Comic books are more convincing than the bible.

1. 59
    nonto21posted 4 years ago

Case in point: The X-Men. Stan Lee was very realistic with his idea and he didn't rely on a mythic figure to tell the story. Gordon and Ordway on the other hand, created an alien creature (superman), that saves men from evil. The X-Men are just normal people, that have evolved to suit their niche.

2. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 4 years ago

Fairy tales are generally more useful as well, there is far less room for interpretation. For instance, the boy who cried wolf, doesn't often get a strange and out there interpretation. It's pretty clear that its a story to illustrate why lying is dangerous. With believers in the bible there are so many interpretations out there that the most extreme ones almost always wind up conflicting with each other. Then you have the problem that the message, or lesson, one is supposed to take from the biblical stories often gets forgotten about in the debate as to how to interpret the stories and of course how to 'prove' them. I think I would rather get my moral compass from mother goose to be honest.