Does the bible create lunacy?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (26 posts)
  1. mischeviousme profile image61
    mischeviousmeposted 11 years ago

Do the things modern theists say, sound primitive and crazy?

1. Druid Dude profile image61
      Druid Dudeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The moon does...hence the name 'lunacy'. Really? Incorporating Einsteinian physics in our proof-set primitive? Crazy. It is said that atheists know more about religion than religious people. Good thing, cause they don't know squat about science.

mischeviousmeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree...

2. profile image0
      jonnycomelatelyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Do you think people get these two words mixed up?  Science and "séance"

It's possible that dooky means something other than feces, but we have not heard a likely alternative as of yet.

3. Jesus was a hippy profile image61
      Jesus was a hippyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes

They claim to be intelligent, yet they don't see the error in their mental processes. Can you build a cell phone with the bible? No... Yet they seem to think that their bible invalidates science. How ignorant does the church wish for it's followers to remain?

2. profile image0

To the question, "Do the things modern theists say, sound primitive and crazy?" you wrote "Yes."

If you had said, "Yes, to me they do,"  would that have been unquestionable?

2. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 11 years ago

Only because they started down the path of private interpretation centuries ago, and the farther we go down that path, the thicker the underbrush..

Listen...there is a voice! Calling in the wilderness! Prepare you, oh, man, for the advent of the flesh. When Rock and Roll started getting really complicated in the mid to late seventies, there was a movement to get back to the roots of the form...and grunge was born. This is an analogy.

1. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think I get it?  at least in my own way.  I had already fallen away from that "NEW" music in the early 70's.   heck  I remember before the rolling stones came out. They were new to me..  great to shake your boody to.

2. mischeviousme profile image61

Why not make something new of an old way of thinking, it's only staying true to progress.

1. Jerami profile image58
          Jeramiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

True but what good is a new concept of dirt , or rain, ...  by any other name, mud is still mud.

I'm not talking about spirituality or religion, just an agreement of a moral nature. One that would aleviate the necessity to one up one another.

3. Druid Dude profile image61

Johnny. Do you think that someone who wears a costume becomes the character of the costume? Neither do I. Don't let my mystic overtones fool you. I call myself Druid Dude to keep people like you off balance. It works.

The bible didn't create Caligula, or Nero, although the latter tried to blame christians for the fire that devasted Rome. There were probably other madmen who weren't influenced by the bible.

There most likely were, yet none quite as motivated by the prospect of riches.

2. profile image0

Sure does!  Excuse me while I - err - just a minute -- pick me-self up out the gutter....!

2. profile image0

Jerami, I thought "private interpretation" was your forte! big_smile

3. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 11 years ago

To the same degree that oxygen creates fire

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
      Rochelle Frankposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oxygen is necessary to create fire.  So, is lunacy possible without religion?

The term is archaic. Schizophrenia is possible without religion. Atheists can also be socio-paths. Psychoses don't always present with a religious overtone. That is just Hollywood. Mental illness can be found where no bibles can. On another note, helping to cure mental illness, religion has often been used to re-connect the mentally ill to a social framework.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
          Rochelle Frankposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think you are right, on all points.

2. mischeviousme profile image61

It can, but all frames of mind and all of men's ways are flawed. So any information one sees as correct, is jus another personal observation and only has the meanings the individual is conditioned to accept. Everything is the individual, in the sense that the ellectro chemical patterns of the brain and the expression there of, are unique to the brain percieving the event, sensation, experience. So if one has experienced a moment with God/god, then another has had an enlightenment.

4. profile image0
    jomineposted 11 years ago

Does the bible create lunacy?
    No. But lunacy can create bible!

All people are nutso anyway, I just think religion perpetuates the suffering of it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)