It's Better for Non-Believers to be a Diest than an Atheist.

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (49 posts)
  1. profile image51
    jah1zposted 11 years ago

.....at least you acknowledge a Higher Power and believe that Higher Power is to Supreme to be involved with earthly matters. The Founding Fathers of the U.S. were mostly Deists. And seeing how the U.S. Constitution survived this long and held a civilization in good stead, one have to wonder how blessed the U.S. has become because of it. Not that I am a Deist but it's quite interesting the success of being a First and forging a Constitution based on that.

1. profile image58
      nonto21posted 11 years agoin reply to this

A deist believes that God is dead. Get your facts straight before you speak.

1. profile image51
        jah1zposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wrong!

Merriam Webster Dictionary---

A movement or system of thoughts advocating a system of natural religion; emphasizing mortality.

Denying the interference of the Creator with the Laws of the Universe.

Get your facts straight.

1. profile image58

I was just corrected by another. Read through the thread at least. I admitted I was wrong, so put up or shut up. Prove to me why one is better than the other, then prove to me that it exists.

1. profile image51

Then blessed is he who is corrected.

And I proved why. It's better to be safe than not believing and be condemn in the afterlife.

1. profile image58

Prove there's an after life.

Do it without saying we die. We all already know that death is the end of a life, prove the after part.

1. profile image51

Well, considering you are an Atheist and I am a Believer, we are in conflict. We wouldn't be able advance on each others considering you have shut out anything to do with God so, whatever I say would be foreign to you. I rather debate this question with Satan than you. At least he's a Believer, therefore we'd have a "premise" to move forward on.

1. profile image58

Why would I want to move forward in your tradition? Especially when I've already found fault with it?

I went to bible school and was quite indoctrinated. We could have your discussion but then, it wouldn't be me you were talking to.

1. profile image51

Then if you found fault with it, therefore you understand what the afterlife is. Don't drag me into your frustration according to the way you perceive the afterlife. And if you went to a Bible school and now an Atheist, then repent!

Pray to God for understand. If none is given then be patience in your long-suffering and wait for it. If none is still not given, then be patience in your long-suffering to the end. Bless is he that endure to the end!

2. nightwork4 profile image59
              nightwork4posted 11 years agoin reply to this

what does safety have to do with it? if i don't believe in god then i don't worry or care about being safe. if i don't believe in god but play it safe, wouldn't this all-knowing god see this? wow

2. profile image51

My bad, my mobile phone is putting in the wrong words. In the title, I meant to spell, Deist. And in my last sentence, I meant to say...

"Not that I am a Deist but it's quite interesting the success of being a Deist and forging a Constitution based on that."

3. profile image0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Tell me, why is it so important for people to care about what Atheists think? I really, really don't care what religious people, agnostics, or anyone else thinks about where they came from and where they're going to. It's not something I have any interest in discussing. The moment I meet someone and they start on that topic, I begin to think of ways to say good bye as fast as I possibly can.

So what does it matter if Atheists don't believe in God??? What's the big deal?

1. profile image51

If you don't Believe in God, that is your choice. Disregard what "man" say to you if you tell him/her you don't believe in God. For who is he or her to judge you?  They should know better ---- "Judge not, ye not be judge."

Other than that, you cannot say you didn't know about God. The "soul" wouldn't allow it nor have you ignorant to the truth. For life comes from God and Man became a living soul.

1. profile image0

Joh tz "Other than that, you cannot say you didn't know about God. The "soul" wouldn't allow it nor have you ignorant to the truth. For life comes from God and Man became a living soul."

Aren't you being a bit of a hypocrite? Here are  you saying 'judge not least he be judged," but you're judging yourself. What on earth makes you think you're right and I'm wrong? Isn't that somewhat arrogant? smile I have never said, "Look, you've been told there is no God, and it's all your imagination, and you just want to believe in God because it makes you feel safe and better about life. It also makes you feel superior to those that don't believe in God, because you can believe you're special." I could have said that. I didn't.

So what gives you the right to tell me that my soul wouldn't allow me to believe in God? Who are you to judge that?

1. profile image51

I'm not judging you. If I did, point out how I judge you? To judge is to condemn, right or wrong. I'm only defending the "soul" for the soul is the truth there is a God.  Your soul knows God, for it is of God and would not have you ignorant to the truth. I'm defending your soul, Sophia, not you: the flesh. Understand this.

Other than that, I have no right to judge you in the flesh. Who am I to judge you? I am a sinner too. So, be great and peace be with you, Sophia.

1. profile image0

jahtz, you are making an assumption with no evidence that my 'soul knows God." That is religious dogma. You cannot look into my soul - whatever that is. Nor can you look into the soul of anyone else. Incidentally, I truly doubt that you can look at your own soul. How do you define soul? Where is it situated in the body?

Jahtz, I don't know how old you are, but I'm 60, and for you to quote all this dogma (as it has been repeated to you over and over again) indicates that you are probably either a recent convert or very young. My knowledge of the bible, of Christianity, and of religion as a whole is based on 30 years solid daily experience.

1. profile image51

Sophia, you speak about things you do not understand. I don't have to know your soul, personally, to see that you are alive, moving about and functioning as a rational human being. Are you not?

I only need to know that you are a Human, in the flesh. Therefore you have a soul for God breathe into the nostril of Adam and Man became a living soul. Woman came from Man therefore Woman is the mother of all living things.

For this reason, Man should leave his parents and join to his wife and they become One. Of course Man or Woman do not have to enjoin one another for they are souls separately.

2. profile image51

Sophia, you speak about things you do not understand. I don't have to know your soul, personally, to see that you are alive, moving about and functioning as a rational human being. Are you not?

I only need to know that you are a Human, in the flesh. Therefore you have a soul for God breathe into the nostril of Adam and Man became a living soul. Woman came from Man therefore Woman is the mother of all living things.

For this reason, Man should leave his parents and join to his wife and they become One. Of course Man or Woman do not have to enjoin one another for they are souls separately.

1. getitrite profile image71
                  getitriteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

And you know this irrefutably. Right?  Lest you wouldn't say it with the silly arrogance that you do.

Then why don't men have vaginas?

Does that include other species, and plant life, as well.  Wow, I thought women were only here to perform the other half of the reproductive function of the human species.  I have been woefully misinformed.  lol lol lol

1. profile image51

I have no idea what you talking about.

2. nightwork4 profile image59
          nightwork4posted 11 years agoin reply to this

we don't have a soul bud so where are you getting this stuff from. an atheist, at least myself, knows god isn't real and knows a soul is just as made up as god. wow

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 11 years ago

"Deism (i/ˈdiː.ɪzəm/[1][2] or /ˈdeɪ.ɪzəm/) is a religious philosophy which holds that reason and observation of the natural world, without the need for organized religion, can determine that the universe is the product of an intelligent creator."

1. profile image58

Ah! I was misinformed. Thank you for clarifying that for me.

2. cheaptrick profile image74
      cheaptrickposted 11 years agoin reply to this

+1

3. knolyourself profile image60

Thanks for being so active. You make me think.

1. profile image58

It's a Saturday and it's raining. What else have I to do?

4. knolyourself profile image60

I'll have to take your word that is raining.

5. knolyourself profile image60

Believe without believing has always been my philosophy. Best of both worlds.

6. knolyourself profile image60

Proof is in the pudding. It is personal experience of which only the experiencee can decide whether it comprises real actual proof or not. I am the only one that saw the flying saucer. I can believe or not. But I can't prove to those of my friends who were not there.

1. profile image58

How can you prove it, other than saying you can? I could take your word for it but we all know what words are worth.

7. profile image52
    Dachapposted 11 years ago

Read some C.S. Lewis, listen to Spiritual by Johnny Cash, and think a ton. tongue Afterwards give christianity a REAL try. Commit yourself fully to God and pursue Christ believing that He can work in you and don't be surprised if you find Him or if He finds you. The worst thing that could happen is you waste some time. In todays technologically distracted society I'm sure you've already wasted plenty. tongue Everyone loves a good Cash song anyway. big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)