jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Have You Read Matthew 25 31-46, What Do Those Verses Mean To You?

1. crazyhorsesghost profile image86
    crazyhorsesghostposted 8 years ago

Matthew 25:31-46 (King James Version)

31When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

I see a lot of bickering going on among those who profess to be Christians and I really wonder how they really practice Christianity on a daily basis. I'm curious if you are a Christian have you read the above verses and what do you think about them? What do they mean to you?

And if you do profess to be a Christian and have Jesus Christ in you have you read the below scriptures.

I pray that you ... may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long
    and high and deep is the love of Christ (Ephesians 3:17-19).

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you" (1 Peter 5:7)

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge-that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen (Ephesians 3:16-21)

Jesus offers each of us a walk with God and a fullness of life that is not possible without him. As he said, "I am the bread of life" (John 6:35), and  "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6). He also said, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again" (John 3:3).  Jesus' death, resurrection, and offer of eternal life is the greatest manifestation of God's love for you.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16).

But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved (Ephesians 2:4-5).

And Some of my favorites.

Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies (Psalm 36:5).

How priceless is your unfailing love! Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of your wings (Psalm 36:7).

Within your temple, O God, we meditate on your unfailing love (Psalm 48:9).

But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever (Psalm 52:8).

But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness (Psalm 86:15).

Give thanks to the God of heaven. His love endures forever (Psalm 136:26).

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" (Jeremiah 29:11).

The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness" (Jeremiah 31:3).

Ask yourself this question. Do you have the love of Jesus Christ in you. Can people see Jesus thru your daily actions and in you. I know I spend a lot of time on my knees over this very issue. I tell myself before I react what would Jesus do. Especially in matters of Spirituality or when writing or talking about Jesus Christ. Can people see Jesus Christ in you. And in your actions. And I'm not saying we as humans are never going to get angry. Hell we all do. I spend most days angry at our politicians who ignore hungry Americans , homeless Americans , and the poor. But bottomline can people see Jesus Christ in you and in your actions.

1. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Let me answer this,
      31When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

This planet or life is like a big school for our souls.We all come form the Light or supersoul or Holy spirit or god.When the soul learns to love and give then it has learned its lesson but when one is elfish and not charitable then he will keep coming back which is what is meant by hell or everlasting punishment.

Its all you is what you need to comrehend,
      Thats when some foolish laws can be bend.

How do I make people understand,
      We are all part of the same band.

Understand your oneness then all is you so automatically you will follow "do unot others as you would have others do unto you".

may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long
      and high and deep is the love of Christ

You are made of such fine light ,love tissue,
      No beginning,no end and egeless isssue.

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6).
      This is mentioned in the Holy Bhagwat Gita and the Holy Quran beacuse there are many spreading false god knowledge.

"I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again" (John 3:3). 
      One must dies in order to go back to the light-god .
      "My kingdom is not of this world"Jesus

The rest is about love what god is. smile

2. crazyhorsesghost profile image86
    crazyhorsesghostposted 8 years ago

No one wants to reply.

3. Make  Money profile image74
    Make Moneyposted 8 years ago

I hope people can see Jesus Christ in me and in my actions.  The problem with these forums is that we or at least I find that I am trying to correct extra-biblical beliefs that are not found in the Bible.  It would be different if we were being asked what is meant by certain verses from the Bible, like you did above and that's it.  But we find all kinds of beliefs in here.  Do you not think we should try to correct errors?  If we don't then possibly more people will start to believe those errors.  Don't you agree?

Mike

I see good in Mike ,he has tremendous respect for Christ and the Bible and he is not one to negate other religions.He knows God is One and other religion are worshipping the same god or source Christians do. smile
      I see Christ like qualites in Mike. smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Mo - You need to start  listening to what people are saying.

Mike is here to correct your beliefs that are in error because they are not in the bible. smile

Hes okay he believes there is just one god and so do I .smileI see some nice qualites in him hes not fanatical like some.
          I am open to knowledge and correction but I know what Jesus did so my knowledge is pretty good.You may read thE Bible all your life but without enlightenment you can never really understand it properly as spiritual books have a lot of depth in them. smile
          The essence of the Bible and my bookPonder Awhile are the same. smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
            Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Oh, I see nice qualities in Mike too. His religious beliefs are not one of them big_smile

See what he has to say about your book being the same as the bible smile

Sorry CHG - didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Thats your story with him not mine. :)He tried to clear out the air with the Muslim who was here earlier and I respect him for doing that.His knowldge of the Bible is also excellent,he is very well read and a seeker of truth .Maybe if he does read my book he will see the the essence is the same. :)There are two sides to a coin some here have said devil son ha first time i have heard that and then there are many who call me a saint  or prophet :)This is life. smile

working