what do you visualize heaven to be like

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Deb Welchposted 11 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6612617.jpg
    IS IT HERE ON EARTH AS WELL AS WHEN YOU DIE?

Personally - the Heaven I look forward to after passing from this Earth - will hopefully be a position where I take care of a menagerie of wild and tame animals.  Frequently tending a blooming garden of herbs, beautiful flowers, and many vegetables.  I would love to live in a small beach cottage sitting on a beach of pure white sand next to a large body of water as well.
    Forum Idea Source:  Time  (4-16-12)  RETHINKING HEAVEN   by Jon Meacham
    Vol. 179, No.5 - 2012     www.time.com      I have ordered: Surprised by hope : rethinking heaven, the resurrection, and the mission of the church
    Wright, N. T. (Nicholas Thomas)

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 11 years ago

well....what about now?...why wait?...

1. profile image0
      Deb Welchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

In regards to what? Death? Working with animals, tending a garden, or living in a beach house?  Everyone has their own perception of what heaven will be like. I don't want to imagine angels playing and flying around laughing.  I picture a more sensible afterlife into Heaven that is more suitable to that person than what they have previously lived on Earth.  Number One why not now - financial, number two - education in those areas - number three - an Island with pure white sand is too far from the US.  Death?  Well - maybe I won't live to be elderly - that's okay with me.  So why did you ask me and not give your own idea?  SomewayOuttaHere.

3. Azaurmyth profile image60
    Azaurmythposted 11 years ago

I don't believe in Heaven. First, I don't like the idea of an eternal paradise. What the hell would I do for eternity if I had nothing that I had to do? That would drive me nuts. Second, the true idea of Heaven is sort of lost. Most people see it as a place to eat whatever and not gain a pound and crap like that. It should be a place to commune with the Gods.

So as opposed to Heaven, I believe in a crossroads. A place where my soul can speak with the Gods, asking anything it may have until it is ready to move on to the next life.

4. Bonitaanna profile image61
    Bonitaannaposted 11 years ago

I have read quite a few books about people passing to the other side and coming back, and even one of my girlfriends was there on the other side for 4 1/2 months while she was in a coma. She and other people who wrote about their experience said the samething. Even on tv many movies say the samething.  When we passover there, it is usually a very uneventful happening, unless of course you linger on this side in a hospital bed in alot of pain.  Many people don't realize they are on the other side in their spiritual body. The world or dimension is along side this one except the colors are more brilliant there and here they are dull. Almost as if everything in color here is painted with flat paint, and on the other side everything there is painted with high gloss. Even there is the river of life over there in a brilliant gold color. People float there, where here we are weighted down with body weight. We plod.  There we think things into our presence. Our thoughts over there creat what we want, anotherwards. Many people over there help their loved ones by guiding them, thru thought forms, and help sould over there to create. If you do not accept it and cannot deal with it, you end up going to sleep for maybe hundreds of years till you wake up and do accept it.Many who die take time to stay and help their family when they come over to the spirit world in their time of adjustment.  The ones who are useful and learn about God, go on to higher authority and knowledge, until they reach the highest level. Not until then are you received through the pearly gates.

1. Bonitaanna profile image61
      Bonitaannaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

of heaven.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)