jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Would You Play God In A Game Of Challenge?

1. Eugene Hardy profile image62
    Eugene Hardyposted 4 years ago

In a game of tennis?
    How about 21?
    Maybe some poker over beers.

Would you play God?  And do you play to win?

What do you think?

1. msorensson profile image67
      msorenssonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The only way to win is to not play..if you will play, willingly, then be like James Bond.. a man who can walk away from his greatest triumph empty handed and empty pocketed..he shall live to triumph over and over...
      I do not know how to play any card games..

1. jonnycomelately profile image85
        jonnycomelatelyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

msorensson, you will remember that James Bond at least always ended up trumps, by being in bed with the only GOOD girl remaining 'til the end of the film.

I wonder what god would want as a trophy.  If he managed to win.

Eugene Hardyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I will always be a Bond fan....

Personally, I would love to play God a game of - anything, not just for the chance to play, but for the conversation and chance for knowledge.

Though, I'd still play to win.

1. jonnycomelately profile image85
            jonnycomelatelyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

In that case, Eugene, CANASTA.  That would be a good game to play with God.  I would always have a partner to blame things on if they go wrong.  Would you be my partner, Eugene?

It can be a cut-throat game, where all of one's morals leave the table for the duration of the game.  You would still have time to chat with God and get his views on the world.  HIS partner?  Don't know.  Maybe he could be in league with the Devil, just for old-time's sake.

It would be nice if I could sit on Devil's left hand, instead of his right.  Then I could take the occasional sneak preview of the Hand he is holding, and (the occasional sneak view of God's Hand, too of course) then pass God a dud card so he can't make the move he was planning.  Hey!  This means I will be on the Right Hand of God.  GOOD MOVE!

But, you know the way to make God smile?   Just tell him your plans.  smile

lol

Well, if you need a partner that does not know what he's doing, I'm your guy.

Uh, what's Canasta?

2. Eugene Hardy profile image62

Well, what if it was a good natured game,like between friends?

A game of checkers maybe?

2. lorlie6 profile image83
    lorlie6posted 4 years ago

Ah, fish...

Now that would be a good a game-and fun!

3. jonnycomelately profile image85
    jonnycomelatelyposted 4 years ago

Canasta is a very nice game, Eugene, where you play with 2 standard packs of cards, with 4 jokers in play.  Best played by 4 players in two partnerships.  There is some skill and some luck to being successful.  Fun to play, you can drop any niceties of personality and be ruthless just for the duration of the game and get back to usual friendships afterwards.  People whom I introduce it to usually become much better at it than I am, which annoys the heck out of me!

"Players attempt to make melds of 7 cards of the same rank and "go out" by playing all cards in their hand. It is the only partnership member of the family of Rummy games to achieve the status of a classic."  This is just from Wikipedia, to give you a better idea.

I reckon God and the Devil would make a superb partnership.....

As in ying and yang, the Tao?

A formidable partnership indeed.

working