falls on the one making the claim, not the one refuting it. Saying nobody can prove god does not exist is absurd, And I as a human being do not know that god exists nobody does.

That's is because you refuse to know that he does he exist, that's your choice and it's strictly personal. Mine is otherwise, i am a real prove of his existence.
          This is like non-sense to you and that's exactly the way it ought to be, because unless you are of the spirit, you can never, ever discern things of the spirit Man.

1. profile image0

So let me get this right.

I'm going to draw an analogy.

2 + 2 = 5.

And this is true because people who think 2 + 2 = 4 just don't have the spirit of God to reveal to them that 2 + 2 = 5?

I don't think so.

Very fuzzy logic.

iamanatheist: You are confuse. The burden of prove lies on the person refuting the claim and not otherwise. Fact is, even if you are shown all the proofs there is , you still will never remotely believe it Ok?

don't play game with yourself thinking you are making any point at all.

1. IAmAnAtheist profile image61

Well it isn't because i refuse to know, it's because I fail to see any evidence supporting his existence. How do you know you are proof of his existence? You are proof for your parents existence, thats for sure, and know im not confuesd you dont throw away the burden of proof on other people (i.e. Atheists) because you can't prove yourself right so you try to get us to not prove his existence. Just because i wouldnt believe it (Which I would) doesnt dictate where the burden of proof falls. im not playing games with myself thinking im making points, Thats what you are doing.

You are not quite sure of what you are saying my friend. i will tell you what i believe.
              i believe in Jesus, God, the Bible and the Holy spirit.
              What do you believe?

Really? Is what im saying incoherent? I think you are having trouble understanding it, so you are changing the subject.

2. autumn18 profile image58
            autumn18posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Actually he is making a point. If you claim something is the truth and someone disagrees, it's your responsibility to prove it. I've heard that line before of Oh you wouldn't believe it even if you were shown proof anyway. Why not try it? I totally would believe something if it was proven to me. Just say it is so isn't proof.

thank you autumn lol smile

4. profile image0

There's no one that can prove that cars aren't flying around in the New York sky right now either. It's just because people haven't been given spiritual sight that they can't see it.

For that matter, nobody can prove that there are no dinosaurs around right now. Of course there are. The people who can't see them just refuse to open their eyes to see them.

Equally, the Avengers, Batman, Superman, and all the other super heroes are flying around in the sky. You only have to open your eyes to see them. If you can't see them, it's all your fault. If you don't want to open your spiritual eyes to see them, that's because you just refuse to accept that just because you can't see them doesn't mean they aren't there.

I know that they are there because I can see them with my own eyes. And I'm not imagining things. Absolutely not. I'm not crazy either. I had a real spiritual experience that opened my eyes to seeing all the cars flying around in New York, the great dinosaurs roaming on our plains, and, of course, Superman flew by me just five minutes ago. He even winked at me. Go eat your heart out, Lois Lane!

1. A Thousand Words profile image67
          A Thousand Wordsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What? You, too? Superman, you heartbreaker... :'(

7. getitrite profile image71
    getitriteposted 11 years ago

I long for the day when people asserting psychotic, unprovable, nonsensical, childish religious drivel are put into institutions, where they rightfully belong...along with the other mentally ill.

1. profile image0

Totally.

2. IAmAnAtheist profile image61

lol agreed

8. Druid Dude profile image61
    Druid Dudeposted 11 years ago

Cruelkindness...you are right on! As to burden of proof: Not even Hawking declares that God doesn't exist. Why? Because the non-existance or existance of God, is and has been equally unprovable. The view that something on the order of God exists has been the generally accepted view for thousands of years, maybe even tens of thousands, therefore, the incredible claim that God doesn't exist means that the burden of proof actually rests on that group who support the incredible claim. I don't have to prove God exists...you have to prove he doesn't. Further, I don't care if you never find God. He is strictly your problem, not mine. You are his problem...not mine. Only God can give you sight where you have none, and only you can open that channel between yourself and the almighty. So, and for that reason, I don't care to PROVE it to you or anyone else.

Druid dude, you are super awesome.

Here is a comic I brought for the people following this forum, I hope you enjoy it.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6674905_f248.jpg

1. A Thousand Words profile image67
        A Thousand Wordsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What the what? It was Zeus after all? yikes

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)