jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

How come...

1. profile image61
    nonto21posted 4 years ago

When I ask a theist to prove what their claiming, I rarely get an answer, if at all?

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Neither side can prove their beliefs. Let it go... big_smile

2. autumn18 profile image69
      autumn18posted 4 years ago in reply to this

It might be because they are not things that can be proven. It's not science it's beliefs that some want to believe so bad that they turn it into something they claim to know.

1. profile image61
        nonto21posted 4 years ago in reply to this

For sure.

2. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

And as a follow up, we all find out when we die.

3. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Or not.

4. grand old lady profile image90
    grand old ladyposted 4 years ago

Theism is belief in God and there are many faiths that adhere to theism with variations here and there. To prove theism is something that only God can do. In my personal experience, I had an "epiphany" of sorts 30 years ago that changed my life. You can't prove God like you would prove something in a debate. But as the Bible says, "Seek and you will find." So if you keep searching, it will come your way.

1. profile image61

For 21 years, I had a belief and it was unshakeable. It was when I met with teachers outside of the faith, that I truly considered the reality of it. All I have is my experience and my perception, anything beyond that is a day dream.

1. grand old lady profile image90
        grand old ladyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That happens too, and your journey is far from over. Thing is, if you just grow up with a faith, it is different from midway finding faith or finding a new faith. In such case, it is an act of conviction because you experienced it. If I were you, continue on your journey and keep praying.

1. profile image61

What has prayer accomplished? Other than what is provided by theist sources? I couldn't pray a person to life nor could I repare a broken leg. My prayers won't stop a war and they won't change what is. If there is any proof of prayer working, then it is purely a delusion of the theist.

working