A question to Christians about Gay Marriage

1. A Thousand Words profile image81
    A Thousand Wordsposted 4 years ago

I want an honest answer. Not emotion filled, bigoted rhetoric. Be honest with yourself, not just me.

How will homosexual people getting married affect you personally?

Also, how will you stopping them from getting married show them how much of "God's love" you possess? How will it "save" them? I mean, according to your theology, they're going to Hell. Will banning gay marriage help your salvation cause? Or continue to drive a wedge between you and gay people?

I am not religious, nor do I believe that homosexuality is "wrong." But I think this an important question that needs to be answered. Hmm, question(s) I should say.

1. Paul Wingert profile image79
      Paul Wingertposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm not a Christian but looking at this same sex marriage thing, it's wrong to some of these Christians, and even some Jews and Muslims, because it's convenient for them. It seems that they have to be afraid of something or someone. A few decades ago it was the "be afraid of the black man". Recently (and still is) "be afraid of the Muslim". Now it's gays and lesbians want equal rights. 40 years ago theses same bigoted Christians were out  protesting interracial marriage. They look pretty stupid now, don't they?Isn't working on the Sabbath a bigger crime than homosexuality? Why don't they get their panties in a bind over breaking a Commandment law? Maybe it's because their work schedule requires them to work Sundays and don't have time to get out their stupid signs.  These feeble minded and ignorant people live their lives dictated by a scripture written back when superstition and myth was the thought of the day. It's sad and pathetic that there's people out there that think this is still the 1st Century.