jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Do you believe in Purgatory?

1. 60
    wheatbaybayposted 4 years ago

Do you believe Purgatory really exist.

1. Jerami profile image77
      Jeramiposted 4 years ago in reply to this

would we know it if we were already there?

It seems that God is big on not letting the left hand know what the right hand is doing.

1. Disappearinghead profile image88
        Disappearingheadposted 4 years ago in reply to this

smile  that would be too easy Jerami.

1. Jerami profile image77
          Jeramiposted 4 years ago in reply to this

been under the weather for a couple of days  sorry  AGAIN for the time lapses between posts.

Regardless of what it is that we are trying to "fix" (?) I was taught to look for the easiest/simplest answer first, and then progress to the more complicated stuff as needed.
             When we reject the right answer too quickly (However how simple) and continue searching; confusion is certain to follow.

At least; that is what I was told ??

2. noenhulk profile image57
      noenhulkposted 4 years ago in reply to this

My mind says no, I don't.. my heart is following...

3. 0
      SirDentposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Of course I do.  I watched a movie a long time ago where Clint Eastwood went to Purgatory.  He killed whole gang of bad guys all by himself.

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

No. It's just as fictional as "hell" and "heaven". lol

3. cryptid profile image93
    cryptidposted 4 years ago

I'm fascinated by the Catholic version of Purgatory, where the only way you ever get out is if living people pray for you.  If that's true, I'm pretty sure I won't have enough friends when I die to make that happen.

Any Catholic people please feel free to better illuminate my lame attempt at describing Catholic Purgatory.

4. MrMaranatha profile image86
    MrMaranathaposted 4 years ago

Purgatory... that's a town in Colorado if I remember right...  In La Plata County.

The Other one however is just a money making scheme of a certain religious organization and has no Biblical foundation whatsoever.  In fact it is contrary to what the Bible teaches.  Yes they do try to twist a couple of verses here and there for substantiation.. But if you read them in context.. they just do not fit.  You either get saved while you have the CHance in this life... or you die in your sins and are cast into Hell to await the final judgement.